General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, Kat said:

I didnt think they were on bad terms? I know Denis made some quips about the fans sniping at him over a brief issue on the ice once and made a...bit of a...stretched comparison over it, but I didnt think that translated to him/them being on iffy terms.

Not doubting you, just news to me 😅. Im out of the loop on some of this.

I don’t remember the details well but I think it was Yuzu who made the accusation, then came the part with Denis and the fans. It was very, very brief tho. For me they were sort of on iffy terms (but nothing too serious). They were friends, they apologized to each other afterwards and moved on peacefully :) 

26 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I don’t remember the details well but I think it was Yuzu who made the accusation, then came the part with Denis and the fans. It was very, very brief tho. For me they were sort of on iffy terms (but nothing too serious). They were friends, they apologized to each other afterwards and moved on peacefully :) 

Ok, gotcha. I'm pretty sure I know the incident you're talking about-I just didnt know it became even a small issue, but I suppose when you are both competitors tensions/defensiveness/sensitivity can flare at times 😅. So it makes sense-and as mentioned, they were still friends/on good terms

4 hours ago, Fay said:

Waseda posted a link to its graduation stream on September 20th. 
https://www.waseda.jp/top/en/news/73735

wait, there's a public stream? :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

Are we sure this is Zu's round?

What if we crash the YT stream only to be clowned once more with the Schrödinger graduation?:tumblr_inline_mzx8v0X45Z1r8msi5:

44 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Spoiler

it was matter of right of way (Yuzu's, that wasn't respected during his RT. iirc it resulted in him changing timing/trajectory for a jump and falling). Though apparently there had been similar instances in previous practices there, too, that had made Yuzuru, I think, hyper aware of what Denis was doing (like when you see something questionable once and you shrug it off at first, then it happens again and you start fixating on it and everything happening afterwards will look more suspicious)

Frank Carrol (Denis's coach) kinda made things worse by playing dumb  (and then 3 years later, the stance of NA coaches and "experts" would surprisingly be that, oops, the right of way is actually friggin sacred. You must jump off the boards to give way and, if you don't and are run over by the skater with the right of way, well, it's just your fault:shrug:)

IMO if that comp had not being Boston (with all the psychological and physical burden Yuzu had, and with Denis too, I think, possibly out of sorts because of his own ordeals), maybe the very same issue would have been solved easily, as it usually happens.

Afterwards, Yuzu took the first step to mend things and they did shook hands, but.... idk, I guess only the two of them could know if things truly just went back to how they were.

Before that, it looked like Yuzu and Denis got along very well, joking during gala reharsal and banquet. There are a few pics from WC15, I think, that are particularly bittersweet to look at :((not because of what happened in Boston, but because of what happened to Denis)

I’m sure Waseda is better equipped than a lot of western universities, but just in case , please consider not crashing the graduation?  One of my children graduated this year, the only ceremony was an online presentation with token student involvement and it was unwatchable because it kept crashing because too many friends and family were trying to watch.

7 hours ago, Fay said:

Waseda posted a link to its graduation stream on September 20th. 
https://www.waseda.jp/top/en/news/73735

What’s their server capacity... wonder if they ever imagine how many Pooh bears may be attracted...?  lol

Off topic - saw this from weibo by chance:  was that a plate of cactus toy among the mountains of gifts for Yuzu (5th pic) ?!  Had he kept it himself?...  :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4545222895469779 

12 hours ago, Kat said:

When was that? In what interview or news segment? Not doubting you, but I wanna check it out. No need for links if it's too hard/long ago, but I'm curious.

It was at Japan Nationals Dec 2019 - dont know link though sorry!

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

It's hosted on YouTube, though? The stream should be solid, no? Or does it still depend on Waseda's server capacities even if streamed via YouTube? 

(I probably won't watch myself but I'm curious)

Haha, thanks and you are probably right!  My mind seems not working properly once jumping to guess that we may hear about him in 32 hours :59227c768286a__s:   Luckily it’s Friday, no more work this week!

I'm kind of wondering why Waseda posted a public link for their graduations. Does it mean they're willing to accommodate the huge level of public interest in Yuzu's graduation, or is it simply an error on their part? IMO this isn't such a great thing to do to all their other graduates...

I think I'll just wait for the news footage afterwards, if there is any. This graduation is actually part of Yuzu's private life, so as a fan, I don't feel like I have any business to watch it.

I think I'll just wait for the (eventual) update.

We're already lucky that there is a public stream and that we might get to see freshly graduated Yuzu (maybe in other circumstances there wouldn't even be the chance of a vid). If Zuzu & his white wall show up, then for sure we'll know about that (and wouldn't media announce it too? they reported it when he enroled, expecting they'll say it when he graduates too ETA: also, they usually report it when other skaters did the same). I wouldn't want to the stream to lag/switch to poor quality for family and friends of the other graduates, it's their big day (and also, I wouldn't want to ruin the stream for him and his family LOL)

So I'll just entertain myself with refreshing the Planet and twitter, yay!:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

:laughing:

(wondering if he'd rather graduate in private, if there was the chance:tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg:)

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm kind of wondering why Waseda posted a public link for their graduations. Does it mean they're willing to accommodate the huge level of public interest in Yuzu's graduation, or is it simply an error on their part? IMO this isn't such a great thing to do to all their other graduates...

I think I'll just wait for the news footage afterwards, if there is any. This graduation is actually part of Yuzu's private life, so as a fan, I don't feel like I have any business to watch it.

Probably to make the ceremony easily accessible to the family and friends of all the graduates, who may not be able to celebrate together in person this year? 

I'm probably going to wait for footage too. Could be wrong but I highly doubt that there will be a "white wall" appearance. There will probably be a lot of speeches, and a LONG (like, hour long) list of names of the graduates read out loud before getting to him. And assuming the whole thing will be in Japanese, it could be hard for non-Japanese speakers to keep track of what is going on. Unless he is going to be specially introduced or is scheduled to make a speech (which we'd probably hear about ahead of time), it will be difficult to know when to expect to hear his name. I could see the university wanting to acknowledge him, but I could also see him declining a speaking opportunity as to not draw attention away from the other graduates. Hard to say.

I could be totally wrong! Just my 2 cents.