General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think iirc Dmitri Aliev also said something about trying to avoid Yuzu’s eyes right?

Yeah I don’t think there’s anyone in the skating community that Yuzu is on bad terms with? Not that we know of, at least.

Denis Ten.

There was a fuzz back then, albeit solved in peace and they were still friends before and after that incidence (Was it 2016?) I always believe Yuzu was at his lowest point when it happened, because it was a one time only thing, as far as I know. 

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think iirc Dmitri Aliev also said something about trying to avoid Yuzu’s eyes right?

Yeah I don’t think there’s anyone in the skating community that Yuzu is on bad terms with? Not that we know of, at least.

Yes :happy: :judge:

Even Yuzu’s look may affect another skater, so usually we try not to face his eyes.

He “kills” even before entering the ice; he already does it during the warm-up

Source

https://babyhanbin.tumblr.com/post/161362114022/yuzuru-is-the-supreme-elite-of-figure-skating-he

By the way, he has a profile picture with Yuzu on Twitter  :grin:
https://twitter.com/aliev_dmitriy?lang=de

2 hours ago, Anni said:

Yes :happy: :judge:

Source

https://babyhanbin.tumblr.com/post/161362114022/yuzuru-is-the-supreme-elite-of-figure-skating-he

By the way, he has a profile picture with Yuzu on Twitter  :grin:
https://twitter.com/aliev_dmitriy?lang=de

Wow, he certainly seems fond of Yuzu hehe

And I’ve been so caught up in Russian test skates and drama that I just realised we haven’t gotten our September white wall video...

6 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

The most important : basically he implied he is there until 2022 Olympics. I don't remember when and where though.

Changes of rules. There is a new "category" added between fully rotated and underrotated, q (for quarter underrotated, I suppose). I think there is a consensus on its likeliness to bring new unfair judging, favouring ones and underscoring others with ghost q calls. There was a project to equal base values between triple- and quad- Flips, Loops and Lutzes but they renounced to it. And there is a project of raising minimum Senior age to 17 but I don't know when it would start and I don't even know if it will be adopted.

Not a change of rules, but the GP season, due to CoViD, is reduced to 6 "regional" GP, the nearer of the skaters' residency or place of training, and the final would have 12 skaters for Men and Ladies (Junior Grand Prix is cancelled, as well as Challenger Series). 4CC is not officially cancelled, though Australian officials have hinted that travel ban may continue after December 31, its official term to this date (if I am not mistaken). Anyway GP will not count for World standards etc. Yuzuru Hanyu has announced he will not participate.

As to "Russian Drama", TeamTutberidze assistant coach Sergei Rozanov and skaters Alexandra Trusova and the Zhilina sisters have announced their switch to Angels of Plushenko (the latter's mother being recruited by Plushenko as a coach too), early in May with all sort of unpleasant manners. Then Alena Kostornaia, who had resumed training at the end of May with Team Tutberidze at Novogorsk (summer camp), who had not recovered her 3A and felt probably injured, decided all of a sudden on July 17th that she could not go on there, she phoned Rozanov to ask him if Plushenko had a place, then Plushenko to ask him if he would take her, and he agreed. She was three weeks without ice. She skated at Test Skates but only the short program (her long will be by Shae-Lynn Bourne and though it will be remote teaching, I have great hopes of something beautiful). Evguenia Medvedeva laboured a lot at these test skates, her remote coaching with Brian Orser and on-site with "Team TAT" didn't seem to work well. Yesterday, tadaaa, it was announced that she switched back to Team Tutberidze.

Ah, that makes my heart rest a bit easier. It's good to see him sit out the GP,  especially once seeing his ever so logical reasoning. 

Lord, judging is just getting more and more convoluted :14066882: I'm a bit worried to see how the GP will pan out to be honest... Best of wishes to everyone though, i hope it all goes smoothly and is executed as safely as it can be... I'm also sad to see there is no JGP since those are usually my favorite non-yuzu events during the season, but it's understandable and for the best. 

Ah, russian skating never disappoints when it comes to the drama. I'm kind of in shock though, when i stopped following after the season ended there were barely any signs that would lead one to believe so much of the Eteri team would be changed :0 I guess it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out... '-' 

Thank you for the quick and easy rundown!! :> 

On 9/17/2020 at 9:29 PM, FlyingCamel said:

Wow, he certainly seems fond of Yuzu hehe And I’ve been so caught up in Russian test skates and drama that I just realised we haven’t gotten our September white wall video...

The month is not over yet. So we can still hope for some crumbs. :smiley-angelic001:
 On Sunday Yuzu will receive his official graduation. Maybe there will be reports from the ceremony. 

14 hours ago, Pammi said:

Shoma called him "that terrifying presence"....and Yuzuru's NICE to him lol :consoling2:

When was that? In what interview or news segment? Not doubting you, but I wanna check it out. No need for links if it's too hard/long ago, but I'm curious.

11 hours ago, Melodie said:

Denis Ten.

There was a fuzz back then, albeit solved in peace and they were still friends before and after that incidence (Was it 2016?) I always believe Yuzu was at his lowest point when it happened, because it was a one time only thing, as far as I know. 

I didnt think they were on bad terms? I know Denis made some quips about the fans sniping at him over a brief issue on the ice once and made a...bit of a...stretched comparison over it, but I didnt think that translated to him/them being on iffy terms.

Not doubting you, just news to me 😅. Im out of the loop on some of this.