General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, monchan said:

So beautiful, so much understanding and feeling, though his costume could be better (but probably inaccessible then) and I wonder what a violin "thinks" of the damp and cold over a skating rink. I hope Yuzuru Hanyu can see this video.

EDIT : @rockstaryuzu I thought about the violin thing, one don't see well the instrument he's holding but I remember a Two Set Violin video where they had ordered a $30 "violin" on Amazon, and tested it. The fanyu on the video may have used one such, rather than his own dear instrument; in this case the risk is lower.

25 minutes ago, monchan said:

All the Chinese fanboys out here putting the rest of us to shame with their Yuzu love...first the planking kid and then this...:softYuzu:

About the performance itself...this kid's got good lines. Can't tell too much about the rest of his skating in this video. And I applaud his bravery doing the hydroblade with a violin in hand. One fall and the violin would be toast! 

All in all, bravo for this young man.

There must be at least a gala's worth of Yuzu tribute performances out there by now. It would make for a fun show to gather them all together, maybe.

On 9/15/2020 at 6:11 PM, Anni said:

I always enjoy reading the translations. It is really great how Kikuchi-Sun has always supported Yuzu. 💕

I am so enjoying Kikuchi san's book - Yuzu talking non stop to Kikuchi san about the Olympics, the Olympics, the Olympics as a youngster, Kikuchi telling him he was so noisy lol, Yuzu wanting Kikuchi san with him for important competitions (and sending his dad to ask!), Kikuchi san not minding people calling him a wizard and such because he really is a strange older man - all just lovely. Thanks for posting these translation links @Anni

Okay so i've been completely (or maybe not completely lol, yuzu's adorable face still lives in my mind rent free after all) ignoring figure skating and Yuzu updates since quarantine life began for me (so just before the world championships got cancelled basically) since real life kind of came crashing down all around me and i had to make sure i would still graduate school lol, so i have basically no idea about what's happening at all in the hell that is the figure skating world (it will not be fun to read up on the god forsaken ISU rule changes and unavoidable (russian) coaching drama that i'm sure have happened since). So anyways, today i had the strongest urge ever to just binge watch Yuzu performances, something i've had no desire to do for months for some odd reason (it's that quarantine depression yo), and down the rabbit hole i go once again. Aaahhhh, Yuzu how could i ever not want to watch your cute lil' butt skate around and around?? Truly baffling :tumblr_inline_np9uqhnLHU1qid2nw_75sq:

There's no point to this post other than to say i can't believe i almost fell completely out of the Yuzu loop, i'm so glad i got a grip and am back to my Yuzu loving ways again :dancingpooh:

Also i have only one question, and it's one that fills me with terror to even ask,, but the dude hasn't retired yet, right?? (Please say no) 

37 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Okay so i've been completely (or maybe not completely lol, yuzu's adorable face still lives in my mind rent free after all) ignoring figure skating and Yuzu updates since quarantine life began for me (so just before the world championships got cancelled basically) since real life kind of came crashing down all around me and i had to make sure i would still graduate school lol, so i have basically no idea about what's happening at all in the hell that is the figure skating world (it will not be fun to read up on the god forsaken ISU rule changes and unavoidable (russian) coaching drama that i'm sure have happened since). So anyways, today i had the strongest urge ever to just binge watch Yuzu performances, something i've had no desire to do for months for some odd reason (it's that quarantine depression yo), and down the rabbit hole i go once again. Aaahhhh, Yuzu how could i ever not want to watch your cute lil' butt skate around and around?? Truly baffling :tumblr_inline_np9uqhnLHU1qid2nw_75sq:

There's no point to this post other than to say i can't believe i almost fell completely out of the Yuzu loop, i'm so glad i got a grip and am back to my Yuzu loving ways again :dancingpooh:

Also i have only one question, and it's one that fills me with terror to even ask,, but the dude hasn't retired yet, right?? (Please say no) 

He's still practising for that 4A dream so no R word yet :cheer:

1 hour ago, tafattsbarn said:

The most important : basically he implied he is there until 2022 Olympics. I don't remember when and where though.

Changes of rules. There is a new "category" added between fully rotated and underrotated, q (for quarter underrotated, I suppose). I think there is a consensus on its likeliness to bring new unfair judging, favouring ones and underscoring others with ghost q calls. There was a project to equal base values between triple- and quad- Flips, Loops and Lutzes but they renounced to it. And there is a project of raising minimum Senior age to 17 but I don't know when it would start and I don't even know if it will be adopted.

Not a change of rules, but the GP season, due to CoViD, is reduced to 6 "regional" GP, the nearer of the skaters' residency or place of training, and the final would have 12 skaters for Men and Ladies (Junior Grand Prix is cancelled, as well as Challenger Series). 4CC is not officially cancelled, though Australian officials have hinted that travel ban may continue after December 31, its official term to this date (if I am not mistaken). Anyway GP will not count for World standings etc. Yuzuru Hanyu has announced he will not participate.

As to "Russian Drama", TeamTutberidze assistant coach Sergei Rozanov and skaters Alexandra Trusova and the Zhilina sisters have announced their switch to Angels of Plushenko (the latter's mother being recruited by Plushenko as a coach too), early in May with all sort of unpleasant manners on both sides. Then Alena Kostornaia, who had resumed training at the end of May with Team Tutberidze at Novogorsk (summer camp), who had not recovered her 3A and felt probably injured, decided all of a sudden on July 17th that she could not go on there, she phoned Rozanov to ask him if Plushenko had a place, then Plushenko to ask him if he would take her, and he agreed. She was three weeks without ice. She skated at Test Skates but only the short program (her long will be by Shae-Lynn Bourne and though it will be remote teaching, I have great hopes of something beautiful). Evguenia Medvedeva laboured a lot at these test skates, her remote coaching with Brian Orser and on-site with "Team TAT" didn't seem to work well. Yesterday, tadaaa, it was announced that she switched back to Team Tutberidze.

25 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

He really has an intense glare, I've never seen him in person but I imagine it must be intimidating if you were competing against him!

Shoma called him "that terrifying presence"....and Yuzuru's NICE to him lol :consoling2:

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

Shoma called him "that terrifying presence"....and Yuzuru's NICE to him lol :consoling2:

I think iirc Dmitri Aliev also said something about trying to avoid Yuzu’s eyes right?

13 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Is there anyone he is not nice with? (Nice includes mischievous, of course.)

Yeah I don’t think there’s anyone in the skating community that Yuzu is on bad terms with? Not that we know of, at least.