General Yuzuru Chat

On 9/10/2020 at 9:22 AM, barbara said:

Ghislain isn't all that old - and I'd go and be willing to quarantine, to see Yuzu, and I'm quite a bit older than he is.  As an embarrassed American, I totally understand keeping the Canadian border closed to us.  We have a toddler in the White House. But I think it's very unfortunate that citizens from those countries that do have good records with dealing with the virus (and that's nearly every country except us) are being blocked.  Hopefully, a testing strategy will be implemented for international travel soon.  And I don't know why, or if, Japan is blocking it's own citizens from leaving the country.

It is possible I misunderstood but I thought foreigners cannot travel to Japan right now...Did I get it wrong? can Ghislain travel to Japan if Yuzu decides to do the Nationals?

8 hours ago, zootown said:

It is possible I misunderstood but I thought foreigners cannot travel to Japan right now...Did I get it wrong? can Ghislain travel to Japan if Yuzu decides to do the Nationals?

Foreigners can enter Japan, depending on their home countries and reasons for entering.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, barbara said:

People grow yuzu trees in Tucson and can't give their extra fruit away.  I's read a posting on a neighborhood site about "pick your own" from several trees in someone's yard. And, like you, have never actually seen them in the market.  But I can understand that - they really can't be eaten straight.   Maybe drenched in honey. But they make a grapefruit seem like candy.

:offtopic2:

Spoiler

Oh wow, I never thought of growing your own yuzu tree and didn't think they were available for sale, but I googled and there are nurseries that can ship them to me when they're back in stock! :surprised_pikachu:  I live in citrus country, so I can totally grow them here. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  .... except I have a small yard and the homeowner association is really strict about what we can plant and yuzu trees are probably not on their "approved list" of plants. :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:  Otoh, it seems you can grow them in a container, but a BIG container, I guess. Lol.

On 9/12/2020 at 3:52 AM, snowy said:

Hi, don't ask question you might not like the answer :happydance:

I'm dropping this here just for more heat :devil3::devil3::devil3: The people that recognized me from from GS know that I love Yuzu but I hate most of his costumes. I would set fire to that swan costume any moment. The sakura costume can be dissolved in acid and so the blue one that had yellow drapes. Ok, now it's time for :slinkaway:

Confession time. I didn't really care for the Swanyu costume at first. Before I discovered Yuzu, I actually preferred the modern-looking, geometric-patterned Vera Wang type costumes and the other no frills/sparkles type costumes for the men. :smiley-scared003:  But I loved Notte Stellata and that costume just fits the program so well. Then later, I saw close-up pics of the costume and the details were so beautiful, and Yuzu always looked so beautiful in that costume.

The thing that sold me on the frills and sparkles was the time I saw the men standing by the sideboards, waiting to enter the ice for the 6 minute warmup. All the other guys were in plain, nondescript costumes in drab shades of black, gray, brown, tan. And there was Yuzu, sparkling away, and all the other guys just faded into the background. I thought, "Yuzu, you're right. Sparkles :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: is the way to go!" And I've never looked back since. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:

My favorite costume is Origin 2.0. That costume makes me think of Yuzu in a midnight fairy garden surrounded by bioluminescent flowers. Runner-up is Origin 1.0. He just has this aura of dominance and power in that costume.

The back of Otonal 1.0 with the criss-crossing sparkles is absolutely gorgeous when you see it live. :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:   Unfortunately, the front of the costume looks weird with it's short waist length. 

Of the Ballade costumes, I like Chopin 1.0 the most. I prefer the darker blues, and I love Etude too. Even Dory would look good if it was a darker blue and we cancel the yellow curtain, but I guess it wouldn't be Dory then.

For Seimei, I like PC Oly Seimei the most. I discovered Yuzu watching PC Olys, and that costume always brings to mind how happy he was after his free skate. Such good memories. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

P.S. Even though white LGC tends to blend in with the ice, I still like it quite a bit. He looks so sharp and crisp in that costume!

7 hours ago, zootown said:

can Ghislain travel to Japan if Yuzu decides to do the Nationals?

It depends on how the situation will be around December, but at the moment, it is impossible for a Canadian coach to come to Japan.

Reference:

Border enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) 

https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html

Explanation of "special exceptional circumstances"

http://www.moj.go.jp/content/001327576.pdf

My favorite costumes are Origin 1.0 and 2.0, SEIMEI 2017-2018 and 2020, Etude, R&J 1.0, White Legend, LGC white/purple, Haru yo Koi. I love Ballade no. 1 as a program and think all of the Ballade costumes suited it, but I am not sure if I would find them fascinating if they were worn by mannequins and displayed in a museum. But the first version looked ethereal in a darker arena when he debuted it in a show.

Yuzu's performances from some past DOIs aired in the TBS (terrestrial digital) version of DOI2020 last night:

Highlights of Mission Impossible II from DOI2008

Highlights of "Hello, I love you" from DOI2012, day 1. He said that he could not get over his shyness while throwing his T-shirt at the end, and promised to practice more to be able to throw it with style.