General Yuzuru Chat

I think Seimei is a great costume for the program, but my faves are Etude and Origin (both) - I really love when costume has tight sleeves, so we can see Yuzu's great hand movements (though I can make an exception for floaty Chopin - it's also great for that program).

P.S. Who am I kidding, UA is the best costume ever:D

P.P.S. And PPoS have special place in my heart forever:P

Black UA is the ultimate leveller - it’s the costume in which in practice he not only rehearses his own programmes but subverts those of other competitors on the fly.   

Beyond that, even after Origin 1 I still love PotO best and no one can sway me short of something wondrous whenever he next competes....

On 9/12/2020 at 7:13 AM, EternalSpin said:

But not all of them, so there is a costume you don't hate. Which one? :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Sorry for the very late reply, life is hectic.

Of course, not all of his costumes are acid-worthy :devil3: I like PW, Phantom2, the Faoi Phantom is also awesome, Olympic Seimei, Otonal 2 and Origin 1. Also, I like most of his shirt-type costumes without extra frills :yes:

43 minutes ago, snowy said:

Of course, not all of his costumes are acid-worthy :devil3: I like PW, Phantom2, the Faoi Phantom is also awesome, Olympic Seimei, Otonal 2 and Origin 1. Also, I like most of his shirt-type costumes without extra frills :yes:

Fair enough.

Origin 1 and Seimei are one of my favorites, but I surprisingly prefer the 4CC green one... still can't exactly explain why.

Can't wait to see his new costume. Some type of sixth sense tells me that it could be green too, and I'm not sure whether I like it o not :tumblr_inline_np9uqhnLHU1qid2nw_75sq:

33 minutes ago, EternalSpin said:

Fair enough.

Origin 1 and Seimei are one of my favorites, but I surprisingly prefer the 4CC green one... still can't exactly explain why.

Can't wait to see his new costume. Some type of sixth sense tells me that it could be green too, and I'm not sure whether I like it o not :tumblr_inline_np9uqhnLHU1qid2nw_75sq:

A beautiful dark emerald green, maybe with an undertone of teal, would look very nice with his skin tone. I wouldn't mind that.

On 9/12/2020 at 8:35 AM, LadyLou said:

And the brown part on his chest never really bothered me... until some of you said they resemble chest hairs:13877886: sometimes I hate you guys, I wanna unsee:tumblr_inline_n2pjd9Lx401qdlkyg:

Don't worry, there's nothing hirsute with Yuzu's chest (we have to look hard just to see a beard shadow).  There's this video of a gala some seasons ago where for a few fleeting seconds we see Yuzu without a shirt and we can see that his chest is as smooth as the ice on which he skates.

23 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Don't worry, there's nothing hirsute with Yuzu's chest (we have to look hard just to see a beard shadow).  There's this video of a gala some seasons ago where for a few fleeting seconds we see Yuzu without a shirt and we can see that his chest is as smooth as the ice on which he skates.

It may be natural, but he may shave too, for instance if it itches with costumes. Nikolay Tsiskaridze does, as most ballet dancers I suppose, except of course in The Bright Stream where his take is on the farcical side, given his morphology, and he lets see his chest hair.

Spoiler

4 時間前, EternalSpinさんが言いました:

Fair enough.

Olympic Seimei and Olympic Chopin are my absolute favourites, both program-wise and costume-wise. At first, I was a bit shocked when I saw 4CC version, but it has grown on me after I looked at more photos. I now love them almost as much as the Olympic version.

In Olympics, the blue in Chopin and purple in Seimei blended very well with the purple boards. He was like a royalty to me. While in 4CC, the green made both costumes look lighter. He looked more ethreal with the white boards and like a fairy or an Onmyoji:P from the spiritual world.

Ok, maybe I am looking through rosy-coloured glasses. The only costumes I can't really stand are the white with gold frills thing, and Aladdin Yuzu. :drama:

6 hours ago, snowy said:

Origin 1 makes Yuzu look like a god descended from Mt. Olympus...which I guess was the general idea...and it is hands-down the best costume for him. Origin 2 is more beautiful, but Origin 1 is the perfect balance of grace and power. 

Of all the Seimeis, I must say I like highlighter Seimei the best. there's a freshness to it with the green that really speaks to me. 

26 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Origin 1 makes Yuzu look like a god descended from Mt. Olympus...which I guess was the general idea...and it is hands-down the best costume for him. Origin 2 is more beautiful, but Origin 1 is the perfect balance of grace and power. 

Of all the Seimeis, I must say I like highlighter Seimei the best. there's a freshness to it with the green that really speaks to me. 

I liked your analogy, though I prefer a kami rising up from deep. "Descend" reminds me of his Chopin SP in SC 2015. I was there and he jumped his 3A right in front of us. It was huge and with that whitish costume he was like an angel descending :loveeyes:

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Exactly that!

And with the aura he had at Worlds...... gosh, he really looked like a god and a damn dangerous (in a positiv way) one at that.

He just looked really stunning in Origin 1.

3 hours ago, snowy said:

I liked your analogy, though I prefer a kami rising up from deep. "Descend" reminds me of his Chopin SP in SC 2015. I was there and he jumped his 3A right in front of us. It was huge and with that whitish costume he was like an angel descending :loveeyes:

I'm envious now:tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw:

so, you got to witness that famous SP of his:biggrin: but I'm sure that even with just that 3A it was well worth it

Ballade costumes: my fave is 1.0 at GPF14, 'cause the sheer sleeves!!!!:tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:  followed by 4CC with that green hue:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

Seimei 2.0 is THE superior Seimei costume and I WON'T hear otherwise LOL

though highligher Seimei was..an interesting take :67638860:

And as for Origin, I screamed more(like, MORE) for 2.0 (though I screamed a lot for 1.0 too) and I love 2.0 more on its own, the colour, the look, the details, everything truly. Plus, got to see it live: so, so sparkly!:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: And the way it has different hues on live vs on video feels like magic LOL

But Origin 1.0 truly made him look like some mythological phoenix rising from the ashes :fire:  Loved it, and it felt especially gorgeous in Saitama, when the phoenix imagery truly fit him (pretending nothing happened afterwards)

I'm still undecided about Otonal. Maybe I prefer 1.0, for the crisscross on the back (not much for the waist line) but the details in 2.0 are gorgeous too... even when it's about a single program costumes, I can't pick a fave:68468287: