General Yuzuru Chat

41 minutes ago, snowy said:

Hi everyone,

I came here after closing my account in "Golden Skate" under username "Farnaz". I am not a really super fan but it got to a point there that even having a Yuzu avatar would make you an automatic target. For a long time, I did not want to be part of Hanyu planet since I love FS itself regardless of the athletes. But, this long drought and stressful life demands the ray of hope that Yuzuru is.

Kore kara wa yoroshku onegai shimasu (Hope it was correct :wink2:)

:campfr:

Welcome here :8122685: Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Feel free to gush about Yuzu with us here or go to the "general skating" or "other skaters" parts of the forum to talk about anyone in the skating world. I hope you'll have a good time with us.

53 minutes ago, snowy said:

Hi everyone,

I came here after closing my account in "Golden Skate" under username "Farnaz". I am not a really super fan but it got to a point there that even having a Yuzu avatar would make you an automatic target. For a long time, I did not want to be part of Hanyu planet since I love FS itself regardless of the athletes. But, this long drought and stressful life demands the ray of hope that Yuzuru is.

Hiya, welcome, I hope you find you can love whoever you like here. And as long as you remain respectful and don’t do it all the time, you may even criticise Yuzu. :) 

1 hour ago, snowy said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome! And most of us here love most all kinds of figure skating, so have no fear and enjoy your stay!

1 hour ago, snowy said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome.  I think you’ll find entries relating to most other skaters in the threads relating to their countries, or if not in ‘Team we’re fewer but still good’, or if retired, ‘Hey remember us’.  I believe you’ll find us accommodating.

8 hours ago, Songster01 said:

I've even heard speculation that Canada is avoiding singling out the US to prevent Trump from having a tantrum and undermining the closure agreement. 

Seriously though, that would be the wisest course of action for us. From the start, the highest number of travel-related cases in Canada were found to be in people who had traveled here from the US, but for any Canadian government official to say so would be a massive tactical error right now. 

The reality is, even with the border supposedly closed, hundreds of people are still entering Canada every day under things like essential worker status, permanent residency, and student visas, and although they're legally required to quarantine, enforcement isn't stringent enough. If Yuzu has the right kind of visa (no idea whether he does or not), he could be here already, if he wanted. It's my opinion that he simply feels better being at home in Japan during these times, and who could blame him? He'll come back to TCC when the time is right, and not before, guys. 

Our real challenge right now, it seems, is making sure the COVID prevention message gets through the thick skulls of the 20-somethings. Of the current new infections, 65% and rising of them are in young people who flouted the quarantine rules because they didn't think it could happen to them.  :banginghead:

1 hour ago, snowy said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome!! I hope you enjoy your stay here! A lot of us used to be on multiple forums but came here and created a space for a similar reason as you. We don't have as many fan threads for other skaters but there's still a sizeable fan base for all different skaters here!

We'll have event threads for events, not just ones with Yuzu (for example, here's the one for Russian Test Skates this weekend!)

We have threads for talking about other skaters in the Igloo: https://planethanyu.com/forum/5-igloo-world-team-other-skaters/

And as others mentioned, you can chat about anything skating-related in the General Skating Chat :)

Welcome and hope you like it here!

P.S. Yes everyone starts off as a mushroom :mushroom8:, but you can change yours to anything you like in your profile :laughing:

4 hours ago, snowy said:

Hi everyone,

Hello, welcome here <3

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Damn, that boy has really bulked up. His muscular arms... :13877886:

what competition is this from? And wow his elbow joints are so flexible 😳

5 hours ago, snowy said:

Hi everyone,

I know what you mean, it's not the world's most Yuzu-friendly place and I have to step back sometimes.  Mind you, I think all the NA sites are insular that way - FSUniverse is way worse, absolutely toxic, and I gave up on it (even Twitter is less biased!)

This is a much warmer and better place with places for general skating too.

6 hours ago, snowy said:

Hey, why am I a mushroom? :rofl2: Does it refer to kiddy Yuzu's haircut? 

of course it is:biggrin:

you can pick your own personal rank, though the Yuzu-themed "official" rankings are so much fun too:665e343793b9: For example, I'm eagerly waiting to see what my next rank will be (15 posts to go!)

Ngl, sometimes things might get a bit gloomy/heated in the competition threads, but we strive not to jump at each others' throat, or at skaters' throats... though we kinda rant about ISU 24/7:10814716:

also, it's a Yuzu forum, so  the Yuzu gushing might slip here and there in the other threads LMAO but don't worry, there's plenty of satellites absolutely in love with other skaters too:pbow:  I migrated to this forum basically the moment it was created and I have never regretted it...and on this Planet I've "met" most of the other skaters I like and follow now.

I hope you 'll have as much fun here as I did(and do)!

8 hours ago, snowy said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome! I haven't been on Golden Skate, but it does sound antagonistic. Thankfully, this is a safe space. Hope you like it here!

8 hours ago, snowy said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome! This friendly Planet was created in direct response to the toxic anti-Yuzu environment of Golden Skate. Many thanks to the original administrators, moderators and others who created our community!

4 hours ago, snowy said:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I see that it will be so much fun :grouphug: (Sorry for not thanking everyone individually)

So now tell us everything about you: how you first saw Yuzu, what's your favorite jump of his, and whether you like him better with LGC hair ( all slicked back) or Chopin hair (softly framing his face). 

:gla: Inquiring minds want to know.

Disclaimer: you are in no way obligated to tell us these things. But share if you want to.