General Yuzuru Chat

On 9/9/2020 at 5:52 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

Spoken like a born post-doc. I mean, who knows how far he'll decide to take his education but if he's saying this kind of thing, I certainly can't picture him stopping at just one degree.

Yeah, I def think Yuzu would love to go for Ph.D. He's always been obsessed with research, analysis, theory, long-term legacy etc. in his sport. I think after r*tirement, he will take a Ph.D and do ice tours like Mao. Then he can coach.

I'm Hana ni nare. Thou I muchhhhh prefer Chopin:(

Hace 6 horas, LadyLou said:

are there plans for other streaming parties after the one this week? Because I propose to watch some Zuzu docs for a change, starting from all the Spirit of the Athletes (inlcuding the Boston one that always wreaks me:tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:), and all Kenji's room episodes:loveshower::lol:

Also, the interviews with Matsuoka or the funny pieces at NHK16 with Keiji and Ryuji and the FaOI15 with Nobu and Shoma (or actually every FAOI Kobe interview with Nobu, they are all so funny!). And if we want to truly hurt ourselves, we can watch the docs related to the Earthquake, and all the different H24TV:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

Just last weekend we had another one, but to answer your question yes, we are planning more and I love your idea!!! :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow: 
:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

12 hours ago, barbara said:

I just got his update https://www.ifsmagazine.com/2020-japan-open-nationals-update/  and it makes me wonder if, as Yuzu will likely not got to Nationals but would go to World's, maybe he will go back to TCC in a month or so, when it's safer to travel and he is allowed in to Canada.  I had been thinking he may want Ghislain to go to Japan, though the quarantine issue would be a problem for him going both ways, to help him with his 4A, but it would be far better for him to train a few months with the whole team (and the other skaters). Fingers crossed.

I can't see Canada's border opening soon or the quarantine rule ending, for several reasons. Numbers in several provinces are rising again here (ON, QU, BC, for example) and almost no one is expecting much from the US until it gets a better President in office.  Most Canadians support the border closures.  It's deeply unfortunate that we don't reward countries that consistently do well, though seeing even the best countries deal with subsequent surges and outbreaks, it may be that our government does not want to have to have to open and then close the borders for many countries as situations change.  Moreover, we already got 20-some passengers with positive tests landing in Canada in September alone, and that's with very little screening of passengers.  Much easier to continue to say "mostly nope to everyone" to keep things simple and drastically limit the amount of sick people coming here to fuel things further. 

I've even heard speculation that Canada is avoiding singling out the US to prevent Trump from having a tantrum and undermining the closure agreement.  If that is actually a central concern, then maybe we might see things open a bit more if Trump loses and leaves office, but that too would still take us into 2021. 

At any rate, don't be surprised if we keep the status quo here into 2021 (I've heard mid or even late 2021 as potential re-opening dates).  TCC may not see Yuzu or other non-North American skaters before spring or summer.  And, much as I'd love to see Yuzu and the others back here, I support our government keeping things shut, as it would be easy for outbreaks from travelers to cause serious problems here, unless certain things drastically change (most Canadians and many foreigners take a safe & effective vaccine/Trump is out of office and most US states crush the curve/screening etc at airports here is seriously ramped up). 

No idea about when Japan would change its quarantine rules etc.; maybe someone who lives there might know.  Regardless, I've no idea if Ghislain would feel comfortable traveling outside Canada, given his age (no idea if he or anyone in his family has any co-morbidities or immune problems that would make travel even riskier).  So if things eased on that end, I hope no one will blame TCC coaches if none of them go to Japan, even if they only faced one or no quarantine period.  Note: I'm definitely not thinking you would do so.

36 分, Songster01さんが言いました:

No idea about when Japan would change its quarantine rules etc.; maybe someone who lives there might know.  Regardless, I've no idea if Ghislain would feel comfortable traveling outside Canada, given his age (no idea if he or anyone in his family has any co-morbidities or immune problems that would make travel even riskier).  So if things eased on that end, I hope no one will blame TCC coaches if none of them go to Japan, even if they only faced one or no quarantine period.  Note: I'm definitely not thinking you would do so.

Actuaclly, I am curious about the situation of Rika, Satoko and Shoma. It seems that they are not in Japan and will go to non-NHK GP. They have foreign coaches as well, unless Rika goes back to Hamada. If Japan keeps the quarantine until nationals, they and the coaches will go into quarantine too. Coaches may have an even bigger problem as they have students from various countries. I really don't understand how the logistics of the whole thing will work.

12 hours ago, Fay said:

Does anyone know who’s he with here? 

It is a photo taken during The Ice 2012 in Nikko. I have no idea who the kid is, but he is probably a kid from Sendai. The Ice Nikko was a charity event, and the organizer invited kids from Sendai. (Source *See the part under the "- quick quotes from THE ICE in July")

4 hours ago, monchan said:

Yeah, I def think Yuzu would love to go for Ph.D. He's always been obsessed with research, analysis, theory, long-term legacy etc. in his sport. I think after r*tirement, he will take a Ph.D and do ice tours like Mao. Then he can coach.

I'm Haru Yo Koi. I do so love that song so I'm happy 😊 

15 hours ago, barbara said:

I just got his update https://www.ifsmagazine.com/2020-japan-open-nationals-update/  and it makes me wonder if, as Yuzu will likely not got to Nationals but would go to World's, maybe he will go back to TCC in a month or so, when it's safer to travel and he is allowed in to Canada.  I had been thinking he may want Ghislain to go to Japan, though the quarantine issue would be a problem for him going both ways, to help him with his 4A, but it would be far better for him to train a few months with the whole team (and the other skaters). Fingers crossed.

When he said he will miss Nationals? Did i miss any interviews?Latest i heard he will skip the gp

6 hours ago, monchan said:

Seimei:peekapooh:

5 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Just last weekend we had another one, but to answer your question yes, we are planning more and I love your idea!!! :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow: 
:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Awesome! Looking forward to more walks down memory lane, then! After all, we gotta water ourselves somehow, hydratation is important :biggrin:

2 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

When he said he will miss Nationals? Did i miss any interviews?Latest i heard he will skip the gp

nope, it's just speculations and what ifs (we're also doing image training for an even longer drought :laughing: As they say, hope for the best but prepare for the worst LOLsob)

But thus far Yuzu himself hasn't said nor hinted anything about Nats... or tbh any other domestic comp, or any other international comp aside GPs.  Not that I expect him to suddenly pop up at sectionals or such, but he's only ever talked about GP series.

While we can expect that some of the reasons why he's skipping GP can apply to Nationals, too, there are also some different factors at play, so his Pros vs Cons list will probably look different than for GPs

I hope that JSF will plan Nats in such a way to make Yuzu's Cons list as shorter as possible:smiley-angelic001:  and, of course, that he stays healthy:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Hi everyone,

I came here after closing my account in "Golden Skate" under username "Farnaz". I am not a really super fan but it got to a point there that even having a Yuzu avatar would make you an automatic target. For a long time, I did not want to be part of Hanyu planet since I love FS itself regardless of the athletes. But, this long drought and stressful life demands the ray of hope that Yuzuru is.

Kore kara wa yoroshku onegai shimasu (Hope it was correct :wink2:)

:campfr:

5 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

There is no direct quote from him saying anything about missing nationals -it's a supposition made by whoever wrote this article.  It wasn't Yuzu who said he'd miss GP - that was an announcement (white wall and JSF).  Aside from what we've all seen (white wall appearances), I don't think we've seen an actual quote or interview with Yuzu about the upcoming season.

7 hours ago, Songster01 said:

I can't see Canada's border opening soon or the quarantine rule ending, for several reasons. Numbers in several provinces are rising again here (ON, QU, BC, for example) and almost no one is expecting much from the US until it gets a better President in office.  Most Canadians support the border closures.  It's deeply unfortunate that we don't reward countries that consistently do well, though seeing even the best countries deal with subsequent surges and outbreaks, it may be that our government does not want to have to have to open and then close the borders for many countries as situations change.  Moreover, we already got 20-some passengers with positive tests landing in Canada in September alone, and that's with very little screening of passengers.  Much easier to continue to say "mostly nope to everyone" to keep things simple and drastically limit the amount of sick people coming here to fuel things further. 

I've even heard speculation that Canada is avoiding singling out the US to prevent Trump from having a tantrum and undermining the closure agreement.  If that is actually a central concern, then maybe we might see things open a bit more if Trump loses and leaves office, but that too would still take us into 2021. 

At any rate, don't be surprised if we keep the status quo here into 2021 (I've heard mid or even late 2021 as potential re-opening dates).  TCC may not see Yuzu or other non-North American skaters before spring or summer.  And, much as I'd love to see Yuzu and the others back here, I support our government keeping things shut, as it would be easy for outbreaks from travelers to cause serious problems here, unless certain things drastically change (most Canadians and many foreigners take a safe & effective vaccine/Trump is out of office and most US states crush the curve/screening etc at airports here is seriously ramped up). 

Ghislain isn't all that old - and I'd go and be willing to quarantine, to see Yuzu, and I'm quite a bit older than he is.  As an embarrassed American, I totally understand keeping the Canadian border closed to us.  We have a toddler in the White House. But I think it's very unfortunate that citizens from those countries that do have good records with dealing with the virus (and that's nearly every country except us) are being blocked.  Hopefully, a testing strategy will be implemented for international travel soon.  And I don't know why, or if, Japan is blocking it's own citizens from leaving the country.

41 minutes ago, snowy said:

Hi everyone,

I came here after closing my account in "Golden Skate" under username "Farnaz". I am not a really super fan but it got to a point there that even having a Yuzu avatar would make you an automatic target. For a long time, I did not want to be part of Hanyu planet since I love FS itself regardless of the athletes. But, this long drought and stressful life demands the ray of hope that Yuzuru is.

Kore kara wa yoroshku onegai shimasu (Hope it was correct :wink2:)

:campfr:

Hello.  I love all FS too.  Why didn't you want to be part of PH?   I've been a member for ages and this bunch are really nice and ever so friendly. 

Ps. You can have as many avatars of Yuzu as you want here 🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Songster01 said:

IATA website (https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php) mentioned that Canada plans to close the border until the end of this month but will open for US tourists from September 22. I heard that the US is doing better so maybe this factors in? Still, I know that these can be changed/extended until who knows when. 

As for Ghislain, given his age and his wife's health issues, I don't think he would travel anytime soon. 

For Japan, I know from my friends who managed to return home that quarantine is recommended, not compulsory, so the perk may be that.