General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

I sort of remember a professional writer on twitter who is a fan saying that she would never base a character or story on him, because who would believe in a fictional character like Yuzuru?  :peekapooh:

Perhaps you're thinking of @courtneymilan

The whole thread is interesting:

15 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That's definitely a thing. I distinctly remember thinking 'OMG, he's real! He's really real!" when I first laid eyes on him. 

This was me too. It was a pretty surreal feeling. I felt very lucky to have been able to have everything come together so that I could get to see the GPF 19. Skaters' careers are short, the world is big. The season doesn't line up with the school calendar at all and I live in the worst place in the world if you want to travel easily to events. Plus, it can be hard to get tickets to see him. It did really feel like lots of things lined up for me. I remember seeing him and thinking about how it finally all came together and I wasn't going to miss out on the chance to see him compete. So it was like I was stunned to see him in person because one, it's Yuzuru Hanyu in the flesh and two, so many things had to work out for me to be able to be there. I was also stoked to get to see Nathan, P/C, Sui/Han, and all the ladies. It was like a multi-day out-of-body experience. 

I just got his update https://www.ifsmagazine.com/2020-japan-open-nationals-update/  and it makes me wonder if, as Yuzu will likely not got to Nationals but would go to World's, maybe he will go back to TCC in a month or so, when it's safer to travel and he is allowed in to Canada.  I had been thinking he may want Ghislain to go to Japan, though the quarantine issue would be a problem for him going both ways, to help him with his 4A, but it would be far better for him to train a few months with the whole team (and the other skaters). Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, barbara said:

I just got his update https://www.ifsmagazine.com/2020-japan-open-nationals-update/  and it makes me wonder if, as Yuzu will likely not got to Nationals but would go to World's, maybe he will go back to TCC in a month or so, when it's safer to travel and he is allowed in to Canada.  I had been thinking he may want Ghislain to go to Japan, though the quarantine issue would be a problem for him going both ways, to help him with his 4A, but it would be far better for him to train a few months with the whole team (and the other skaters). Fingers crossed.

I really wonder if he really means to skip Nationals.

And when he will be allowed in Canada.

Thank you so much @SuzyQ for linking the fanvid and translating the song <3:thanks: Lovely and meaningful <3

and thank you @sweetwater for all those translations and links:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

the quotes are already beautiful as they are, in the context and with Zuzu saying them even more touching

poor Yuzu after NHK14:smiley-sad021: it must have been so very tough, one thing happened after the other...I'm glad he had the joy of GPF after all those trials... (thought it wasn't the end of it. Season 2014-15 kind of makes me super glad that, when I started following him, I already knew how that part of his ordeals had ended for him:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg:)

....(but did Yuzuru jinx the whole men free event in Sochi, saying that he expected all skaters to perform well?):10814716:

are there plans for other streaming parties after the one this week? Because I propose to watch some Zuzu docs for a change, starting from all the Spirit of the Athletes (inlcuding the Boston one that always wreaks me:tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:), and all Kenji's room episodes:loveshower::lol:

Also, the interviews with Matsuoka or the funny pieces at NHK16 with Keiji and Ryuji and the FaOI15 with Nobu and Shoma (or actually every FAOI Kobe interview with Nobu, they are all so funny!). And if we want to truly hurt ourselves, we can watch the docs related to the Earthquake, and all the different H24TV:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

6 hours ago, barbara said:

I doubt IFS has any first-hand knowledge of Yuzu's plans or even of the JSF plans, so IMO they added that "he may also miss" just to paint an hypothetic situation when different selection criteria might apply.

the criteria for WC spots selection are about the same as always - 1st spot to Nats winner, 2nd to be chosen between silver/bronze medallist or based on other criteria like GP results, WS, PB... and then the 3rd spot is again for same criteria as 2nd spot and additionally kind of JSF safety net if some skater with notable results in past comps is forced to skip Nats (or they have a very bad day at Nats)

It's way too early to say what Yuzu might do.

Personally, I think he actually values Nats a great deal (or at least, more than the weird maybe-domestic-kinda-GP series we're going to have) and he would loath to be nominated for WC without "earning it" at Nats.

IMO he'll wait to see how things unfold (covid trends within Japan, how NHK will be handled..) and how Nats will be organized (eg. safety measures, with/without audience). Also, I'm NOT sure that  skipping Nats while in Japan, healthy and perfectly able to travel to location without much issues, "only" over covid concerns (but without e.g. government limiting travel between prefectures),   would be considered force majeure (and thus allow a skater to be in the pool for the 3rd spot)

Though it is reassuring that potentially he might still go to WC even if got injured or sick by Nats again (yeah, I'm pessimistic like that):tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

I do hope he'll get some live training at TCC though