General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

it was a long time ago :mushroom7:

:tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:  LOL the action shot of his hair in the first pic, mushroom was intense even back then:mushroom4:

I cannot believe he debuted in Italy of all places and I wasted years without knowing what I was missing:gaah: And then, of the times he was scheduled to compete in Italy, once he was injured and skipped entirely and the other... well.... :madwife:  though, if I pretend that scoring never happenend it wasn't bad at all:tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp: And we got an iconic Pooh rain to be remebered for years, especially now that throwing gift isn't going to be allowed for a while...  aaaand it's just occurred to me that GPF19 and 4CC20 might be the only skating by 25yoZu that we'll ever have

:Poohgaveup:

8 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Apparently they removed Yuzuru's name from the Waseda document. Schroedinger's graduation is back :13877886::13877886::13877886:

At this point, I would assume that it is because the ceremony hasn't happened yet. No way Waseda got it wrong twice in a few months...

:rofl3:

Yuzu, somewhere, to both us and whoever manages the Waseda page: :smiley-taunt014:

I wanted to wait till Sept20th for my official congrats anyway,  when it will be....officially official :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: it's in only two weeks! :woop:

58 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Apparently they removed Yuzuru's name from the Waseda document. Schroedinger's graduation is back :13877886::13877886::13877886:

At this point, I would assume that it is because the ceremony hasn't happened yet. No way Waseda got it wrong twice in a few months...

Oh well...at least it's a short wait until we know for sure. Not like 4CC gold, we shouldn't have to have 3 near misses (silver)...:68468287: or should we??:13877886:

A girl skated to Seimei at Moscow junior competition this week. I didn't see it myself, but I saw reports of it. 

There she is. Elizaveta Medvedeva. It's actually a horrible mixture of music. Makes me want to wash my ears afterwards. But there's certainly bits of Seimei in it. 

9 hours ago, Fay said:

They are several Gypsy tunes pretty well known in Russia, but I would be hard put to it finding the exact recording you want. 

9 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I have searched for it but still no idea, so

Hide contents

after Music With Wings aired, I ripped off all the audio from the MwW footage and cut all the pieces :smiley-ashamed005: including From Russia with Love

9 hours ago, Fay said:

Look for Tsiganochka, Vengerka and Russian Gypsy tunes. The whole affair has Gypsy flair to it. 

Thank you all so much!

Dmitri Solovyev, Ekaterinburg Bobrova’s ex-partner, said the following answering a question about recycling: 

https://russian.rt.com/sport/article/780479-solovyov-figurnoe-katanie-buzova

Spoiler

— Француз Филипп Канделоро несколько лет подряд эксплуатировал на льду тему «Крёстного отца». Двукратный олимпийский чемпион Юдзуру Ханю на протяжении четырёх сезонов катал в короткой программе один и тот же концерт Шопена, а в произвольной уже трижды возвращался к постановке «Сеймей».

— Юдзуру я вообще не стал бы ни с кем сравнивать. Его чувство движения захватывает до такой степени, что лично я готов смотреть бесконечно, что бы он ни катал. Этим, собственно, он и отличается от тех, кто просто выходит на лёд выполнять работу: здесь — рука, здесь — голова.

Q: Philippe Candeloro used the theme of Godfather several years in a row. The two time Olympic Champion Yuzuru Hanyu skated the same concert (sic!) by Chopin for four seasons and he recycled Seimei three times. 
A: I wouldn’t compare Yuzuru with anyone. His sense of movements carries one away so much that I myself am ready to watch him forever whatever he skates. That’s what singles him out and makes him different from those who get out on the ice just to do a job: your arm is here, your head is there... 

11 hours ago, Fay said:

Dmitri Solovyev, Ekaterinburg Bobrova’s ex-partner, said the following answering a question about recycling: 

https://russian.rt.com/sport/article/780479-solovyov-figurnoe-katanie-buzova

Hide contents

— Француз Филипп Канделоро несколько лет подряд эксплуатировал на льду тему «Крёстного отца». Двукратный олимпийский чемпион Юдзуру Ханю на протяжении четырёх сезонов катал в короткой программе один и тот же концерт Шопена, а в произвольной уже трижды возвращался к постановке «Сеймей».

— Юдзуру я вообще не стал бы ни с кем сравнивать. Его чувство движения захватывает до такой степени, что лично я готов смотреть бесконечно, что бы он ни катал. Этим, собственно, он и отличается от тех, кто просто выходит на лёд выполнять работу: здесь — рука, здесь — голова.

Q: Philippe Candeloro used the theme of Godfather several years in a row. The two time Olympic Champion Yuzuru Hanyu skated the same concert (sic!) by Chopin for four seasons and he recycled Seimei three times. 
A: I wouldn’t compare Yuzuru with anyone. His sense of movements carries one away so much that I myself am ready to watch him forever whatever he skates. That’s what singles him out and makes him different from those who get out on the ice just to do a job: your arm is here, your head is there... 

A man after my own heart, this Solovyev. It's always fun to hear that other skaters see Yuzu the same way we satellites do! 

I took this weekend to expand the draft of Yuzu's page on Wikiquote, mostly with English comments about him. I shared it in the discussion thread already, but it tends to get lost quickly between all the new posts, so I put it here in the general chat, too (I hope, that's okay?)

I would be very grateful, if someone took a quick look at the choice of quotes, if they are appropriate/worth to be included or not :thanks:

(Maybe it's best to reply in the discussion thread, so that the general chat doesn't get flooded with this topic.)

Here is the extended draft (just click on it to enlarge it):

Spoiler

U5O7KIO.png

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Woah, I’ve never seen this! Is this some new footage of the old stuff? 

From what I see, it must be from the OP before the FS of WC Helsinki 2017, which was held in the practice rink, the one ``carved`` beneath the main one. Oh gosh, some blessed good memories!...