General Yuzuru Chat

Did I ever think to live to the day when Yuzu would become the epitome of caution as far as his health is concerned? We’ve come a long way since 2014... but well done, Yuzu! I will miss you but I won’t be watching those competitions with a fear gnawing at me. 

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

👀👀👀

gosh I'd be so disappointed if she knows about the quad axel but she doesn't like the Yuzu skating:peekapooh:

trying to keep enthusiasm in check, it's possible they've heard about 4A in passing when american media celebrated the first ladies 3A(by american woman) or the quad king who has all the quads(but not the quad axel)

though I reckon that, to know such an info with accuracy, one has to be at least mildly interested in the subject (and in that case I hope she is a fanyu, I need her to have good taste)

An aside, wow, unexpectedly P*il did a good job in his tweets (certainly better than Oly channel).

Coupled with his tweeting about Yuzu's thesis, I'm almost willing to bestowe a benevolent smile upon him:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

gosh I'd be so disappointed if she knows about the quad axel but she doesn't like the Yuzu skating:peekapooh:

trying to keep enthusiasm in check, it's possible they've heard about 4A in passing when american media celebrated the first ladies 3A(by american woman) or the quad king who has all the quads(but not the quad axel)

though I reckon that, to know such an info with accuracy, one has to be at least mildly interested in the subject (and in that case I hope she is a fanyu, I need her to have good taste)

When you don't know what a "quadruple axel" is and you Google it, a little paragraph comes up at the top that helpfully says "no figure skater to date has landed the quadruple Axel in competition." :embSwan: 

I'm so proud of Yuzuru decision of withdrawing from gp series.As a frontliner fighting covid in my country i'm so thankful that there are still people taking this thing seriously.Besides i don't think the gp series will go as plan.just cancel it already isu.just focus on domestic event and next year world.And if the gp series will continue as plan i hope more elite skaters withdraw from it..there is no benefit of joining as this is not like the usual gp.no world standing point will be given and so on....so why risk the health of yourself and others

Today Canada announced that the travel ban was extended to Sept 30, so being allowed back into the country would still be an issue for Yuzu, even if he wanted to get back in the near future. His decision not only does what everyone has already said it does, but it also takes off any worries/pressure he may put on himself to return to Toronto for training. Now there is no rush for him to go anywhere, for any reason. It has been years since he spent so much time at home, and "down time" at that... no rushing around for tours and sponsors etc.. I imagine his body is definitely enjoying the rest ... I have no doubt that Yuzu is working very hard, but that is totally different from preparing for competitions and travel etc.. This could be very good for those ankles... 

7 hours ago, EternalSpin said:

So true. The only FS competition I've ever watched live was 2020 4CC via an online stream.

I guess, becoming a fan in late December wasn't such a good idea, I should have done that years ago :bash:

And I'll be working or sleeping (cause otherwise I won't be able to get up and go to work the next day) during all the streaming parties

Guess I'll die :0004:

There might be some missed opportunities but it’s never too late to be a Yuzu’s fan :winky:

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Did I ever think to live to the day when Yuzu would become the epitome of caution as far as his health is concerned? We’ve come a long way since 2014... but well done, Yuzu! I will miss you but I won’t be watching those competitions with a fear gnawing at me. 

Part of me does still suspect that were it only his own health, he'd still be thinking about going...

6 hours ago, liv said:

Today Canada announced that the travel ban was extended to Sept 30, so being allowed back into the country would still be an issue for Yuzu, even if he wanted to get back in the near future. His decision not only does what everyone has already said it does, but it also takes off any worries/pressure he may put on himself to return to Toronto for training. Now there is no rush for him to go anywhere, for any reason. It has been years since he spent so much time at home, and "down time" at that... no rushing around for tours and sponsors etc.. I imagine his body is definitely enjoying the rest ... I have no doubt that Yuzu is working very hard, but that is totally different from preparing for competitions and travel etc.. This could be very good for those ankles... 

I wasn't expecting such a long extension on the travel ban. That's basically bad news for a good-sized portion of the TCC crew. 

On the other hand, I agree with you that this extended time at home in Japan could turn out to be really good for Yuzu.  I hope he's able to make the most of it. 

This is only my own personal opinion so take it what it's worth but I feel like it might be a good opportunity for Yuzu if at this time he could try his hand at teaching some kids skating. If he's interested in coaching in the future, now would be a chance for him to start working towards that, since he's at home anyways. That is, assuming he could do it safely in a socially distanced way.

Ngl, I'm definitely relieved that Yuzu has decided to skip the GP. 

He loves to compete, so I'm sure it will not be easy for him to watch others competing while he sits this one out. However, he's looking at the big picture, and he's doing what he feels is right for himself, as well as for many others.

Of course I will miss his skating terribly. I hope he will toss us some crumbs every now and then. How about modeling those new costumes in front of that white wall? There's a nice little corner where you can show us some of your new choreo too. :nod2:

4 hours ago, TallyT said:

Part of me does still suspect that were it only his own health, he'd still be thinking about going...

Maybe. 

I can't help but think that if he were in Canada right now, he'd probably go to SCI (if it gets held - still no announcement on that), just because otherwise it would seem like a waste. 

Meh. I'm starting to think the fall season will be a bust altogether. Russia's the only place that's proceeding with serious competition at the moment

I read the news late last night after getting 70-80 percent zombified by the heat and busyness, so I don't have much to add to everyone's comment, but I fully support his decision. As much as I miss him, I want him to stay safe. To take part in this modified GPS just for the sake of maintaining one's intuition for competing while the situation won't allow them to do their best doesn't feel worth risking lives.

By this decision, I think he tried to protect not only his team and his fans, but also the host city, local communities the participants come back to, and the skating community in a way he can. Hope ISU and JSF take this seriously and do what is best in the long run...

As to our survival, I don't worry too much. We have so many Yuzu contents to revisit, and hopefully, he will water us from time to time, from in front of the white wall, or something else...