General Yuzuru Chat

39 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

:offtopic2:but...

help me compile pictures of yuzuru's costumes!! show costumes, EX costumes, and more welcome!

(feel free to directly edit the page)

Off-off-topic then, I have read everywhere assumed that he still wore his "baby" costumes in shows and exhibitions, but I have always wondered if he had not instead, a grown-up version of his early costumes, given how much muscle he has now.

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

:offtopic2:but...

help me compile pictures of yuzuru's costumes!! show costumes, EX costumes, and more welcome!

(feel free to directly edit the page)

Can we add pictures to programs that already have photos? I think I've seen some really amazing photos of Origin 2.0 before, so I was wondering if i could share them! Thanks!  :loveshower:

8 hours ago, Pammi said:

As we have said before on here, Yuzuru has excellent timing and an amazing strategic brain - he is also a trailblazer - courageous, thorough, thoughtful - a leader in his sport on so many levels. Really, governing body should be making these types of statements re health of athletes, coaches, audiences, spreading of infection, long term health risks associated with contracting Covid... (maybe they will now??)

Wonder if/how this news will affect Worlds (all event) tickets cost and sales....

Nah, I$U will keep the World ticket prices up in the hope that by then::angry_party:

the virus may be under control/vaccine available +/or that the pent up desire to see Yuzu live

will anaesthetize fans to the eyepopping prices!!!:curse:

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

Off-off-topic then, I have read everywhere assumed that he still wore his "baby" costumes in shows and exhibitions, but I have always wondered if he had not instead, a grown-up version of his early costumes, given how much muscle he has now.

FS costumes are all stretchy and he didn't have any major growth spurt after moving to seniors. I think he only grew a few cm since the age of 14 or so, which was very lucky for his stability. So his costumes still fit because they just have to stretch sideways. His pants are fine too because they've always had extra fabric at the bottom, so that they cover his boots perfectly no matter what movement he's doing. The only real problem is that his sleeves are a little too short now.....I noticed the 'stripes' on the R&J 2.0 costume sat at slightly different spots compared to his elbows in 2018 than they did in 2012 :D 

7 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Is it today that the ISU was going to release a decision about the GP? 

I'm sure they were meeting about it today, but whether we will hear an outcome today I am unsure.....

4 hours ago, kiches said:

Sadly no, so far the only announcement is that the GP will go on but be a bit different in terms of points, only participating in one event, etc. The ISU hasn't released any actual guidance on how to organize the events, and I think the local organizers haven't released any information either because they're waiting to see what the ISU will say (plus their local government may change guidelines and policy). The ISU is supposed to be meeting today to discuss the GP in more detail, but with the first GP less than 2 months out they are really cutting it close.

Ah okay, thanks for the information.:thanks:

No idea why I thought what I thought.....maybe I dreamed about it, who knows :think:..........or I'm the next Nostradamus:drama::wink2:

5 часов назад, LadyLou сказал:

ISU and feds, as "leaders" and as supposedly knowledgeable (and, even if not, at least with the sources to to get in touch with experts) can get the most accurate picture when it comes to real health risks and logistics. They are in the position to consider all the variables and make a sound evaluation, while the single skater (especially since many are very young and not always as aware of everything in the outside world) has a much more limited perspective, and can only control their own behaviour.

I think my standard for "leaders" is very low...

I guess the options were only to make GPs local or cancel, they went with local but with no points, so if skater isn't participating he doesn't loose anything. And on the other hand there're local Feds. I am not sure how much ISU have a say in the format of local comps, considering rules are different everywhere.