General Yuzuru Chat

Can't believe the most powerful man in Japan announced he was stepping away for health reasons.....AND THEN Shinzo Abe announced his resignation on the same day :surprised_pikachu:

In all seriousness, I am very proud of Yuzu and the decision he's made. What a leader he's grown up to be. As always, the sport is lucky to have him.

Even though I am very sad about not seeing his skating soon, I am relieved to know that he will be safe. As always, his statement is so comprehensive that it includes all the main concerns. It really shows how mature and wise he is. Nothing but respect for him. :loveshower:

40 минут назад, Veveco сказал:

How does this impact the qualifications for nationals?

Doesn't impact. Top-3 from last season can take part at Nats without any qualification comps.

Sad news, but I fully support what Yuzu thinks is best.

He made the best decision for himself. As much as I wanted to see him skate, I would rather have him safe and healthy. His statement was very thoughtful and shows that he thought about things carefully from all aspects. This couldn't have been an easy decision, but it was a necessary one.

I don't think he is throwing shade or anything, that's not like Yuzu. He is most likely acting as the senior and the most respected skater currently and setting an example so that other skaters don't feel pressured into competing and can make the decision to withdrew as well if they wanted to.

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

Can't believe the most powerful man in Japan announced he was stepping away for health reasons.....AND THEN Shinzo Abe announced his resignation on the same day :surprised_pikachu:

:LOL: Brilliant! Thank you for the LOL! I needed that.

I too think that Yuzu made a good and responsible decision to protect himself, his team and his fans. It really is the best thing to do under these circumstances.

I've already jocked about this before, but it's looking more and more obvious who the true leader of the figure skating community is. The ISU is coming across as more and more incompetent with their hesitation and inability to come up with a clear plan for the coming season.

I'm already missing Yuzu so much and the coming months will be tough, but the most important thing is his and other people's health and wellbeing. I hope he'll give us a glimpse of himself in front of his famous white wall once in a while and lets us know that he's happy and healthy. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

22 минуты назад, Yuzurella сказал:

The ISU is coming across as more and more incompetent with their hesitation and inability to come up with a clear plan for the coming season.

To be honest, I don't think anybody can come up with 100% clear plan in current situation.

As much as I respect Yuzu's decision, I also respect those who'll still decide to compete. And even if some will miss GPs, a lot of skaters can't afford to miss local comps.

One thing to remember is that many of the skaters cannot afford to miss a chance at a medal and the money attached, or - for the Russian ladies especially - anything that might lose them the slightest edge in the federation's eyes. Yuzuru has earned the right to put himself, his team and his fans ahead of other considerations, even ahead of what the JSF may want (and since his statement came through them, even if they didn't like it it appears they accept it), and he doesn't need the money or the medals.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alina ends up bowing out too, especially if the warmer weather starts the covid figures rising again. She doesn't need to take the risk, any more than he does.

3 hours ago, EternalSpin said:

Well, that's news I wasn't expecting today, but I think he's doing the right thing. Also, when you look at it, he's giving up one competition that doesn't count for world standing points, and potentially the GPF, which we're not even sure will be held. It won't affect his standing in the rankings or him qualifying for World's etc. 

Even so,  it must have been a very painful decision for him to make. This is the first fall in a decade where he's not competing. 

16 минут назад, TallyT сказал:

One thing to remember is that many of the skaters cannot afford to miss a chance at a medal and the money attached, or - for the Russian ladies especially - anything that might lose them the slightest edge in the federation's eyes

That too, but I mostly was talking about that in Japan top-3 from Nats can skip local comps if they want to compete at Nats, others can't, in Russia (as of now at least), nobody can skip local comps if they want go to Nats. No Nats = skipping whole season for sure and big chance of ending a career, especially if you don't have big enough name.

At least I can be happy about the fact that Yuzu can afford to do what he thinks is best, he sacrificed enough for the sport already.