General Yuzuru Chat

The gist of the interview:
They interviewed Yuzu on August 13th. 
As said in the promo clip, he has been wearing masks as much as possible and disinfecting things as much as possible. In figure skating, skaters cannot avoid touching their boots to take care of them before and after their practice, but the boots touch the floor that is supposed to be infected by the virus. He also has the routine to touch the skate guards with his forehead. He says that he thought he had to be extra careful about such things. 
While shows and competitions got canceled and he could not train, he focused on studying, and as you've already known, he finished writing his graduation thesis about how motion capture technology can contribute to figure skating, exploring the possibilities of using it to improve skaters' technique of jumping or using it in AI-supported judging.
As to COVID and supporting health care professional, he thinks to try not to get and spread the virus is the best support for them, and he says that he is thinking that we can move forward to the future after recovery by avoiding actions that would possibly spread the infection.
He says he is waiting for the day he can skate freely in front of everyone without the slightest anxieties and worries (both in his and spectators' minds I guess) and people can freely voice their reactions, freely laugh and cry.

1 minute ago, sweetwater said:

The gist of the interview:
They interviewed Yuzu on August 13th. 
As said in the promo clip, he has been wearing masks as much as possible and disinfecting things as much as possible. In figure skating, skaters cannot avoid touching their boots to take care of them before and after their practice, but the boots touch the floor that is supposed to be infected by the virus. He also has the routine to touch the skate guards with his forehead. He says that he thought he had to be extra careful about such things. 
While shows and competitions got canceled and he could not train, he focused on studying, and as you've already known, he finished writing his graduation thesis about how motion capture technology can contribute to figure skating, exploring the possibilities of using it to improve skaters' technique of jumping or using it in AI-supported judging.
As to COVID and supporting health care professional, he thinks to try not to get and spread the virus is the best support for them, and he says that he is thinking that we can move forward to the future after recovery by avoiding actions that would possibly spread the infection.
He says he is waiting for the day he can skate freely in front of everyone without the slightest anxieties and worries (both in his and spectators' minds I guess) and people can freely voice their reactions, freely laugh and cry.

Thank you! As always he is thinking of others...

25 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

he finished writing his graduation thesis about how motion capture technology can contribute to figure skating, exploring the possibilities of using it to improve skaters' technique of jumping or using it in AI-supported judging.

his mind :surprised_pikachu::surprised_pikachu::surprised_pikachu:

lol is it an undergrad or masters thesis? lol do undergrads need to write theses nowadays??!

that just it extra obvious how he must be hypter aware of all the faults in the judging system and how biased/backwards it is. what's most surprising to me is how he handles it with so much grace when he's the one most affected by it. i know we hardly have a tenth of that grace when we see the injustice (for good reason...IMO), and we're not even the ones skating.

I hope in the future he will continue to do related research! This topic seems really helpful for figure skating the sports.

The example in the research is his own axels so I bet many skaters and coaches would love to study it. :gla: (And would love more example like other quads jump?!) 

Also, I mean ISU really should have gotten better with the scoring of technical elements. Lol :peekapooh:

😂 I feel like he’s calling them out 🤣

OMG congratulations Yuzu! So proud of him. And what a useful thesis that will help his favorite sport to improve in future. 

Hopefully by the time his graduation ceremony is held, the covid situation is better and he can attend the ceremony. No robot in attendance please...