General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

Brian probably setting his alarm for the wee hours of Sunday morning Toronto time to monitor Twitter in case Yuzu mentions anything about how his training is going. 

:knc_brian3:  :laughing:

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

This is quite likely! XDD And keeping his ears peeled for “yonkaiten axel”

:hihi::headdesk2:

never mind Brian. I'm steeling myself to hear 'well I've landed it (4A) but kuyashii desu it's not perfect yet...'

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

Hmmm...?

Having had a discussion with people who speak Japanese on Twitter about it just now, it seems to be a slight misunderstanding. The Japanese article mentions the NBC article where Brian says something along the lines that he would prefer/recommend for him to do SCI if he was able to come back to Canada. And the same NBC article also states that NHK remains a possibility. So the new article isn't wrong but a bit misleading perhaps. Basically, nothing new. Let's wait and see.

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

IIRC, he was asked the same question in several interviews and always answered that he would be a cat. These are the sources I can find now.

-During an interview by ISU, after GPF2014, aired by Fuji in Mezamashi 

Rough Translation (from 01:50 mark)
Q: If you could become an animal, what would you be?
A: A cat. Because they live very carefreely, and I feel that I am the type who lives that way as well. So... I am more like living like them than wanting to be like them.

Off-topic but this is what ISU shared later.

-After ACI2018

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2018/09/bb43f662df88-figure-skating-hanyu-reflects-on-bumpy-start-to-2018-2019-season.html

Thank you @sweetwater! Exactly the clips I was thinking of but couldn’t find.