General Yuzuru Chat

A bit of hope for all of you regarding Yuzu making it back to Toronto.  I think there is a way.  Right now the EU is open to travelers from Japan.  The way clear.  At the same time Canada is open to travelers from the EU.  The way clear there.  There's a bit of subterfuge in the arrangement, but particularly if Yuzu and mother self-quarantine in Europe he should then be able to make it to Toronto.  I think particularly because of his prominence and the necessity of getting to his training quarters he might just be able to pull it off.  We'll have to wait and see.

1 час назад, lynnidolz сказал:

I read somewhere on twitter that Yuzuru name is not listed for that 24 hour charity tv show.Don't know is it true or not

Usually they already had ad with Yuzu by this time, so I already don't have much hope

2 минуты назад, micaelis сказал:

There's a bit of subterfuge in the arrangement, but particularly if Yuzu and mother self-quarantine in Europe he should then be able to make it to Toronto.

Not much sense to waste a month or even 1,5 month for quarantine going from Japan and back.

25 minutes ago, micaelis said:

A bit of hope for all of you regarding Yuzu making it back to Toronto.  I think there is a way.  Right now the EU is open to travelers from Japan.  The way clear.  At the same time Canada is open to travelers from the EU.  The way clear there.  There's a bit of subterfuge in the arrangement, but particularly if Yuzu and mother self-quarantine in Europe he should then be able to make it to Toronto.  I think particularly because of his prominence and the necessity of getting to his training quarters he might just be able to pull it off.  We'll have to wait and see.

Canada is not open to any travelers right now, not even from EU (unless you're a citizen or PR) so I don't think it's even an option. One of my colleagues (with a working permit) is still "stuck" in Europe, waiting to be allowed in Canada.

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

Canada will allow international travelers if they are “essential”. Jason Brown was allowed entry when he was armed with sufficient documentation even though he is from the United States which is probably the worst country in the world for Covid-19. Since Japan has a much better record for controlling the pandemic, Yuzu would probably be allowed into Canada with the proper documentation if he really wanted to return to the TCC.

This would be more practical than taking a circuitous route through Europe since he would only be required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arriving in Canada. This might make sense if he intended to stay in Canada for the entire season, but, because the JSF probably wants him for the NHK Trophy, there’s no point in travelling to Canada, self-isolating for 14 days in Canada, and then at some point travelling back to Japan and self-isolating there for another 14 days.

Furthermore, I don’t think that the JSF wants its skaters to travel internationally and, even if it allowed its skaters to do so, Yuzu probably wouldn’t expose himself to the unnecessary risk of contracting Covid-19 through international travel when he can stay in Japan and compete in the GP series there.

Since the ISU is allowing skaters to compete in only one GP event, Yuzu travelling to Canada and self-isolating for 14 days to train at the TCC will only make sense if the JSF wants him, and Yuzu agrees, to compete in Skate Canada International.

Edit: @Lunna is correct. I have done some research regarding this and it would appear that Yuzu would not qualify for any of the exceptions which would allow him to enter Canada as a foreign national from Japan.

The main point of my post, however, was that Yuzu would remain in Japan to compete in the NHK Trophy and that he would not consider taking a circuitous route through the Europe in order to come to Canada.

7 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Canada will allow international travelers if they are “essential”. Jason Brown was allowed entry when he was armed with sufficient documentation even though he is from the United States which is probably the worst country in the world for Covid-19. Since Japan has a much better record for controlling the pandemic, Yuzu would probably be allowed into Canada with the proper documentation if he really wanted to return to the TCC.

This would be more practical than taking a circuitous route through Europe since he would only be required to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arriving in Canada. This might make sense if he intended to stay in Canada for the entire season, but, because the JSF probably wants him for the NHK Trophy, there’s no point in travelling to Canada, self-isolating for 14 days in Canada, and then at some point travelling back to Japan and self-isolating there for another 14 days.

Furthermore, I don’t think that the JSF wants its skaters to travel internationally and, even if it allowed its skaters to do so, Yuzu probably wouldn’t expose himself to the unnecessary risk of contracting Covid-19 through international travel when he can stay in Japan and compete in the GP series there.

Since the ISU is allowing skaters to compete in only one GP event, Yuzu travelling to Canada and self-isolating for 14 days to train at the TCC will only make sense if the JSF wants him, and Yuzu agrees, to compete in Skate Canada International.

If JSF didn't wants their skaters to travel internationally how about Rika Kihira going to Switzerland and even to Italy if im not mistaken.

22 минуты назад, Geo1 сказал:

Dunno about this. From other posts I got an impression that Americans have preferable treatment when deciding on enter permission to Canada. Which is kind of understandable cuz it's a neighbor country, but if you look at the numbers it's more strange decision.

I could be wrong of course.

But even Jason tried to enter twice, for Yuzu with a long flight it's not an option to try.

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

He can stay and quarantine at my place, no problem :peekapooh:
I've also got an ice rink 20 minutes from where I live.

44 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Dunno about this. From other posts I got an impression that Americans have preferable treatment when deciding on enter permission to Canada. Which is kind of understandable cuz it's a neighbor country, but if you look at the numbers it's more strange decision.

I could be wrong of course.

But even Jason tried to enter twice, for Yuzu with a long flight it's not an option to try.

I edited my original post to say that @Lunna is correct. I have done some research regarding this and it would appear that Yuzu would not qualify for any of the exceptions which would allow him to enter Canada as a foreign national from Japan.

The main point of my post, however, was that Yuzu would remain in Japan to compete in the NHK Trophy and that he would not consider taking a circuitous route through the Europe in order to come to Canada.

37 minutes ago, Fay said:

It’s interesting how even though he is getting better, his scores don’t necessarily reflect that, especially after the 15/16 season :wut: 

PS: Watching him perform H&L at 4CC, you can tell how much better it has become compared to 3 years ago, but I don’t think the score would show that too even if he brings H&L back to competition.

PPS: I will never not be salty that his Chopin at PyeongChang or 4CC this year didn’t break the WR in ACI. Both are that much better. 

27 минут назад, Melodie сказал:

Watching him perform H&L at 4CC, you can tell how much better it has become compared to 3 years ago, but I don’t think the score would show that too even if he brings H&L back to competition.

As much as I agree about Yuzu getting better and better, I don't really want to compare competition performance with 4 quads and EX version

4 hours ago, Lunna said:

As much as I agree about Yuzu getting better and better, I don't really want to compare competition performance with 4 quads and EX version

Me neither. But things like better edge work, control of body movement, interpretation of music, etc., even if he has all of these now, they probably won’t translate into higher score. That is what I meant when I bring in H&L from 4CC.