General Yuzuru Chat

I know Zuzu is rather notorious for being reckless when left to his own devices, but he is 25 yo now. One's true self will always be there, yes. But there is also maturity that comes with experience and the years of actually living on this earth. He is stubborn, but neither is he stupid nor insane*. Give him the benefit of the doubt, yes?

Also, Orser (and Tracy) is not his only coach. He could easily contact Briand instead.

*you know, from the quote "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results".

19 hours ago, Glory said:

Wow no one has posted for 20 hours! It really is the drought. 

What's your favorite Yuzuru Commercial and why?

I love them all, but the Ghana ads are the sweetest and cutest and therefore my favorite. Ghana seems to like playing up his mischievous side, and it's especially fun watching him sneak bits of chocolate in the behind the scenes videos...

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

And about Yuzu training by himself in Japan – he is used to it and if he really needs help, he will contact Brian or Ghislain.

I have no doubt of this, and yet...

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think we all trust Yuzu, but I guess because we all love and care about him we naturally can’t help but worry :’) 

Well, it's not what you picture when you think of a top coach and his top athlete working together, however, if it works for them, we poor fans just have to roll with it.  

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

I have no doubt of this, and yet...

Well, it's not what you picture when you think of a top coach and his top athlete working together, however, if it works for them, it's not for us to judge. 

Judge not, certainly, but imagine.

I am sure he is learning quite a lot in these months of "independence", and I am sure too, it is useful to such a (powerful, fast and active) mind to see where he is in his maturation, how he does by himself... It is not that I expect him to progress immediately an awful lot in all respects (well, probably on some), but to set his mind in order to progress even faster when he's back to TCC, and to lay the foundation of his future talents as a coach and probably a choreographer.

A problem with modern prodigies, is that often they don't have quiet times to mature, to think in other ways, to "let the dough rest". This is why too, French government have since XVIIth Century,  awarded different categories of artists with a (two to five years) residence in beautiful and inspiring Villa Medicis in Rome. And why Krystian Zimerman or Carlos Kleiber have refrained their careers.

I wonder if he's skating sometimes with Mone Chiba?

He cannot practise a lot (I have read, 15h/week but it was long ago) because of his conditions, can he nevertheless stay on ice or by the rink a bit more?

All I know is that now my head is full of images of him , when he finally does  get back to TCC, getting on the ice, doing a single circuit of the rink, and cracking out a perfect 4A with one of those super extra Hanyu fancy landings (hello high kick), all without a word of warning to anyone. 

You know he would. 

11 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

All I know is that now my head is full of images of him , when he finally does  get back to TCC, getting on the ice, doing a single circuit of the rink, and cracking out a perfect 4A with one of those super extra Hanyu fancy landings (hello high kick), all without a word of warning to anyone. 

You know he would. 

In the meantime, people at Ice Rink Sendai are hearing Yuzu say “Kuso!” a lot…

I guess he is now capable of training by himself.How about the choreo for new programs?Based on the interview before he plans to get new programs right?Do u guys think he will ask for Japanese choregrapher or stick to his old ones..Shae Lyn and Jeffry Buttle?Because i dont think he will able to go to Canada anytime soon with the closure border and the quarantine and Brian also hinted he maybe doing NHK trophy

8 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Also, Orser (and Tracy) is not his only coach. He could easily contact Briand instead.

This is really only speculation so don't be too hard if you shoot me down.  I'm wondering if it is possible that he might have brought in Nanami in a very temporary way.  I would say the chances are overwhelming that he hasn't but she is probably the only one in Japan who could work with him closely now, being as she was the one who ushered him through his junior years and his initial years of senior competition.  Really, it's no more than a passing thought for me so please be gentle.

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

This is really only speculation so don't be too hard if you shoot me down.  I'm wondering if it is possible that he might have brought in Nanami in a very temporary way.  I would say the chances are overwhelming that he hasn't but she is probably the only one in Japan who could work with him closely now, being as she was the one who ushered him through his junior years and his initial years of senior competition.  Really, it's no more than a passing thought for me so please be gentle.

Who knows? He could have. Wouldn't it be awesome though if she helped him with choreography? I mean I love Shea Lyn and Jeffery Buttle and all they've done but I do miss Romeo and Juliet no.1 choreo.  ❤

7 hours ago, micaelis said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did actually!! 
And regarding choreography, I think it’s possible he has both programs ready too... maybe Shae and Jeff Buttle sent them to him by email or something, it’s possible too haha

2 hours ago, Seorose said:

So cute! Towel bear/cat can be made without cutting or sewing. Instruction is shared in a twitter thread.

I love that this person figured out a way to make these dolls without cutting these beautiful towels. I also love that these cats/bears have long legs. Funny and lovely.