General Yuzuru Chat

On 8/4/2020 at 12:24 AM, FlyingCamel said:

Even the commentator was predicting a world record, despite the popped axel and was surprised when the score was so low :( 

I was there for it and didn't see the clip with the commentary. It's validating to know that I wasn't just outraged because I'm a fan of his and definitely biased. Unbeknownst to me, a seasoned figure skating commentator who has to be objective and fair, had thought along exactly the same lines and been expecting a big score and been confused when it wasn't delivered. 

On 8/4/2020 at 11:17 AM, BWOZWaltz said:

So if GPS are going ahead, are they going to announce GPS assignments?? If so, would they base it on the world standing points?? Does that mean it's possible to have Yuzu and Nathan in the same comp earlier than GPF?...

IDK if ISU has throughly considered the whole situation with the border restrictions in places. I fear that not all skaters can get to the competitions because of the restrictions. And my worst fear is, can they keep everyone safe while the comps' taking place? What if clusters develop after a comp? International comp means people are moving from countries to countries so the risk gets higher and higher...:smiley-scared003:

ETA: For example, I don't know if Brendan Kerry can get to GPS at all as Australia has restrictions at the moment and we require a permission from the government for travelling abroad. Also, with the permission, you can only buy one way air ticket (so we're told by a flight centre travel consultant). 

Judging by his Instagram, I don't think he's in Australia. Pretty sure he's in Europe somewhere.

1 hour ago, Glory said:

Wow no one has posted for 20 hours! It really is the drought. 

What's your favorite Yuzuru Commercial and why?

I'll contribute to ending the draught. My intellectual side says my favorite is Gum for the game, and Amino Vital as a close second, because they are some cinematic, well filmed, and classy :clapping-smiley:.  Then on my fan girl side, he just looks so kakoii in those shots with all black clothes :coolio:.

1 hour ago, Glory said:

Wow no one has posted for 20 hours! It really is the drought. 

What's your favorite Yuzuru Commercial and why?

Hello Blue, Hello Future and Gum for the Game are both great and are like two sides of the same coin. I like HBHF the best because it's so optimistic and it's a real look at Yuzu's training life, while GftG is more dramatic and cinematic.

Also the P&G Thank You Mom commercial (at the end) is nice too, especially the part where the present-day Yuzu jumps with mushroom Yuzu reflected in the mirror doing the same jump. That was cool.

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

Hello Blue, Hello Future and Gum for the Game are both great and are like two sides of the same coin. I like HBHF the best because it's so optimistic and it's a real look at Yuzu's training life, while GftG is more dramatic and cinematic.

Also the P&G Thank You Mom commercial (at the end) is nice too, especially the part where the present-day Yuzu jumps with mushroom Yuzu reflected in the mirror doing the same jump. That was cool.

I forgot about the Thank you Mom one! It's sweet!

I like the Ghana ads all of them. He looks so good in red. Plus it's so fun to watch him make hot chocolate!!

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

P&G Thank You Mom made me cry.  And I think it's the most genuine Yuzu because he really does know how much his mother has done for him and appreciates it. 

It's hard this year, I mean we are used to the ninja doing his ninja thing, but with no shows or media day or anything, and him dloing an even better job than usual (white wall, white wall, white wall...) there's absolutely nothing. Surely the Japanese press can come up with something for us...

3 hours ago, Glory said:

I like the Ghana ads all of them. He looks so good in red. Plus it's so fun to watch him make hot chocolate!!

I love him in that red costume. I can't wait to see what his new costumes will look like this season. Normally we'll be getting the costume reveal next month at ACI. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd2atId1qdlkyg:

5 hours ago, Ladysci said:

I'll contribute to ending the draught. My intellectual side says my favorite is Gum for the game, and Amino Vital as a close second, because they are some cinematic, well filmed, and classy :clapping-smiley:.  Then on my fan girl side, he just looks so kakoii in those shots with all black clothes :coolio:.

He is definitely kakkoii in the Gum for the Game CM, but then there's also that silly side of him, so I will add this backstage Xylitol CM clip too:

This clip cracks me up. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: 

We've had previous discussions about whether or not Yuzu can sing since he refused to do it in that video where the Japanese athletes sang Hana wa Saku. Based on this short clip, I think he has a very nice singing voice even though he claims that he sounds tone-deaf here.

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

5 hours ago, Glory said:

I love him in that red costume. I can't wait to see what his new costumes will look like this season. Normally we'll be getting the costume reveal next month at ACI. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd2atId1qdlkyg:

7 hours ago, Ladysci said:

Read more  

He is definitely kakkoii in the Gum for the Game CM, but then there's also that silly side of him, so I will add this backstage Xylitol CM clip too:

This clip cracks me up. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: 

We've had previous discussions about whether or not Yuzu can sing since he refused to do it in that video where the Japanese athletes sang Hana wa Saku. Based on this short clip, I think he has a very nice singing voice even though he claims that he sounds tone-deaf here.

I need him to do an Adam Rippon and sing during a gala T_T