General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, barbara said:

And I'm curious how SCI can be held if only 50 people are allowed in the rink.  Maybe a lottery?

More to the point, who is going to be able to come if anyone entering the country is still required to do a 14 day quarantine by that time? 

The thing is, I could actually see some of the GPs more-or-less working. For example, Europe has relatively few travel restrictions within the Schengen Zone at this point, and there are enough skaters who train in Europe already that you could have a decent field of competitors. So IdF could go ahead, and probably CoR too - without live audiences, one would assume.

SCI would probably become the ice dance GP because so many international ice dance teams are already here in Canada training, so they wouldn't have to cross international borders to attend. However, in singles and pairs (especially singles women) it would be difficult to get enough competitors if they can't travel from outside the country without having to quarantine. 

SkAm would by necessity have to include only skaters currently training in the US. 

That leaves Cup of China, which is already a very open question since China has banned sporting events of this nature until 2021, - and the NHK Cup. We all know Japan could easily fill the field with their own singles skaters without even needing to invite other countries, but the situation is very different in ice dance and pairs. I don't know what restrictions Japan has put on people entering the country from abroad, but depending on how things go there(right now it's not looking so good tho), they might end up being the only country to host a 'normal' GP. NHK Cup is also at the end of the series so there's more time for the virus situation to improve by then. 

So it's not as impossible as it might seem....but it's not exactly easy, and it's certainly not going to be 'as normal'. 

all of the above is with the caveat that there be no live audiences permitted, only TV coverage/streaming. If any of the countries decide to allow live audiences, I personally would think it very reasonable if skaters refused to participate in those events. 

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

The google drive links don't work. It seems the drive has been blocked due to violation of terms of service...

But aren't the videos on MEGA? I checked the links from PC and could open all five episodes, although it took a while to load some of them.

7 hours ago, Rinnarsev said:

Anyways... I'm soooooo excited!!! (besides finding out the GPS news and got angry) Because I finally got the autobiography set!!!! :joy::clapclap4:

e11371b2ddf436f25788cbe6ed4c4e8a4a1475c0b52ee4c809091a5de844f95e78b656f1fc623f9a969a9294331074e4f00a38ff98ae21885910d077

Yay you got it too! I was super excited when i got it too, couldn't stop smiling like an idiot the whole day:laughing:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

all of the above is with the caveat that there be no live audiences permitted, only TV coverage/streaming. If any of the countries decide to allow live audiences, I personally would think it very reasonable if skaters refused to participate in those events. 

Unless they protect the skaters from a contamination from the audience, by setting boards on the ceiling over the rink boards, because if they set such boards, the air from the stands would keep a convection on and over the stands, and the air from the rink would have its own circulation over the rink, with very little exchange.

Otherwise I think you're right : the air from the audience goes up along the stands, then along the ceiling towards over the centre of the rink, then to the centre of the rink, this while I believe skaters are made particularly vulnerable to contamination because 1) they get exhausted, 2) they breathe very deep. Too dangerous.

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

But aren't the videos on MEGA? I checked the links from PC and could open all five episodes, although it took a while to load some of them.

I know why the link didn't work for me. I was clicking on the links left on someone's quoting the old post where the links lead to the unavailable google drive. I've flicked through the pages and found the updated post with MEGA link and they've worked!

Thank you:thanks:

On 8/3/2020 at 9:44 AM, Fay said:

Dear Italian Fanyus, what does this say? 

It means: His coach calls him "The Alien" (as extraterrestrial being...not the movie...), in Japan he is the rockstar of figure skating, 2 times Olympic gold he aims to land the quadaxel. The tweet is from the MilanoCortina Olympic commitee tweet account.