General Yuzuru Chat

46 minutes ago, Veveco said:

I really hope that there is a misunderstanding somewhere because :banginghead::banginghead::banginghead:

Wow.  I'm disgusted with this decision, especially since I have a feeling that it is largely motivated by the Fed from my corner of the world which is also doing one of the crappiest jobs of handling the pandemic.  I'm so sick of hearing people bitching about something as silly as having to wear a mask - Jeebus Christmas, how f'n selfish are people that they're unwilling to deal with such a minor inconvenience.  Even if they don't work, seems like such a tiny thing to do to give people a little peace of mind.  I've become so tired of our entitled culture that I need a mental break from my closest friends.

Well, I doubt I'll be able to go to any of the events since I don't see Americans being allowed to travel any time soon, but for those of you who are, I thought this was a fun idea 

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/?iaCode=all-masks&query=hanyu&ref=search_box

https://www.vistaprint.com/masks/all/custom/?utm_medium=referral_website&utm_source=vistaprint&utm_campaign=vp_masks_referral_link&utm_content=homepage_marquee&xnav=New+Visitor+Home+Page_New+Visitor+Home+Page_Super+hero_superhero-default_0_undefined

Saw someone on Facebook with her Yuzu mask and wanted my own.

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

I really hope that there is a misunderstanding somewhere because :banginghead::banginghead::banginghead:

Due to travel restrictions put in place in various countries because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, potential changes to the format of the series will be discussed at a later date.

The top six ranked male and female skaters, pairs and ice dance pairs over the series advance to the Grand Prix Final penciled in for December in Beijing.

However, because of the coronavirus pandemic's spread across the globe, the GP Final could be moved to the beginning of next year.

It doesn't look like "as planned" at all :scratch2:

Not sure how credible this is, but from P. Hersh:

ETA: These tweets have already been shared in General Skating Thread. Sorry for double posting

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

And all the nationals? 4CC/EC? Were they all drunk at this meeting? Are they going to squeeze it between 4CC and worlds? What kind of planning is this? ☠

4CC will either have to change it's date or location.  The chances of Australia being open to foreigners by early February are slim to none.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

It doesn't look like "as planned" at all :scratch2:

Not sure how credible this is, but from P. Hersh:

ETA: These tweets have already been shared in General Skating Thread. Sorry for double posting

I really don't think holding the GPS "as usual" is a good idea. There's too many ways things could go wrong, with invisible patients, careless people, international travelling etc. I absolutely wanna see Yuzu complete but not under this much risk. Corona will affect people's respiratory system and may have long term effects even after recovery. I can't even imagine how much risks it will be for not only the athletes,  but also the staffs, the judge, etc. 

I hope if they really decided to go on with GPS, at least it will be like this twitter says, it will be virtual competition. At least they don't have to travel internationally.

Though, what good does  it do? Some athletes don't even have their coaches with them. and then every country has to set up a rink for it... probably not gonna have (or allowed) much audience. 

ughhhhhhhh... I'm so worried :judgmental:what's going on in their mind??

3 minutes ago, Rinnarsev said:

Anyways... I'm soooooo excited!!! (besides finding out the GPS news and got angry) Because I finally got the autobiography set!!!! :joy::clapclap4:

e11371b2ddf436f25788cbe6ed4c4e8a4a1475c0b52ee4c809091a5de844f95e78b656f1fc623f9a969a9294331074e4f00a38ff98ae21885910d077

So cool! I remember how excited I was to get the Japanese version. It's still fun looking through the pictures as I'm trying to get my Japanese to a high enough level to read it 😁

8 minutes ago, Glory said:

So cool! I remember how excited I was to get the Japanese version. It's still fun looking through the pictures as I'm trying to get my Japanese to a high enough level to read it 😁

You know what... I started learning Japanese last week... just because I wanna be able to watch his Japanese interviews and read the autobiography lol :embSwan:

:hachimaki:頑張って!

28 minutes ago, Rinnarsev said:

You know what... I started learning Japanese last week... just because I wanna be able to watch his Japanese interviews and read the autobiography lol :embSwan:

:hachimaki:頑張って!

I hope you like learning it as much as I do!! It's a lot of fun for me. But so much kanji in his book!! I'm only a 2nd grader in kanji... but I will do my best!! がんばってください。 q(^-^q)

5 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Lol, it may not be so much a romantic soap opera these days.....you know with a TV show you're waiting for so many seasons for the couple to finally get together, and then when they do it gets tiring and boring and everyone wishes it hadn't happened? Quarantine would be like that for poor Floor-chan. :68468287:

Hide contents

Yuzu: Time to practice!

Floor-chan: We practiced for seven hours yesterday! ___ლ(ಠ _ ಠ ლ)___

Yuzu: Have to keep in shape. Competitions won't win themselves. *stretchstretchstretch* *crunchcrunchcrunch*

Floor-chan: You could put a blanket on me and we could have a picnic instead? ___( ˵¯͒▱¯͒˵ )___

Yuzu: *spinspinspinspinspin*

Floor-chan: I think I'm getting a bald spot from all your spinning nonsense..... ___(  ̄ Α  ̄;)ゞ___ 

Yuzu: *jumpjumpjump*

Floor-chan: Won't you lie down and relax??? Remember backstage at all those competitions together? I was always there for you, calming you, supporting you! Where did our love go? I thought I would be happy having you all to myself, no more Ice-chan.....but the reality is.....I FEEL UNFULFILLED AND UNDERAPPRECIATED!!!! You never pat me or kiss me like you used to with Ice-chan! You never even thank me anymore!!!!!!! 

___。゚・ ( >﹏< ) ・゚。___

Yuzu: W-what are you saying?

Floor-chan: I'M SAYING I WANT A DIVORCE, AND I WILL KEEP THE YOGA MAT ___(╬  Ò  ‸  Ó )・゚。___

Yuzu: :knc_yuzu1: 

(and just in time, the rink re-opens, and Floor-chan can calm down and once again share the frustrating duty of Yuzuru Hanyu with Ice-chan :D) 

Thank you! :68468287:

, Floor-chan was not made to marry Yuzu-kun if she wasn't ready to share his insane active rhythm.

1 hour ago, Glory said:

I hope you like learning it as much as I do!! It's a lot of fun for me. But so much kanji in his book!! I'm only a 2nd grader in kanji... but I will do my best!! がんばってください。 q(^-^q)

Yess... so far I enjoy learning it XD (i'm now good with hiragana and kanji, starts studying some grammar )

but also now I know why Yuzu love to say 悔しいです!:dontdothistome:because katakana is so difficult for me  :sadPooh: 

One day! :softYuzu: we will be able to understand him in Japanese! :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

9 hours ago, Ewa said:

Here is an interesting fragment from Evgeni Plushenko's book "Another show" (translated):
"On the ice I used to forget completely that I felt sick. But only till we started spinning.
The coach gave us homework – to spin on a special disk. Everyday for many years I stepped on this disk and all started from the beginning. I was spinning. My head started whirling, I felt sick and at the last moment I gave up:
- Mom, I will vomit right now - I shouted.
Mom held me and dragged me into the bathroom. I drunk water and stepped on the disk again. Mom took me to doctors and told them how my “home training” was taking place. The doctors calmed her down, saying that it was normal, that many children have a weak vestibularis [vestibular apparatus, I guess] and one just had to train it. And we trained it. After a year I had completely forgotten how it feels when you are sick. I got used to that hateful home disk and even made it my friend. I already spinned on it in my free time alone, without mom’s reminding me about that."

And as you can sometimes see on his Instagram, Plushenko uses similar device in his Academy to train young skaters.

What kind of disc is that? Sounds like an interesting device!

59 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Well even if the GP series goes ahead, JSF may ban its athletes from going so... 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, does anyone know where I can watch the full episode of Yuzu on “Kenji’s room” with english subtitles?