General Yuzuru Chat

10 минут назад, yuzuangel сказал:

I wish he kept it

It really fit the program, even though I think Jun's layback position is better (mostly his free leg position), but Yuzu later done it at shows at least.

11 минут назад, yuzuangel сказал:

Zuzu try new spins

We all know were his training energy goes... I also dunno why there's 1 choreo stsq but not at least one choreo spin out of the 3. I feel like spin's positions are very limited by rules.

2小時前, FlyingCamel說:

Maybe I’m not the right person to answer because I am only a beginner skater but I just... kind of got used to it. When I first started learning how to spin I was very dizzy but nowadays I don’t get dizzy any more... although as I said before I am only a beginner doing very basic spins and spinning very slowly :) 

I’m surprised though! I thought Shoma’s a pretty good spinner haha

Same here as a beginner skater, though in my case, when I first learnt to spin, I was too bad at it and my "spin" didn't even last 2 revolutions to make me dizzy :59182a91b7414_cool(1):. It gradually got better after practice and at the same time the dizziness disappeared.

Yuzu said that he loved spinning as a child and he even "competed" with Lambiel in spins when he was still a little mushroom. Maybe spinning is not as fun as an adult? Generally I think top skaters don't put much time in spins. I think Roman Sadovsky (one of the best spinners) has said that he trained them when he was young, but not so much now.

5 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Maybe I’m not the right person to answer because I am only a beginner skater but I just... kind of got used to it. When I first started learning how to spin I was very dizzy but nowadays I don’t get dizzy any more... although as I said before I am only a beginner doing very basic spins and spinning very slowly :) 

I’m surprised though! I thought Shoma’s a pretty good spinner haha

I remember reading an article (ostensibly about dancers spinning) about spinning and brain changes but just found it.  https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/scicurious-brain/practice-spinning-tiny-dancer/

Skaters also have a slightly different way to train the dizziness response away that is slightly different than dancers. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-don-t-figure-skaters-get-dizzy-when-they-spin/

You don't have to read all of both articles to get some scientific info on how skaters can spin without getting dizzy and losing balance. Think of how many years Yuzu (and Shoma) have been practicing spins.  If you had a 6 yr old do the same number of fast revolutions than a skater with years of experience does, they'd fall over.  It's practice.  Start with one spin and train from there.

I expect to see Yuzu's spin positions looking :003: when we see him skating next, since spins are luckily one thing that can be practiced off the ice, and boredom is a powerful motivator.....He just needs his little bee spinner and Floor-chan :D 

6 hours ago, CaroSkate said:

. I think Roman Sadovsky (one of the best spinners) has said that he trained them when he was young, but not so much now.

In one of Roman's early return-to-ice vlogs after the lockdown, he said that he was limiting his spin training to two a day because they make him nauseous and sometimes he bursts capillaries in his skin because of the centripetal forces of the spin forcing the blood in his face outward. If it's like that, I wouldn't want to train spins either.

Here is an interesting fragment from Evgeni Plushenko's book "Another show" (translated):
"On the ice I used to forget completely that I felt sick. But only till we started spinning.
The coach gave us homework – to spin on a special disk. Everyday for many years I stepped on this disk and all started from the beginning. I was spinning. My head started whirling, I felt sick and at the last moment I gave up:
- Mom, I will vomit right now - I shouted.
Mom held me and dragged me into the bathroom. I drunk water and stepped on the disk again. Mom took me to doctors and told them how my “home training” was taking place. The doctors calmed her down, saying that it was normal, that many children have a weak vestibularis [vestibular apparatus, I guess] and one just had to train it. And we trained it. After a year I had completely forgotten how it feels when you are sick. I got used to that hateful home disk and even made it my friend. I already spinned on it in my free time alone, without mom’s reminding me about that."

And as you can sometimes see on his Instagram, Plushenko uses similar device in his Academy to train young skaters.

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I wouldn't protest against a new episode of the Soap Opera by the way... :woop: (Understatement. It was so well found!)

Lol, it may not be so much a romantic soap opera these days.....you know with a TV show you're waiting for so many seasons for the couple to finally get together, and then when they do it gets tiring and boring and everyone wishes it hadn't happened? Quarantine would be like that for poor Floor-chan. :68468287:

Spoiler

Yuzu: Time to practice!

Floor-chan: We practiced for seven hours yesterday! ___ლ(ಠ _ ಠ ლ)___

Yuzu: Have to keep in shape. Competitions won't win themselves. *stretchstretchstretch* *crunchcrunchcrunch*

Floor-chan: You could put a blanket on me and we could have a picnic instead? ___( ˵¯͒▱¯͒˵ )___

Yuzu: *spinspinspinspinspin*

Floor-chan: I think I'm getting a bald spot from all your spinning nonsense..... ___(  ̄ Α  ̄;)ゞ___ 

Yuzu: *jumpjumpjump*

Floor-chan: Won't you lie down and relax??? Remember backstage at all those competitions together? I was always there for you, calming you, supporting you! Where did our love go? I thought I would be happy having you all to myself, no more Ice-chan.....but the reality is.....I FEEL UNFULFILLED AND UNDERAPPRECIATED!!!! You never pat me or kiss me like you used to with Ice-chan! You never even thank me anymore!!!!!!! 

___。゚・ ( >﹏< ) ・゚。___

Yuzu: W-what are you saying?

Floor-chan: I'M SAYING I WANT A DIVORCE, AND I WILL KEEP THE YOGA MAT ___(╬  Ò  ‸  Ó )・゚。___

Yuzu: :knc_yuzu1: 

(and just in time, the rink re-opens, and Floor-chan can calm down and once again share the frustrating duty of Yuzuru Hanyu with Ice-chan :D) 

https://this.kiji.is/663187045258364001?c=39550187727945729   

Tomorrow's news - English translation (not mine):  "It was revealed on the 4th that six Grand Prix (GP) series tournaments that will start in October in figure skating will be held as scheduled, according to interviews with related parties. The International Skating Union (ISU) confirmed the policy of the decision at an online board meeting held on the 3rd."

So, I don't know how they can hold Skate America.  We can't even get through a couple of fan-free baseball games without dozen of players and staff getting sick.  And I'm curious how SCI can be held if only 50 people are allowed in the rink.  Maybe a lottery?

Since this is an Aug 4 Kyodo article, maybe SC have an extra day to think about it.  And who could come to skate anyway if the border is still closed?

So if GPS are going ahead, are they going to announce GPS assignments?? If so, would they base it on the world standing points?? Does that mean it's possible to have Yuzu and Nathan in the same comp earlier than GPF?...

IDK if ISU has throughly considered the whole situation with the border restrictions in places. I fear that not all skaters can get to the competitions because of the restrictions. And my worst fear is, can they keep everyone safe while the comps' taking place? What if clusters develop after a comp? International comp means people are moving from countries to countries so the risk gets higher and higher...:smiley-scared003:

ETA: For example, I don't know if Brendan Kerry can get to GPS at all as Australia has restrictions at the moment and we require a permission from the government for travelling abroad. Also, with the permission, you can only buy one way air ticket (so we're told by a flight centre travel consultant).