General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

The mention of Patrick (Chan, I suppose) and of the quad Lutz makes me think this interview dates back to the beginning of last Olympic season.

It would be one of the earlier mentions of his attempts at 4A.

I think so! Can’t read the Japanese text but it says 2017 so it seems to be from that year haha

6 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

The mention of Patrick (Chan, I suppose) and of the quad Lutz makes me think this interview dates back to the beginning of last Olympic season.

It would be one of the earlier mentions of his attempts at 4A.

Yeah, it's not translated, but the very first tweet in Japanese says this is an excerpt from an article published in 2017. Kind of an important detail for the translator to have left out.

10 hours ago, TallyT said:

Tracey has mentioned how scary it is to see in practice at TCC, so watching it from across the world... poor them. But on the other hand, they are there every day, they know better than we do how he is NOT going to rest till he gets it.

I fear for Tracy's hair... she's the only one of Yuzu's coaches who has any left!

1 час назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

I have read hints that Yuzuru Hanyu doesn't like spins.

I think he doesn't like training spins (he really trains them very little during competition official practices), not that he doesn't like them at all.

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

Oh, thank you! And thanks to @Fay!

So this was maybe the first time he met Evgeny Plushenko?

I have a rather stupid question, please forgive a dummie.

I have read hints that Yuzuru Hanyu doesn't like spins. Yet his spins are such masterpieces! How can it be? Am I a bad fanyu if I love his spins, if I dream of his spins?

According to Plushenko, he met Yuzuru when he was only 8 years old haha, he says it at about the 1:50 mark:

In 2008 Yuzuru would be 13-14 years old :)

Hmm, where did you read the spin thing from?