General Yuzuru Chat

The following is only my opinion and I don´t want to criticize any posters in this thread, but as a person who is doing academic research and using different sources (unofficial and official) and valuating their trustworthy,  I want to point out something.

The sources that I myself trust with Yuzu news is himself, his coaches, and JSF. To me these three are the official sources. So far we as a fan group have the unofficial information that he is back in Japan. This unofficial information is very probably true and if he is in Japan, he is probably in Sendai, because it is just logical and basically the only option for him. But this information is not confirmed by any official source. Brian has spoken about his international skaters generally and we can assume that Yuzu is part of this group. But he has not said anything direct about Yuzu, his whereabouts or his training. There is no official statement by JSF and we all know about Yuzu and his tale of white walls. I have the impression that he doesn´t want to reveal his location and he probably has very good reasons for that. And I think that as a fan group we should respect this wish, as hard as it is to not guessing his whereabouts and training facilities.

This is just my own opinion and I sincerely wish that we are able to see him again soon and hear from himself how his training is going, wherever he may be.

30 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

The following is only my opinion and I don´t want to criticize any posters in this thread, but as a person who is doing academic research and using different sources (unofficial and official) and valuating their trustworthy,  I want to point out something.

The sources that I myself trust with Yuzu news is himself, his coaches, and JSF. To me these three are the official sources. So far we as a fan group have the unofficial information that he is back in Japan. This unofficial information is very probably true and if he is in Japan, he is probably in Sendai, because it is just logical and basically the only option for him. But this information is not confirmed by any official source. Brian has spoken about his international skaters generally and we can assume that Yuzu is part of this group. But he has not said anything direct about Yuzu, his whereabouts or his training. There is no official statement by JSF and we all know about Yuzu and his tale of white walls. I have the impression that he doesn´t want to reveal his location and he probably has very good reasons for that. And I think that as a fan group we should respect this wish, as hard as it is to not guessing his whereabouts and training facilities.

This is just my own opinion and I sincerely wish that we are able to see him again soon and hear from himself how his training is going, wherever he may be.

It is a given that there will never be any official information about Yuzu's whereabouts given out by his coaches, JSF or himself.  Ever.  His privacy is respected. Based on all manner of sources, it's safe to presume he is in Sendai, has been in Sendai since shortly after TCC closed and will remain there until he returns to Canada.  And that won't be confirmed, either.  We'll just have to wait for photo evidence of him appearing at TCC.

17 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

He went back to Sendai, self-confined during twoo weeks, then could probably skate about two weeks until his rink closed, and it reopened after about two more weeks. Now he is coached "online" by Team Orser.

He sent five times videos : on March 11th, via Jason Brown's Twitter :

On May 6th, via JSF's Twitter, he gave us the beginning movements of each of his programs since March 11th, 2011 :

On July 6th? he sent a video, on request of ISU, "promoting" their "fakewards" (which are a story alone, I don't think I would be able to sum it up). He looked like an Hostage. I don't find it.

Then, unexpectedly he was "awarded" (rather, ISU self-awarded his popularity) the MVS fakeward, and was very gracious.

This one, I don't remember the date :

But two more videos of his were released.

First, bows to a nonexistent attendance at Kelowna during practice, with a nice message, filmed by On Ice Perspectives.

Second, a commercial for Lotte gums, which should have been aired for the opening of Tokyo Games.

A behind-the-stage video was also released.

We are well-watered cacti. Yet, always thirsty. (Are we really cacti after all?)

EDIT : I suppressed the Red Cross CM, which was not recent. Thank you @Fay and @sweetwater !

Oh my god! Thank you!!!Thank you so so much!!!!!:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

You even took the time to look up the videos!!:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

33 minutes ago, Yuzu Strawberry Lemon said:

Oh my god! Thank you!!!Thank you so so much!!!!!:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

You even took the time to look up the videos!!:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

It's easy : plants tend to remember waterings, don't they? :mushroom7: Particularly when they are so memorable. For a skating-less season, of course.

On 8/1/2020 at 10:55 AM, lajoitko said:

So far we as a fan group have the unofficial information that he is back in Japan. This unofficial information is very probably true and if he is in Japan, he is probably in Sendai, because it is just logical and basically the only option for him

Speaking for myself, I simply assumed from the beginning that Yuzu went home to Sendai at the very earliest opportunity after World's got cancelled. There was zero reason for him to stay in Canada, and he had work to do in Japan. I didn't do that out of a need to pinpoint his location or anything like that. It's just that it was the sensible and logical thing for him to do, and despite him being a madman who challenges 4A, he does seem to be a sensible and logical person otherwise. 

Of course we won't get *official* confirmation. We don't need it. It's not our business. 

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Speaking for myself, I simply assumed from the beginning that Yuzu went home to Sendai at the very earliest opportunity after World's got cancelled. There was zero reason for him to stay in Canada, and he had work to do in Japan. I didn't do that out of a need to pinpoint his location or anything like that. It's just that it was the sensible and logical thing for him to do, and despite him being a madman who challenges 4A, he does seem to be a sensible and logical person otherwise. 

Of course we won't get confirmation. We don't need it. It's not our business. 

A madman in a sense : his audacity looks crazy. But I am sure he knows perfectly what he's doing. The only thing is, I don't want him to really ruin his health (if his will goes there) just for giving us even greater skating. But this is just my wish as a fanyu, of course. I am not him. And I trust him even more than his coaches, anyway. At least now. 0:) I think he may have been convinced not to try 4A at GPF had a coach been there, but his attempts were certainly very well weighted/risk assessed and to a purpose (or more).

9 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

0:) I think he may have been convinced not to try 4A at GPF had a coach been there, but his attempts were certainly very well weighted/risk assessed and to a purpose (or more).

Sure, but imagine being one of his coaches and seeing that! :eeking:

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sure, but imagine being one of coaches and seeing that! :eeking:

Tracey has mentioned how scary it is to see in practice at TCC, so watching it from across the world... poor them. But on the other hand, they are there every day, they know better than we do how he is NOT going to rest till he gets it.

35 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Our Yuzu, always so hardworking...

I wonder what does "he hasn't landed it well yet, but has landed it on one foot" mean though...

The mention of Patrick (Chan, I suppose) and of the quad Lutz makes me think this interview dates back to the beginning of last Olympic season.

It would be one of the earlier mentions of his attempts at 4A.