General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Yuzu’s 3As topped all other men’s of the season:

And if you think that in this still modest 12.57 at 4CC include a 0.88 bonus for having jumped it in the second half of the program... He should have had a plain 14.08 for it (8.8 base value + 4.4 grade of execution + 0.88 bonus), shouldn't he? Come on, judges, what are you expecting of a 3A to give it a 5 all over the board?

Edit : wrong base value (8.8 instead of 8) leading to big errors. Thank you @river for seeing it.

I just realized that the video quality on twitter is not the very best (on my devices at least), so I uploaded the montage with Yuzu's quotes here on the Planet in 1080p. There is not much that I can contribute right now, but I try to get back on track soon.

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

And if you think that in this still modest 12.57 at 4CC include a 0.88 bonus for having jumped it in the second half of the program... He should have had a plain 14.08 for it (8.8 base value + 4.4 grade of execution + 0.88 bonus), shouldn't he? Come on, judges, what are you expecting of a 3A to give it a 5 all over the board?

GOE actually doesn't get a 10% bonus for being backloaded - only the base value of the jump is increased. I do agree with you that the jump deserved a +5 across the board, though. So the math should work out to be 8.00 (3A BV) * 1.1 (backloading bonus) + 4.00 (+5 GOE gives 50% of the base value without the bonus) = 12.80 points.

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

When you consider that that was when he was still in Juniors and long before he started winning everything in sight.... it's really kind of brilliant. You can see the genius ready to come out. 

I would not complain if he brought this music back again, with upgraded choreography that reflects the skills and mastery he has now. A little shamisen would liven things up, and I bet he'd make it spectacular.

The knee spin is everything. 😂😂😂 ❤️

9 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I love “Change” by Monkey Majik, a band formed in Sendai in 2000 consisting of two Canadian brothers Maynard Plant and Blaise Plant as vocalists and two Japanese on instruments.

I think my favourite version of Yuzu performing this is at the 2011 Nagoya Festival when he was 16 years old.

I believe that the last time he performed this was at 2014 Together on Ice, the show that he produced in Sendai after he won gold at Sochi.

I also prefer the original version of “Change” by Monkey Majik performed with the Yoshida Brothers on shamisen.

So much more intensity and a better top!!! 

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I just realized that the video quality on twitter is not the very best (on my devices at least), so I uploaded the montage with Yuzu's quotes here on the Planet in 1080p. There is not much that I can contribute right now, but I try to get back on track soon.

wow, i love your videos! lovely montage of powerful moments <3 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Jordan's pose...he looks exactly like a hockey player trying to chase a breakaway. It looks difficult.

To be fair, he’s carrying quite a complicated contraption there which be heavy.  But he probably had some difficulty keeping up with Yuzu

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Are they? Until Yuzu, I had never heard of them or Monkey Majik

I love Monkey Majik :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: i heard from them before discovering Yuzu so it's a nice coincidence

just like having Fukase from Sekai no Owari and Yuzu on hte same frame at Kouhaku

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Yuzu and Jordan filming him 

Ahh yes... A noble man trying to get some cryptid footage

17 minutes ago, Fay said:

To be fair, he’s carrying quite a complicated contraption there which be heavy.  But he probably had some difficulty keeping up with Yuzu

That's exactly what I was pointing out -- he is working so hard! It's amazing he's able to get such great footage!'