General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone. Small update: thank God, our friend is recovering well and we might be able to visit her soon. Sadly, my grandfather is still in very bad shape, but we try our best to support him and care for him. I'd like to thank you once again with all my heart for your encouraging messages.

I took the new Lotte CM as an opportunity to reveal my new/old video montage of Yuzu's famous quotes. It's really uplifting in these difficult times. I hope you like it, too.

So glad to have news of yours, though less good than hoped.

Thank you for the video, so inspiring!

And I like this FedUpLys you retweeted, after all it is good that some speak these calculations, evident as they are. And I like so much her motto "Quousque tandem, Catilina..." (which every Latin student have studied because it is very good, plain and classical Latin), so apt to describe our exasperation towards ISU and many federations, though I really wonder if, in case ISU would be somehow swept away for their corruption, they would behave as bravely as Catiline did, rushing ahead of his last soldiers. Didier Gailhaguet's attitude, for instance, was not exactly the same, to put it mildly.

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Axel with Wings uploaded the behind the scenes of Yuzu's Lotte CM with English subs! :cheer:

This is great! I was LOL'ing at their conversation about the challenge of keeping up with Yuzu while filming...and the crew cheering Tanaka-sensei on. And Yuzu finally admitting that it would be impossible to keep up unless he  filmed it himself. :rofl3:

15 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Also, @Marie-E , if you still haven't seen it and you want to see some former skaters of the era of Gwendal Peizerat on the same ice of Yuzu, there's the ice show Heroes & Future 2018 in Nagano. It was held to celebrate 20 years from Nagano Olympics and they invited some skaters from Nagano Olympics, many medallists from OWG2018 and many young Jpn skaters, too.

Yuzu was in the middle of recovering his jumps after the famous ankle injury he got before OWG18, and it was the first time he performed to an exhibition version of H&L. Since he was doing his jumps rehab during iceshows, he wasn't on top of his form, but we were getting emotional over every little progress! We were delighted at his 3F(stepout) in H&L, since it meant his right ankle was well enough to pick with his right foot:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5: and stsq always a beauty, no matter what:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Asian dream song (one of the two pieces used for H&L) is linked to Nagano Paralympics 1998, so Yuzuru's choice to skate to Hope&Legacy as a two-times OGM in Nagano was meaningful for many different reasons.

Yuzuru's choices for which EX to skate are always like that: when he doesn't have one fixed EX for the whole season, he usually picks one that has some kind of connection with the event/place where he's skating.  And that's the reason why many of us predicted he would skate to H&L for Heroes&Future in Nagano, after having been freshly crowned two-times OGM:67638860:  Another popular bet was on Seimei: NHK15, when he broke 200 and 300 points with that program, had been held in the venue for Nagano OWG, and after ending his free skate, back then, Yuzuru pointed to the Olympic rings still there. It's entirely possible he was already planning back then that he'd bring Seimei to PyeongChang2018:biggrin: All according to his plans:gla:

Here Kaeryth compiled the video sources for  Heroes&Future 2018, full broadcast included:

I highly recommend also watching the finale to Never Enough, with the short but lovely Plushenko-Yuzu side by side choreo (tho Zuzu >> Plushy, sorrynotsorry :P) and the final rounds of greetings. Many super sweet and wholesome interactions, it always fills me with joy :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Wow! Thank you. I didn't expect that. Great ! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:  I saw clips from that show., but not a lot. I have a feeling I'm not going to be bored for the next few days. 

At the beginning of 2000', when I was a litte girl, I started to watch figure skating on TV... and it was mostly on French channels... so I discovered the couple of dancers Gwendael and Marina... ^^

3 hours ago, fyere0 said:

I've seen a longer video.....Yuzu admired Yuna but was shy/intimidated to talk to her, and Javi knew, and pushed him to approach her because Yuzu wouldn't go by himself.....but she didn't notice and someone else got there first. Instead of waiting for her, Yuzu's attitude was OH WELL GUESS IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE, RUN AWAY!

Javi: :facepalm:

And Yuzu didn't try again :headdesk:

I wanna see please!!!

:peek:

4 hours ago, fyere0 said:

I've seen a longer video.....Yuzu admired Yuna but was shy/intimidated to talk to her, and Javi knew, and pushed him to approach her because Yuzu wouldn't go by himself.....but she didn't notice and someone else got there first. Instead of waiting for her, Yuzu's attitude was OH WELL GUESS IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE, RUN AWAY!

Javi: :facepalm:

And Yuzu didn't try again :headdesk:

OMG, Yuzu is so precious! Well, nowadays, this is exactly how many younger skaters feel around Yuzu. I hope that he got a chance to talk to her at another occasion. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

1 hour ago, PoohandYuzu said:

I wanna see please!!!

:peek:

I was looking for it but I haven't found it yet! I will post it if I do.

55 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

OMG, Yuzu is so precious! Well, nowadays, this is exactly how many younger skaters feel around Yuzu. I hope that he got a chance to talk to her at another occasion. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Eventually they ended up next to each other (no video of this moment) and even had to hold hands, so maybe Yuna took pity on this smol fanboy and talked to him first :D 

I don't think they'll ever be invited to ice shows in each other's countries but I hope they both go to Javi's show one day.

sochi-russia-22nd-feb-2014-l-to-r-yu-na-

10 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone. Small update: thank God, our friend is recovering well and we might be able to visit her soon. Sadly, my grandfather is still in very bad shape, but we try our best to support him and care for him. I'd like to thank you once again with all my heart for your encouraging messages.

I took the new Lotte CM as an opportunity to reveal my new/old video montage of Yuzu's famous quotes. It's really uplifting in these difficult times. I hope you like it, too.

I’m so glad for your friend! I’ll keep your grandfather in my prayers; nothing seems certain in these times, but I truly hope that he will recover and that you will enjoy peaceful times together. Thank you so much for the update! I was worried, so I’m really relieved to hear news from you, and thank you so much for sharing that video of Yuzuru’s quotes! He really inspires me so much, and that video was just what I needed today. :thanks:

Apologies for any typos on this. I’m using my phone right now, and I don’t normally do this, so I may have made some mistakes. :59227c768286a__s: Sorry, but hopefully it’s understandable! 

13 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Happy to hear that about your friend, but definitely keeping your grandfather in my thoughts <3 Hope things get better soon.

9 hours ago, Fay said:

YouTube just offered me this link today - Yuzu’s gala number at the JWC 2010 along with the finale. Just very funny and cute Sui/Han, or the Shibs, and even Katsalapov. 

When you consider that that was when he was still in Juniors and long before he started winning everything in sight.... it's really kind of brilliant. You can see the genius ready to come out. 

I would not complain if he brought this music back again, with upgraded choreography that reflects the skills and mastery he has now. A little shamisen would liven things up, and I bet he'd make it spectacular.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

When you consider that that was when he was still in Juniors and long before he started winning everything in sight.... it's really kind of brilliant. You can see the genius ready to come out. 

I would not complain if he brought this music back again, with upgraded choreography that reflects the skills and mastery he has now. A little shamisen would liven things up, and I bet he'd make it spectacular.

I love “Change” by Monkey Majik, a band formed in Sendai in 2000 consisting of two Canadian brothers Maynard Plant and Blaise Plant as vocalists and two Japanese on instruments.

I think my favourite version of Yuzu performing this is at the 2011 Nagoya Festival when he was 16 years old.

I believe that the last time he performed this was at 2014 Together on Ice, the show that he produced in Sendai after he won gold at Sochi.

I also prefer the original version of “Change” by Monkey Majik performed with the Yoshida Brothers on shamisen.

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I love “Change” by Monkey Majik, a band formed in Sendai in 2000 consisting of two Canadian brothers Maynard Plant and Blaise Plant as vocalists and two Japanese on instruments.

I think my favourite version of Yuzu performing this is at the 2011 Nagoya Festival when he was 16 years old.

I believe that the last time he performed this was at 2014 Together on Ice, the show that he produced in Sendai after he won gold at Sochi.

I also prefer the original version of “Change” by Monkey Majik performed with the Yoshida Brothers on shamisen.

I had no idea Monkey Majik had a Canadian connection. That's pretty cool! 

Strange coincidence: the Yoshida Brothers have a Canadian apprentice who is also a videographer and YouTuber, who I follow on YouTube. That's where I first heard about the Yoshida Brothers, actually. 

I loved the 2014 version of change.  I also like the shamisen - was inspired to buy the Yoshida brothers album by team Japan’s gala performance at WTT 2015.  I would love it if Yuzuru were to use their music.

Okay so my mother and I always write letters to her Japanese pen pal. In the most recent letter I told her that I really like figure skating, especially a certain space kitty. And she sent me a magazine about FS that's roughly 60% Yuzu:loveshower: It's called 'Trace of Stars' and I'll share some photos soon.:wink_star: