General Yuzuru Chat

So today I was buying something  in Walmart and to my surprise I saw Sekkisei products in the skincare section!  I haven’t seen Sekkisei in Toronto before except on the Shoppers Drug Mart website or those independent Japanese cosmetic stores that are owned by Chinese (in those stores the price is always jacked up).

D1328605-1-FDC-4-D39-81-CA-0-E287297-E27

31-B16-B1-D-5826-4385-BCAC-322-F13-ECDB1

The Walmart also has some Korean skin care products such as innisfree and Missha.

The Walmart is in Markham (in Markville Mall) which has a large Asian / Chinese population though so maybe not THAT surprising, but I would have never expected to see Walmart selling Sekkisei products!

(As a price reference, for the clear bright mask, here it is selling for $39.97 ($231 HKD) where as in Hong Kong it sells for $190 HKD.  So Hong Kong is like -20%).  Obviously here they do not carry a large variety of products.  I stocked up when I was in Japan/Hong Kong in January so I should have enough for a while but I am not sure  when I can go there next....

1小時前, FlyingCamel說:

Everything about Yuzu is just so symbolic and poetic. I found the violin move in Origin kind of a reference to his name as well. Feathers also symbolize him. 

In one of the interviews he did last season (can't remember which one) he mentioned that the fire burning inside him is a blue flame - a reference to the name of his autobiography. Fire also happens to be the element of Sagittarius - Yuzu's star sign.

I remember on Weibo, there was some post asking people if there was any man's name that automatically suggests that the owner of the name must be a handsome man. Many Fanyus replied saying Yuzuru Hanyu - such a beautiful name. Some even said they didn't actually know anything about Yuzu and only searched him up because they got curious what kind of man would have such a beautiful name - and were of course happy to learn that the owner of this name certainly lives up to it! 

一小時前, rockstaryuzu說:

Isn't the Chinese pronunciation of his name also supposed to have some kind of significance that implies beauty as well? I recall reading something about it once but not exactly what they said.

I speak Cantonese Chinese, Mandarin Chinese and a little bit Japanese. The literal meaning of his name in Chinese is similar to Japanese, except that "Ha/羽” only means feathers but not wings, and "Yu/結” only means knots but not "tight". The pronuciation is beautiful in all three languages.

When I first discovered him, the first impression was "Wow, his name is so poetic! :loveeyes:"

There is also something special about those characters that I don't know how to explain. They are kind of on the "beautiful" side of characters. The ones that you would expect to find in poems.

7 часов назад, LadyLou сказал:

Also, I'm the first one to complain when cameramen don't film whole body of the skater during stsq, but GOSH, THAT Origin stsq? If they film Yuzu's footwork like that, I'll take all the feet-focused footage:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:but gimme another comera angle with full body too plz

That stsq is really INSANE!

It makes me sad that comp footage often doesn't translate the awesomess of it (and why I love fancams too)

I also don't like some parts where they cut parts of Yuzu out of frame or where he barely fits the frame, but full frame of his skates I like. I really hope he'll skate cut version of Origin as an EX or show number one day (how he did with Seimei and H&L), so he will not have to save all the energy for quads.

1 hour ago, CaroSkate said:

I speak Cantonese Chinese, Mandarin Chinese and a little bit Japanese. The literal meaning of his name in Chinese is similar to Japanese, except that "Ha/羽” only means feathers but not wings, and "Yu/結” only means knots but not "tight". The pronuciation is beautiful in all three languages.

When I first discovered him, the first impression was "Wow, his name is so poetic! :loveeyes:"

There is also something special about those characters that I don't know how to explain. They are kind of on the "beautiful" side of characters. The ones that you would expect to find in poems.

And to think about the fact that his name is his real one, and there are so many people in show biz that invent their stage names and not alwways very inspired, though! The guy is something else, that`s for sure!

Hi everyone. Small update: thank God, our friend is recovering well and we might be able to visit her soon. Sadly, my grandfather is still in very bad shape, but we try our best to support him and care for him. I'd like to thank you once again with all my heart for your encouraging messages.

I took the new Lotte CM as an opportunity to reveal my new/old video montage of Yuzu's famous quotes. It's really uplifting in these difficult times. I hope you like it, too.

3 時間前, FlyingCamelさんが言いました:

Everything about Yuzu is just so symbolic and poetic. I found the violin move in Origin kind of a reference to his name as well. Feathers also symbolize him. 

In one of the interviews he did last season (can't remember which one) he mentioned that the fire burning inside him is a blue flame - a reference to the name of his autobiography. Fire also happens to be the element of Sagittarius - Yuzu's star sign.

I remember on Weibo, there was some post asking people if there was any man's name that automatically suggests that the owner of the name must be a handsome man. Many Fanyus replied saying Yuzuru Hanyu - such a beautiful name. Some even said they didn't actually know anything about Yuzu and only searched him up because they got curious what kind of man would have such a beautiful name - and were of course happy to learn that the owner of this name certainly lives up to it! 

I'm glad to know there is such a nice video because it shows the  wonderful ness of his name to non Japanese speakers.

I'm Japanese .Every time I see his name , I think his name is beautiful and stands for  his life. I totally agree what he said

"I was born to skate"

39 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone. Small update: thank God, our friend is recovering well and we might be able to visit her soon. Sadly, my grandfather is still in very bad shape, but we try our best to support him and care for him. I'd like to thank you once again with all my heart for your encouraging messages.

I took the new Lotte CM as an opportunity to reveal my new/old video montage of Yuzu's famous quotes. It's really uplifting in these difficult times. I hope you like it, too.

Thank you so much for such an inspiring video :8430721:

I hope your loved ones get well soon! Stay strong! 

12 hours ago, Pammi said:

RbjAuTS.jpg

I love this from the video! 
Typical Yuzuru :rofl3:

When I first saw this picture I didn't get it, so I stoped the video to have a better look..........then I couldn't stop laughing :LOL: A typical Yuzu bombed pic.

11 hours ago, IceWings said:

Love these pics of Yuzu having fun with the other skaters. :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:  The pics of him and baby Nam are the cutest!

As for the Pirates pic, Yuzu did a Pirates theme group number in the 2011 The Ice show:

Thank you and @LadyLou for the video:thanks:. Wish it was a longer number and a Yuzu focused cam but it still made me a really happy girl:10636614:

Edit: And yes, the pics with baby Nam are the cutest:agree2:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Hahaha! Javi facepalming so hard! That was probably his reaction to something ridiculous that Yuzu said or did. :xD:

I've seen a longer video.....Yuzu admired Yuna but was shy/intimidated to talk to her, and Javi knew, and pushed him to approach her because Yuzu wouldn't go by himself.....but she didn't notice and someone else got there first. Instead of waiting for her, Yuzu's attitude was OH WELL GUESS IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE, RUN AWAY!

Javi: :facepalm:

And Yuzu didn't try again :headdesk:

5 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

I've seen a longer video.....Yuzu admired Yuna but was shy/intimidated to talk to her, and Javi knew, and pushed him to approach her because Yuzu wouldn't go by himself.....but she didn't notice and someone else got there first. Instead of waiting for her, Yuzu's attitude was OH WELL GUESS IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE, RUN AWAY!

Javi: :facepalm:

And Yuzu didn't try again :headdesk:

We are both Yuzu and Javi lol :softYuzu::embSwan: 

Javi at seeing Yuzu's plight, and of course Yuzu in his shoes

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Axel with Wings uploaded the behind the scenes of Yuzu's Lotte CM with English subs! :cheer:

I just love the "Axel with Wings" team and everyone else who does eng sub versions and what they do for us non japanese speaking fans, i really appreciate it.:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: