General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Hey guys,

I just stumbled across this video. It's a compilation of old backstage and gala dinner pictures.

Some of these pictures I've never seen before, so maybe a few of you are in the same situation and have fun watching some really cute Yuzu pics:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:.

Sorry if this already known content for most of you.

And if you know where to find a video of pirate Yuzu (see picture at 0:58) I would be a really happy girl:68468287:

I wasn't expecting the shots of Yuzu with Dylan Moscovitch...that really cracked me up! 

5 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Hey guys,

I just stumbled across this video. It's a compilation of old backstage and gala dinner pictures.

Some of these pictures I've never seen before, so maybe a few of you are in the same situation and have fun watching some really cute Yuzu pics:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:.

And if you know where to find a video of pirate Yuzu (see picture at 0:58) I would be a really happy girl:68468287:

RbjAuTS.jpg

I love this from the video! 
Typical Yuzuru :rofl3:

@Kestrelz, thanks for sharing all those lovely pics from Taiwanese Aoi Hono. :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Hey guys,

Love these pics of Yuzu having fun with the other skaters. :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:  The pics of him and baby Nam are the cutest!

As for the Pirates pic, Yuzu did a Pirates theme group number in the 2011 The Ice show:

late to the party to comment on the Lotte CM, and pretty much all the gushing has been done altready:67638860:  but I wanted to remark on this hydroblade, since I haven't seen gifs or discussion about this:tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

NLmlD2.gif

I'm mesmerized by how Yuzu exits that hydro: he gets a little push with his hand, stands up, switches from inside to outside and then just holds that edge(and quite deep too)... everything done so casually. His free leg just barely grazes the ice for a moment, his weight stays on his right foot the whole time

I mean, ok, for someone who can go from hydro in a flying entry into spin, or into 3A (tho that one wasn't landed well:P) or into a gigantic leap, this probably doesn't require as big an effort, but still, it looks sooooo smooooooooth and satisfying to watch endlessly:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

I'm kinda wondering if Zuzu could lift his left leggy up in a fan spiral after the hydroblade, it would make for such a coooool move:loveeyes:

also, time to bring back this other beauty of a hydroblade exit at one of CiONTU finale

Also, I'm the first one to complain when cameramen don't film whole body of the skater during stsq, but GOSH, THAT Origin stsq? If they film Yuzu's footwork like that, I'll take all the feet-focused footage:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:but gimme another comera angle with full body too plz

That stsq is really INSANE!

It makes me sad that comp footage often doesn't translate the awesomess of it (and why I love fancams too)

10 hours ago, Kestrelz said:

Here are the photos for the Taiwanese Aoi Honoo! Sorry it took a while (and also for the photo quality). Thank you to @yuzuangel and @rockstaryuzu for your help:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

This box cover is very pretty and I think it suits Yuzu really well :)

qV0Pp0N.jpg

This is the close up of the box. I love the embossed feathers, it adds a lot of detail to it!

lbstaAY.jpg

And here's the front cover of the first book. I especially like the line at the very bottom which roughly translates to "The First Autobiography, a look into the beginnings of the King". The lines in these quotation marks「 」mean "I want to skate with all my heart to show my gratitude".

SPFV9qw.jpg

And here's the back cover of the first book. The quote means "Giving heart stirring performances, achieving stellar results through hard work ------- being able to move people with these aspects is the beauty of the sport that I have chosen".

iOAvmzb.jpg

Let this cute little bean brighten your day.

Sk0u4yZ.jpg

Wait oops I'll upload the rest in another post, the rest of the images aren't showing up

thank you for these pics, the cover looks truly gorgeous <3

7 hours ago, Faithyu said:

4 hours ago, Marie-E said:

@Faithyu : thanks for this sharing ! As far as I'm concerned, there are several pictures that I didn't know about, including the one of Yuzu as a pirate. ;-)

And so nice to see former skaters as Gwendal Peizerat

pirateYuzu was one of his rare appearances in a (semi)comedic role, in a group number for The ICE 2011. Thanks to @kaeryth's media compilation for making it so easy to find all the links:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

direct link

ETA: LMAO @IceWings beat me to it:laughing:

In general, digging in The Ice 2011 and 2012 group numbers and fluff, it's possible to find a few great gems. Sadly, back then, Yuzu-focused cam wasn't a thing yet, so we need to deploy all our "spot the tiny Zu in the background" skills:sigh:

Also, @Marie-E , if you still haven't seen it and you want to see some former skaters of the era of Gwendal Peizerat on the same ice of Yuzu, there's the ice show Heroes & Future 2018 in Nagano. It was held to celebrate 20 years from Nagano Olympics and they invited some skaters from Nagano Olympics, many medallists from OWG2018 and many young Jpn skaters, too.

Yuzu was in the middle of recovering his jumps after the famous ankle injury he got before OWG18, and it was the first time he performed to an exhibition version of H&L. Since he was doing his jumps rehab during iceshows, he wasn't on top of his form, but we were getting emotional over every little progress! We were delighted at his 3F(stepout) in H&L, since it meant his right ankle was well enough to pick with his right foot:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5: and stsq always a beauty, no matter what:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Asian dream song (one of the two pieces used for H&L) is linked to Nagano Paralympics 1998, so Yuzuru's choice to skate to Hope&Legacy as a two-times OGM in Nagano was meaningful for many different reasons.

Yuzuru's choices for which EX to skate are always like that: when he doesn't have one fixed EX for the whole season, he usually picks one that has some kind of connection with the event/place where he's skating.  And that's the reason why many of us predicted he would skate to H&L for Heroes&Future in Nagano, after having been freshly crowned two-times OGM:67638860:  Another popular bet was on Seimei: NHK15, when he broke 200 and 300 points with that program, had been held in the venue for Nagano OWG, and after ending his free skate, back then, Yuzuru pointed to the Olympic rings still there. It's entirely possible he was already planning back then that he'd bring Seimei to PyeongChang2018:biggrin: All according to his plans:gla:

Here Kaeryth compiled the video sources for  Heroes&Future 2018, full broadcast included:

I highly recommend also watching the finale to Never Enough, with the short but lovely Plushenko-Yuzu side by side choreo (tho Zuzu >> Plushy, sorrynotsorry :P) and the final rounds of greetings. Many super sweet and wholesome interactions, it always fills me with joy :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

18 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I'm mesmerized by how Yuzu exits that hydro: he gets a little push with his hand, stands up, switches from inside to outside and then just holds that edge(and quite deep too)... everything done so casually. His free legs just barely grazes the ice for a moment, his weight stays on his right foot the whole time

I mean, ok, for someone who can go from hydro in a flying entry into spin, or into 3A (

I noticed that, also the hydro into flying sit spin. I wonder how much time he's spent experimenting with the hydroblade because he does so much with it. 

Those deep outside forward edges look amazing no matter who does them, but Yuzu really sets the bar. His body lines are perfect. It's almost more fascinating watching him do that stuff than watching his jumps. 

7 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

pirateYuzu was one of his rare appearances in a (semi)comedic role, in a group number for The ICE 2011. Thanks to @kaeryth's media compilation for making it so easy to find all the links:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

direct link

ETA: LMAO @IceWings beat me to it:laughing:

I just barely beat you to it. I think I hit the Submit button a few seconds before you did. :agree2:

My thanks also to @kaeryth's media compilation. That's where I got the link! It's just a treasure trove of information.

5 hours ago, LadyLou said:

late to the party to comment on the Lotte CM, and pretty much all the gushing has been done altready:67638860:  but I wanted to remark on this hydroblade, since I haven't seen gifs or discussion about this:tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

NLmlD2.gif

I'm mesmerized by how Yuzu exits that hydro: he gets a little push with his hand, stands up, switches from inside to outside and then just holds that edge(and quite deep too)... everything done so casually. His free leg just barely grazes the ice for a moment, his weight stays on his right foot the whole time

And Holy Hannah, it's just so beautiful... other skaters can probably do it, but not with his grace and lightness.

8 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

There is a new video about Yuzuru Hanyu's name (and given name), with alternate meanings (I don't know their accuracy), and an extract of the previous one (which was in Japanese). This one is in English but has a lot of text in Japanese too.

Everything about Yuzu is just so symbolic and poetic. I found the violin move in Origin kind of a reference to his name as well. Feathers also symbolize him. 

In one of the interviews he did last season (can't remember which one) he mentioned that the fire burning inside him is a blue flame - a reference to the name of his autobiography. Fire also happens to be the element of Sagittarius - Yuzu's star sign.

I remember on Weibo, there was some post asking people if there was any man's name that automatically suggests that the owner of the name must be a handsome man. Many Fanyus replied saying Yuzuru Hanyu - such a beautiful name. Some even said they didn't actually know anything about Yuzu and only searched him up because they got curious what kind of man would have such a beautiful name - and were of course happy to learn that the owner of this name certainly lives up to it! 

15 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I remember on Weibo, there was some post asking people if there was any man's name that automatically suggests that the owner of the name must be a handsome man. Many Fanyus replied saying Yuzuru Hanyu - such a beautiful name.

Isn't the Chinese pronunciation of his name also supposed to have some kind of significance that implies beauty as well? I recall reading something about it once but not exactly what they said.