General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

To be fair, I believe baseball is even more popular than figure skating in Japan, amd the first guy looks like a baseballer... the third one, is that the tennis player?

Although it’s not a very good picture, Number One is, as @Veveco has already identified, Shohei Ohtani of the Los Angeles Angels. He is the first true two-way ballplayer since Babe Ruth – he is an ace pitcher and a designated hitter. He can throw 165 km/h (102.5 mph) fastballs and hit home runs. He is 193 cm tall (6’4”) and good-looking. He has also been challenged by injuries.

Shohei Ohtani and Yuzuru Hanyu have a number of things in common. They were both born in 1994 (Shohei in July) and in the Tohoku region. They both have a tremendous work ethic. They are both humble and likable. They admire and respect each other.

If Yuzu had to be second to anyone, you couldn’t pick a better one than Shohei Ohtani.

Rikako Ikee is a 20-year-old swimmer and was Japan’s great hope for the 2020 Summer Games until she was diagnosed with leukemia in February, 2019. I believe she is hoping to compete at the 2024 Paris Summer Games.

47 minutes ago, Kestrelz said:

By the way I have received the Traditional Chinese version of Aoi Honoo:cheer:

Would you guys like some poorly taken pictures of it?:LOL:

Yes of course! 

One thing about these commercials...I noticed it with the old Ghana CM footage too... Yuzu always uses his program choreo for them or else sneaks in a partial run-through while the crew is doing other stuff. He really never wastes an opportunity to practice a bit, does he? It's really smart. 

1 hour ago, IULIANA said:

Hi, guys! I like the `Yuzu in bloom` theme the best, is it the new one? Thank you for creating the wonderful themes. boy, you are really talented and hard wokers too! 

Thank you :D

The other themes are still available <3

15 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Not just in Japan - in the entire world. Yuzu's silhouette is probably the most recognizable one on this planet. The way he looks and moves - even just as a silhouette - is absolutely unique and impossible to mistake. :pouty:

That's how we can spot him even when he's a tiny, blurred, speck in the background of another TCC skater's video. :happy0007:

18 hours ago, Fay said:

Hey, it’s legally uploaded here - along with a translation into English 

I'm going to give Lotte a million clicks for blessing my eyes with this gorgeous CM! :5GOE:

18 hours ago, TallyT said:

It caught Yuzu's otherworldly magic, the camera work was superb. We just needed it to be loooooooonger.......

Yep, it needs to be a 30 minute infomercial.

18 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

The behind-the-scenes vid just dropped too!! We are so spoiled tonight we'll survive for a few more weeks!!

Nah, I still want my virtual Media Day. Drop it, Zuzu. :snonegai:

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

Thank you :D

The other themes are still available <3

Yes, I know, some times I visit them, I find it soothing, I dont know why, but my favorite one still remains the Oly 2018. The feathered one is also just so full of magic! it says everything!

52 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

SEIMEI fireworks~ If someone can roughly translate what's being said it'd be greatly appreciated~

Also the music arrangement is pretty close to what Yuzu used, even the bam at the end, no? 

Ah I love this! Japan is so amazing!

Just started a taped (and unrelated) show, and the tape had caught the end credots for the preceding repeat of the Men's GPF from last year... my sister looked at the slowmo of Yuzu mid-Origin, said mildly "oh he's graceful, lovely costume, is that one of the ones you follow?" :nod2:

Ten seconds of slowmo Nathan followed, and she wrinkled her nose (I don't think his daggy yellow went down nearly as well) and went "not as nice to watch..." I doubt she'll take up watching - she's into fencing in a BIG way, it's her sport to watch and play - but it was nice to hear anyway :)

57 分, amylance1215さんが言いました:

SEIMEI fireworks~ If someone can roughly translate what's being said it'd be greatly appreciated~

Also the music arrangement is pretty close to what Yuzu used, even the bam at the end, no? 

57 分, amylance1215さんが言いました:

The sentence is ....

Many fireworks are cancelled because of Corona. However this is held by private sponcer. It's too wonderful to be held by individual. Thank you for the sponsor and Japanese Tohoku wireworks association. This firework is performed with the music SEIMEI Yuzuru Hanyu used at the Olinpics.

The nalation at the beginning is ...

The duram beats  to the sky , the Japanese flute which respond them let all souls calm down . Then new world gonna be opened when it stomps  the ground.

It's as if wind blew through the darkness.

My English isn't so good,so this is so rough but I hope it's helpful😄

3 minutes ago, Yukok said:

The sentence is ....

Many fireworks are cancelled because of Corona. However this is held by private sponcer. It's too wonderful to be held by individual. Thank you for the sponsor and Japanese Tohoku wireworks association. This firework is performed with the music SEIMEI Yuzuru Hanyu used at the Olinpics.

The nalation at the beginning is ...

The duram beats  to the sky , the Japanese flute which respond them let all souls calm down . Then new world gonna be opened when it stomps  the ground.

It's as if wind blew through the darkness.

My English isn't so good,so this is so rough but I hope it's helpful😄

Thank you so much for this translation. I understood it well  :thankssign:

I find it very fitting and sweet that they used Yuzu's SEIMEI to boost the locals' spirit and drive the demons (Corona) away!

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

Damn, fireworks never fail to get me emotional :crybaby: