General Yuzuru Chat

Goats inspiring each other :coolio:

Asked if he is into a sport other than gymnastics, Uchimura mentioned figure skating and a fellow Japanese Olympic legend who he admires and is inspired by.

"There are a lot of similarities with figure skating and gymnastics", Uchimura said. "I watched Hanyu Yuzuru’s performance in PyeongChang.

"I would love to give (figure skating) a go but I wouldn’t be able to pull it off. I’ve never skated in my life, and my ankles are totally shot".

10 hours ago, Paskud said:

He looks like in juniors.:tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

10 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I had the same thought when I saw the picture. :)

It's funny because my first reaction to the pictures was almost the opposite :laughing:

In this one in particular, he looks very... mature? He's all grown up...

jiq8j4U.png?1

34 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Goats inspiring each other :coolio:

Great! As to ankles, Yuzuru Hanyu must think exactly the same of his own.

15 minutes ago, Veveco said:

It's funny because my first reaction to the pictures was almost the opposite :laughing:

jiq8j4U.png?1

So was mine. Not old (on some photos around Nationals he looked so worried that it made him look older than usual) but "the real man", grown up and all.

He has such a variety of facial expressions! No manga or anime drawer could have invented his wealth of expressions.

11 hours ago, Paskud said:

He looks like in juniors.:tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

11 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I had the same thought when I saw the picture. :)

1 hour ago, Kikooo said:

Wow he looks cute and sexy at the same time😭

44 minutes ago, Veveco said:

jiq8j4U.png?1

32 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

So was mine. Not old (on some photos around Nationals he looked so worried that it made him look older than usual) but "the real man", grown up and all.

He has such a variety of facial expressions! No manga or anime drawer could have invented his wealth of expressions.

That’s the versatility, magic, “gap”, whatever of Yuzuru Hanyu. He can look game face scary one second and squishy cute the next. Movie idol smoking hot in one picture and innocent smiling teenaged-boy-next-door in another. Or, as @Kikooo said, cute and sexy at the same time. Yuzu is a man-boy of countless faces.

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

jiq8j4U.png?1

Same for me.:agree2:

My first reaction was: he looks soooooo mature............and well, a little bit hot:fire:

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

jiq8j4U.png?1

He's matured into a man, but at the same time, ageless, and his looks are so fluid and changeable like liquid diamond. 

IMO, if you go back to 2017 and look at the youngsters coming up then - Nathan, Boyang, Shoma, Mikhail, Nam - and Yuzu and then look at them in pictures now, I really think casual people might pick him as the youngest, even over Shoma (and definitely over Nathan and Nam who are a few years his junior).

Kecvin Reynolds is another I thought always looked very young (though in his case it was adorably hobbity, not adorably ice prince)

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

That’s the versatility, magic, “gap”, whatever of Yuzuru Hanyu. He can look game face scary one second and squishy cute the next. Movie idol smoking hot in one picture and innocent smiling teenaged-boy-next-door in another. Or, as @Kikooo said, cute and sexy at the same time. Yuzu is a man-boy of countless faces.

As he himself has said, it's his selling point. :9: