General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I daresay it would be like that even if both of them had the same native language. I think Yuzu's just a complex thinker with a lot to say. it must be frustrating as heck for him when he isn't able to express exactly what he wants to say because of lack of fluency in English. 

I mean, it's not that Yuzuru doesn't have a good grip on the English language, it's just that he needs to refine it better that's all. When I was little I had trouble with it too (especially with my learning disability) and even now I still have trouble wording my phrases properly.That's why he is struggling to word his sentences in English, so he may feel his vocabulary is limited. If he's around an Japanese-English interpreter, he can ask them to help him with more difficult words that he knows in Japanese. Reading more often is another way to expand your vocabulary too. I should know this as I am learning both Cantonese and Japanese, so I understand the many hurdles of language learning. I am more fluent in the former and entering OJLS for Japanese (don't know how to speak it yet just reading and writing). 

It seems that a NHK program "Nehorin Pahorin" - People whose lives have changed because of Yuzuru Hanyu,  will be aired again on 24th July (Fri) .

This may be difficult for non-Japanese speakers, but the content is what you will surely nod.  I should have downloaded the video on Dailymotion, but it has been deleted already.

There are three women and they say;

"When I saw him for the first time at Sochi Olympics on TV, it was just like seeing electricity in primitive times."  - she got out of her delinquent school life, and now she is working as a careworker hoping to help others like Yuzuru. 

"I was like wandering into a different spacial dimension with the time and space being distorted when I watched his EX (swan) performed at Pyeongchang" - she divorced after years of struggling, and sold her art works for the activities as a Fanyu.  "There is a living art work, so I no longer need my art collection." 

"I was childcare neurotic and spending rough days before knowing Yuzuru.  Now just thinking about him makes me calm down." -  now she can think about how to use her time and realized how valuable her children are.

https://tver.jp/episode/74652146

https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/trend/0307/gad_190307_7204967269.html

https://www.nhk-ondemand.jp/program/P201400124100000/

One thing very impressive was that they never wait him coming out from the competition venue or hotel.

"As he is an athlete, it should not be forgotten that we are allowed to see his life, and there are some things he shows us and some things he doesn't, so it's a breach of manners to forcibly go to see something he is not showing."   

Great fans :yes:

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

It seems that a NHK program "Nehorin Pahorin" - People whose lives have changed because of Yuzuru Hanyu,  

There's a name for it? This concept of having one's life changed by someone is really a thing in Japanese culture, as far as I can tell. It's always talked about in anime and manga, and the four wonderful Japanese ladies standing in front of me in the queue at ACI '19 seemed extremely delighted when I told them I started learning Japanese because of Yuzu, and they declared "Oh, he changed your life!!" with such joyfulness that it made me wonder. Does anyone know why this is so significant there? I'd love to understand it better...

45 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Omg ... he looks totally gorgeous :loveeyes: ... It's too much to hope for an online media day maybe somewhere in August? Pretty please ...

new pics? new content? (even if it might just be a bit of those hoarded old footage they hide?)

GIMME GIMME!!!:chase::smiley-happy093:

the day suddenly looks brighter:10636614:

9 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I don't know who would be interested, but with some forum functionality we just got recently, we also get this "wiki" functionality where articles can be jointly edited by the community! I was thinking since we sometimes get new fans asking about resources for getting into Yuzu, or for learning figure skating basics, and there are a lot of threads/blogs/news floating around the web, not all of it accurate, we could maybe contribute jointly to a few articles?

Again, not sure who would be interested. But anyone who is -- please check it out and test it out! You should all be able to edit! As well as create new wikis! (The revision history does get saved too, but unfortunately I can't figure out how to make that public. I think only admins can see it right now.)

this look very interesting! do you think it's ok to add the glossary too? maybe not all, but some parts more about Yuzuru?

4 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

It seems that a NHK program "Nehorin Pahorin" - People whose lives have changed because of Yuzuru Hanyu,  will be aired again on 24th July (Fri) .

This may be difficult for non-Japanese speakers, but the content is what you will surely nod.  I should have downloaded the video on Dailymotion, but it has been deleted already.

There are three women and they say;

"When I saw him for the first time at Sochi Olympics on TV, it was just like seeing electricity in primitive times."  - she got out of her delinquent school life, and now she is working as a careworker hoping to help others like Yuzuru. 

"I was like wandering into a different spacial dimension with the time and space being distorted when I watched his EX (swan) performed at Pyeongchang" - she divorced after years of struggling, and sold her art works for the activities as a Fanyu.  "There is a living art work, so I no longer need my art collection." 

"I was childcare neurotic and spending rough days before knowing Yuzuru.  Now just thinking about him makes me calm down." -  now she can think about how to use her time and realized how valuable her children are.

https://tver.jp/episode/74652146

https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/trend/0307/gad_190307_7204967269.html

https://www.nhk-ondemand.jp/program/P201400124100000/

One thing very impressive was that they never wait him coming out from the competition venue or hotel.

"As he is an athlete, it should not be forgotten that we are allowed to see his life, and there are some things he shows us and some things he doesn't, so it's a breach of manners to forcibly go to see something he is not showing."   

Great fans :yes:

thank you for bringing this :thanks:

wow, those are some pretty inspiring stories on their own:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: and always heartwarming when fans are that considerate otwards Yuzuur. It reminds me of how we barely had any info about Yuzu staying in Japan, Sendai people and the rest of Japan seem to be doing well in leaving him his privacy:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg: