General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

If there are people who ordered hand towels at Yuzuru Exhibits here...it seems like the demand for them is too high.

As a result,

7月1日昼頃までの申込=2020年8月下旬までにお届け予定
7月1日昼頃~7月10日頃までに申込=10月中旬までにお届け予定
7月10日以降に申込=11月下旬までにお届け予定
※衣装ハンドタオルの種類により時期が前後する可能性あり

Orders placed by around noon at July 1 = Your towels will be delivered by late August

Orders placed between noon at July 1 and July 10 = Your towels will be delivered by mid October

Orders placed after July 10 = Your towels will be delivered by late November

Maybe hand towels they initially prepared went out of stock in the morning of July 1, that was the first day of Yuzuru Exhibits. :surprised_pikachu:

Sorry, so if you didn’t make in the first few moments, your order gets delayed by two months? 
I do want the figures for final revenue. 

31 minutes ago, Fay said:

Sorry, so if you didn’t make in the first few moments, your order gets delayed by two months? 

As far as I remember, the sale began at 10 o'clock in the morning of July 1st, so if you finished order process in the first two hours, you'll get the towels by late August.

Otherwise, the delivery will be delayed for 2 or 3 months. I suppose there might be lack of man power at production factory due to Corona virus.

7 hours ago, IceWings said:

I think it's this Sekkisei Instagram/Twitter live interview:

And here is part of the translation where he says he does not do skin care, but should try harder to do that.  :67638860:

Thank you so much! 

Thought I'd share this video I found - nice to see Yuzu in it at the end, and also interesting to see how much the sport has evolved over more than a century... 

2 часа назад, daisyjune сказал:

If there are people who ordered hand towels at Yuzuru Exhibits here...it seems like the demand for them is too high.

As a result,

7月1日昼頃までの申込=2020年8月下旬までにお届け予定
7月1日昼頃~7月10日頃までに申込=10月中旬までにお届け予定
7月10日以降に申込=11月下旬までにお届け予定
※衣装ハンドタオルの種類により時期が前後する可能性あり

Orders placed by around noon at July 1 = Your towels will be delivered by late August

Orders placed between noon at July 1 and July 10 = Your towels will be delivered by mid October

Orders placed after July 10 = Your towels will be delivered by late November

Maybe hand towels they initially prepared went out of stock in the morning of July 1, that was the first day of Yuzuru Exhibits. :surprised_pikachu:

Japan post doesn't deliver here for now, so I can wait till October, maybe it'll work by then ))

2 часа назад, Fay сказал:

I think the wait for pre-ordered Ghana chocolate with Yuzu photos cover or Japan post goods was also about 2 months production, so I guess the demand was more in these desperate times :rolleyes:

On 7/21/2020 at 11:45 AM, FlyingCamel said:

Never bought any Sekkisei products before because I'm a broke undergrad but if I do get them next time, will it make my skin as flawless as Yuzu's? :nod2:

Impossible! (he has alien skin, after all)

I've never put much effort into skincare (blessed genetically with youthful skin) but the products ARE very good and my skin has never felt better when I do us them. I spent maybe $100 around a year ago and I am nowhere near to using them up...

so, is it just me, or is anyone else compulsively rewatching Yuzu's appearance on the I$U Aw@rds video daily???

I just cannot get over how WONDERFUL his English is! I know he had prepared his answers and undoubtedly rehearsed (something we don't get during a post-comp press conference), but still the phrases he uses and the 'tonality'(? I'm no linguist)- you can tell he understands and is emulating how English speaking people talk.

My favorite parts (during Costume nominee segment) is talking about 'Figure skating LOVERS' (its so cute how he says lovers lol) and when he talks about himself in the 3rd person, 'it has to be Yuzuru...', with that little 'smirk' (he's laughing at himself and how serious he is lol)

He's showing us a new persona, but I can't quite identify what it is, 'professional media rep'? Or 'future spokesman for the I$U'?

Plus: 'Let me correct you...' :loveshower: Is he saying the award of Most Valuable Skater is 'invalid' because you can't compete with just one skater? It seems like he was expecting a slightly different question/statement when he responded... but still its entirely ADORABLE :hairflip:

48 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

so, is it just me, or is anyone else compulsively rewatching Yuzu's appearance on the I$U Aw@rds video daily???

I just cannot get over how WONDERFUL his English is! I know he had prepared his answers and undoubtedly rehearsed (something we don't get during a post-comp press conference), but still the phrases he uses and the 'tonality'(? I'm no linguist)- you can tell he understands and is emulating how English speaking people talk.

My favorite parts (during Costume nominee segment) is talking about 'Figure skating LOVERS' (its so cute how he says lovers lol) and when he talks about himself in the 3rd person, 'it has to be Yuzuru...', with that little 'smirk' (he's laughing at himself and how serious he is lol)

He's showing us a new persona, but I can't quite identify what it is, 'professional media rep'? Or 'future spokesman for the I$U'?

Plus: 'Let me correct you...' :loveshower: Is he saying the award of Most Valuable Skater is 'invalid' because you can't compete with just one skater? It seems like he was expecting a slightly different question/statement when he responded... but still its entirely ADORABLE :hairflip:

I watched the segments quite a bit too - what’s hilarious is that in effect his English turned out to be more complicated in vocabulary and syntax than that of Nathan, say. 

4 hours ago, Fay said:

I watched the segments quite a bit too - what’s hilarious is that in effect his English turned out to be more complicated in vocabulary and syntax than that of Nathan, say. 

I daresay it would be like that even if both of them had the same native language. I think Yuzu's just a complex thinker with a lot to say. it must be frustrating as heck for him when he isn't able to express exactly what he wants to say because of lack of fluency in English. 

I don't know who would be interested, but with some forum functionality we just got recently, we also get this "wiki" functionality where articles can be jointly edited by the community! I was thinking since we sometimes get new fans asking about resources for getting into Yuzu, or for learning figure skating basics, and there are a lot of threads/blogs/news floating around the web, not all of it accurate, we could maybe contribute jointly to a few articles?

Again, not sure who would be interested. But anyone who is -- please check it out and test it out! You should all be able to edit! As well as create new wikis! (The revision history does get saved too, but unfortunately I can't figure out how to make that public. I think only admins can see it right now.)

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

I don't know who would be interested, but with some forum functionality we just got recently, we also get this "wiki" functionality where articles can be jointly edited by the community! I was thinking since we sometimes get new fans asking about resources for getting into Yuzu, or for learning figure skating basics, and there are a lot of threads/blogs/news floating around the web, not all of it accurate, we could maybe contribute jointly to a few articles?

Again, not sure who would be interested. But anyone who is -- please check it out and test it out! You should all be able to edit! As well as create new wikis! (The revision history does get saved too, but unfortunately I can't figure out how to make that public. I think only admins can see it right now.)

Wow, this seems really interesting! I opened it up to take a look, but I freaked out :facepalm: , so here I am...heh heh heh. Is everyone allowed to contribute, and is there a particular way of organization? I would really like to add to the wiki, but I'm relatively new here, so I'm not sure that I have the right to? 

Um, sorry about this mess of a comment, but I am curious about this wiki and would love to know more! :thanks:

22 minutes ago, Hope_and_Legacy said:

Wow, this seems really interesting! I opened it up to take a look, but I freaked out :facepalm: , so here I am...heh heh heh. Is everyone allowed to contribute, and is there a particular way of organization? I would really like to add to the wiki, but I'm relatively new here, so I'm not sure that I have the right to? 

Um, sorry about this mess of a comment, but I am curious about this wiki and would love to know more! :thanks:

Anyone can add anything! I don't really have any plans for any official kind of oversight over the wiki right now, but at least the changes are all saved in case we want to revert back to an original change. It would be cool if we could collaborate and consolidate on some sort of intro to Yuzuru Hanyu page for new fans with many different sections of interesting interviews, videos, trivia tidbits, etc.

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Anyone can add anything! I don't really have any plans for any official kind of oversight over the wiki right now, but at least the changes are all saved in case we want to revert back to an original change. It would be cool if we could collaborate and consolidate on some sort of intro to Yuzuru Hanyu page for new fans with many different sections of interesting interviews, videos, trivia tidbits, etc.

Wow, thank you so much! It makes me happy that we now have something like this. I know most official info about Yuzuru (WRs and what not,) but I've always had trouble finding trivia tidbits about him, so hopefully with this wiki for everyone to contribute to, we'll all learn some more about Yuzu! :665e343793b9:Thank you for clearing things up and answering my questions!!! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: