General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

Last year's juniors will have new, Kaori new SP. As for Yuzu he can make new and recycle next season (if he'll aim for it) or... Chopin 5.0? :deal:

I really got the feeling that he wants something new. Even if the all we get this season are the ashes of what would have been without covid, I think we are likely to see (or at least hear of) new programs from Yuzu. I want to use words like renew, refresh, rebirth. Not because I think he needs it or anything, but I just got the impression that he burnt out a bit last season and got a bit stuck. I think the return to his old programs gave him the chance at 4CC to catch his breath and almost like purify himself of whatever was weighing him down, and that the next season will be him redefining himself. Although, I do think he has probably already done that within himself - so the season will be more like the debut/unveiling of that to the skating community. I can't imagine he'd do that with recycled programs unless he makes a competitive program out of show or gala programs. I think if  Notte Stellata was reworked as a SP it would possibly overthrow Seimei as the quintessential  Yuzu program, but I don't see that happening (as much as I wish). 

14 minutes ago, memae said:

I really got the feeling that he wants something new. Even if the all we get this season are the ashes of what would have been without covid, I think we are likely to see (or at least hear of) new programs from Yuzu. I want to use words like renew, refresh, rebirth. Not because I think he needs it or anything, but I just got the impression that he burnt out a bit last season and got a bit stuck. I think the return to his old programs gave him the chance at 4CC to catch his breath and almost like purify himself of whatever was weighing him down, and that the next season will be him redefining himself. Although, I do think he has probably already done that within himself - so the season will be more like the debut/unveiling of that to the skating community. I can't imagine he'd do that with recycled programs unless he makes a competitive program out of show or gala programs. I think if  Notte Stellata was reworked as a SP it would possibly overthrow Seimei as the quintessential  Yuzu program, but I don't see that happening (as much as I wish). 

I have also the impression he will give us two new programs (I say give, because there will be at least Japanese Nationals, won't there? so we will be able to watch them.)
I wouldn't like Notte Stellata to be made into a short program though, because its "slow rhythm" (I should rather say "appearance of slowness") would be lost.

16 minutes ago, memae said:

Didn’t Yuzuru say he will be getting new programs? That’s what I remember haha.

Right now Seimei is definitely his most iconic program, but I don’t think it’s impossible for him to make a new program that is even more iconic! 

3 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I have also the impression he will give us two new programs (I say give, because there will be at least Japanese Nationals, won't there? so we will be able to watch them.)
I wouldn't like Notte Stellata to be made into a short program though, because its "slow rhythm" (I should rather say "appearance of slowness") would be lost.

I’m with you, I like Notte Stellata as a gala 🥰 

Late to the COC 2014 topic.

I don't have any intention of adding doom and gloom to the thread right now, as I've pretty much spent my negative energy quota for the day and am in no mood to think about how terrible this event was.

On to the positive.

I just wanted to mention that I looooove the end of Yuzu's first spin :girlsigh: I love how he transitions from the A-spin to an upright spin with one bent knee (what do you call this, a twizzle spin? :think:), raising his hands in a flourish to the music. Beautiful. Also, with the head bandage on, it almost felt as tragic as the Phantom himself.

I thought it was a very nice touch, my favourite 'standing upright' spin from any skater. Maybe it's because Yuzu's twizzles are so aesthetically pleasing that this spin looks good too? He just looked so, how should I say it, grand with the hand flourish? So authoritative and in control. How does he manage to look good while so injured?? 

The first time I finally had the courage to watch this, I was almost squeezing my eyes shut throughout, until that spin. It really caught my eye.

Okay, that's enough rambling from me! :bye-smiley:

If Yuzu might possibly be looking at something old to recycle my recommendation would be to go way back and not simply recycle but revamp.  My recommendation would be RJ1 and PW.  PW was his most successful program, being largely responsible for his victory at Sochi (because of the huge lead he brought into the free program) and 4 SP records.  The two programs are far enough back that very few will remember them so they will seem almost new.  If he goes for new programs, I would guess he already has the music chosen and edited, with the programs laid out in terms of the larger details.  After that he might Zoom with his usual choreographers and start fleshing out the pieces.  If the season does happen, with my thinking that if there is a season it will be highly truncated with just the various national championships and maybe Europeans and 4CC followed by Worlds.  As mentioned in a previous post, however, my thinking is that the season will not occur.  Once any cancellation occurs, however, you can be sure that Yuzu and every other skater still in the mix will start preparing for Beijing.

5 hours ago, Lunna said:

Last year's juniors will have new, Kaori new SP. As for Yuzu he can make new and recycle next season (if he'll aim for it) or... Chopin 5.0? :deal:

Think about it...he's had all this time away from his coaches to do whatever he wants on the ice. I don't just expect new programs, I expect him to give us all a heart attack or two with his program content.

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

So pretty :10636614:

Oh my God. I want the Origin one.

Also, about freaking time Sekkisei put out more Yuzu stuff. Isn't he supposed to be their global muse? But I still haven't seen his posters at my local Shopper's Drug Mart yet....*grumbling in fanyu*

The world may need more Canada *, but Canada needs more Yuzu!

*this is a silly bookstore advertising slogan here. Don't take it too seriously.

somehow Sekkisei recycling comp pics feels so on brand with Yuzu :68468287:

on the other hand, he looks so otherwordly in pics (seriously, he has no right to look that good during a compettition:8788161:), why should one even bother with a new photoshoot? It turns out even more useful when one needs to do social distancing :clapclap4:

I'm torn, I wish I could have the pretty too, but also, thankful that my wallet is spared:67638860:

4 hours ago, Lunna said:

or... Chopin 5.0? :deal:

LMAO I almost wish he did that just for the entertainment of watching certain journos' brains explode:rofl3:

still, from his words at 4CC it felt he wanted to start anew and in these months he's had quite some time to munch over what to do (and pick music:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:). Additionally, getting new programs now and recycling them next season does sound like a good strategy, too.

Hoping he'll drop some more hints about his plans before his first comp tho especially since it looks like his first comp might not be in the foreseeable future:13877886:

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

Haha, who are #1 and #2 though?

Yuzuru, probably, side eyeing that 3位 next to his name: :judgmental::waffle::disdain:

4 часа назад, memae сказал:

I really got the feeling that he wants something new

I was mostly joking about 5.0, I also felt like he wants smth new (he said himself), cuz mood shifted, maybe priorities shifted etc.

Instead of Notte Stellata I would prefer Swan Lake even if it's warhorse, but it's a warhorse for a reason.