General Yuzuru Chat

Guest turquoiseblue
1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Also on a lighter note: it's not really Yuzu-related, but will definitely cheer us up! Also, would a proper Scotsman's kilt be considered a costume violation? 

He got permission from ISU to perform in a kilt :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Oooh, exciting! 

Also on a lighter note: it's not really Yuzu-related, but will definitely cheer us up! Also, would a proper Scotsman's kilt be considered a costume violation? 

Sorry still OT but ...Love them so much, one of my all time fave ID team, always brought sunshine & energy in my heart ! <3:68271401: 

Spoiler

I love the spanish comment one, Muchas Gracias Paloma! 

2 hours ago, EternalSpin said:

I've never seen this before! 

OMG they're so bold

In the kiss&cry he kinda doesn't know how to sit:grin:

The version they did at Worlds that year is even better, some really great hydroblade action:

(and I see @野生の花 Yasei no hana beat me to it!) 

It's so unusual to see a man skating with bare legs. Even Keegan put tights on for his caveman routine. 

2 hours ago, barbara said:

Sure beats wearing a half Nazi/half concentration camp costume -that one should have been disallowed.)

No kidding. 

13 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The version they did at Worlds that year is even better, some really great hydroblade action:

https://youtu.be/-GPf5Y9hl2I

It's so unusual to see a man skating with bare legs. Even Keegan put tights on for his caveman routine. 

*the link I put under spoiler, in memory to the great Paloma del Rio Cañadas<3:softYuzu: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paloma_del_Río 

NEUDC Paloma Recortada.jpg

Guest turquoiseblue
1 hour ago, 野生の花 Yasei no hana said:

welcome back @turquoiseblue !!!  :67638860: <3

Thank you :10742289:

Did he really? Whaddaya know...even dinosaurs can bend on occasion. 

I read that somewhere back then but I don't remember the source. I just googled it and here is what I found:

First, they made history when John wore a kilt in their Original Dance (OD), a Scottish folk dance. “When the Dance Committee announced the rules, we knew we had to do something to portray our Scottish-ness,” John explained. “It would be hard for us to be Russian gypsies.”

“As soon as it came out that it was ‘OK’ to wear the national dress, John was keen on doing a Scottish folk dance with a kilt,” Sinead said. “Our fans would have been disappointed if we didn’t do a Scottish dance. The music (Erin Shore and Auld Lang Syne by Robbie Burns) was very recognizable.” “Once we got the committee to accept wearing a kilt, it was a no-brainer,” John noted.

Unfortunately, the Kerrs couldn’t use their family Tartan for the kilts. “We were limited by the material,” Sinead explained. “We wanted red to stand out on the ice and something light enough that it wouldn’t weigh down the costumes. A full kilt is eleven yards of material.”

Source: GS Kerrs Continue to Push Dance Boundaries

I just rewatched his SP at Nationals in 2013. His 3Lz there was HUGE, like it should easily be almost twice the size of the 3T  :omg: 

Did he train the 4Lz already in 2013? Because I swear that thing has so much extra room, like more than one revolution can fit into it

PS: That is not to mention his 3A but holy hell, his 3Lz

For those of you willing to spend more money on Yuzu goodies :happy:, there is another way to get the 4 new Lotte gum clear files. You can get them through the Lotte online site, in a campaign that started today and lasts until next Sunday; they are made to order, so everyone who wants them can get them. However, you need to buy a pack of 6 family size bottles of lotte gum (family back is more than 2x as big as a regular one), which costs about 5000 Yen in total  (more or less a few yen); seems expensive, but it is a lot of gum :studsmatta: and may be worth it. You get one set of 4 different files with a purchase. Make sure you click on the Yuzu file pic when you access the online site and then add the gum through that link; after you add the gum to your cart, click on the cart. At that time, the clear files will not appear in the cart. Click the red link to go to the next step, at which you click on the brown link. The next screen should show your cart with the gum and 4 clear files set (0 Yen); then fill in the rest of your info.  You may have to fill out the address in Japanese, but I'm not sure, since you may not be able to finalize your order if you can't at least put your name in kana; don't know because I can type in Japanese on my system. Please make sure the files appear in your cart.  Maybe someone who has tried thisin English will post here.  You can view a translation of the site in English and I've been told they accept foreign credit cards. However, the package may be heavy 6 x 143 grams and don't know about overseas shipping.  I will just pay for mine via the convenience store since I'm in Japan.

To get them at Aeon grocery store, I think you need to buy 2 regular size containers for one file; however, this has not shown up at my local store yet. For those of you in Tokyo, Osaka, etc. , are the files available in Aeon yet? Meanwhile, my kids have a supply of gum for a while now :rofl2:!