General Yuzuru Chat

3 часа назад, Faithyu сказал:

If the ISU really wants to make it possible, there will be a season. I mean, Formula 1 is running again, (wo needs cars going around in circles.......).

Hey, cars are great too! And you can't compare the amount of money in F1 and FS. F1 negotiated races in Europe (some are 2 races in the same country instead of cancelled one - that's I call flexibility), so now they have minimum amount of races needed to be able to accomplish the season. Races in other countries are negotiated (Japan cancelled the one in October, on the other hand race in Russia in the end of September is confirmed). Promoters done a big job to plan events, provide test and I think have charter flights for all the teams - you really can't compare that level to the ISU.

5 часов назад, BrightonDogwoods сказал:

It will be hard to wait, but for sure HE is worth waiting for. In so many ways, this loooooonngg break might be incredibly good for him. He is so self motivated, I don't think he needs the impetus of an upcoming competition to stay focused. But now he has the time to work on that 4A and new programs at the pace he wants. No international travel to wear him out.

I agree that Yuzu can make a very good use of the time without comps and I'm sure he'll stay motivated as ever. The most concern is not only about very high possibility to loose GPs (here I am more concerned for skaters who will not be at the Worlds team and will be left without international comps at all), the worst will be if there will not be season(s) at all... but I really don't want to think about it now :59227c768286a__s:

31 minutes ago, barbara said:

Which one is the "despondent" emoji?

This one? :sadPooh:

But, if most of the season is cancelled, skaters will be recycling their programs left and right (like in this season), so there might be fewer complaints about recycling. 

14 минут назад, Melodie сказал:

But, if most of the season is cancelled, skaters will be recycling their programs left and right (like in this season), so there might be fewer complaints about recycling. 

Or those who will have new one will recycle next season (which will be understandable really)

5 hours ago, Faithyu said:

If the ISU really wants to make it possible, there will be a season. I mean, Formula 1 is running again, (wo needs cars going around in circles.......).

...at least F1 has more twists and turns (...alright, just turns), unlike, uh...NASCAR :p :p :p

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

Hey, cars are great too! And you can't compare the amount of money in F1 and FS.

...true.

I don't follow F1 closely but they do seem to be more responsible regarding the proper conduct in this pandemic era (...also it might be quite easy to maintain physical distance between athletes in FS (strictly speaking) but it is even easier to maintain distance in F1 ...you don't say!! 😅😂🏁)

6 hours ago, Lunna said:

Hey, cars are great too! And you can't compare the amount of money in F1 and FS. F1 negotiated races in Europe (some are 2 races in the same country instead of cancelled one - that's I call flexibility), so now they have minimum amount of races needed to be able to accomplish the season. Races in other countries are negotiated (Japan cancelled the one in October, on the other hand race in Russia in the end of September is confirmed). Promoters done a big job to plan events, provide test and I think have charter flights for all the teams - you really can't compare that level to the ISU.

Yes, there's a lot more money in F1. Also, car racing is overall an easier sport to social distance and wear masks, etc, I would think.

4 часа назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Yes, there's a lot more money in F1. Also, car racing is overall an easier sport to social distance and wear masks, etc, I would think.

I wouldn't say that much easier, for drivers yes, but usually teams have a lot of personnel: team bosses, mangers, mechanics etc., marshals and safety personnel to work during the race, even if they cut the amount of people now (can't say for sure I don't follow closely noways only occasionally). Easier part is they mostly don't need to come back to "training" base.

11 hours ago, Lunna said:

Okay, the example is a little bit lacking, of course F1 is financially very different.

What I mean is, if they are willing to do things a little bit differently, think creatively and beeing flexible they can come up with solutions on how to make a season work.
An F1 team consists of many people, I would imagin social distancing is more of a problem than with FS. In the FS you could limit the number of people to 1 or 2 per skater, 1 coach + 1 accompanying person, if this persson is really needed.
Testing, isolated accommodations, 2 events in the same venue (for less travelling), no visitors or less visitors.......

I just think there are ways to make a season possible, but in the end, it is up to the ISU.

2 минуты назад, Faithyu сказал:

What I mean is, if they are willing to do things a little bit differently, think creatively and beeing flexible they can come up with solutions on how to make a season work.

The main problem is creatively (with positive result at least) and flexibility were never associated with ISU, so no much faith in them here.