General Yuzuru Chat

17 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

[admin edit: getting too political]

15 hours ago, Veveco said:

NO. Stop saying the increase in US cases is merely due to more tests. It's absolutely inaccurate and I'm tired of people spreading misinformation. 

1) People are not tested randomly so there is no reason that the % positive case should remain the same. Lower % doesn't mean the spread is slowing down, it means the test is now open to more people and thus include population less at risk (in other words, when you have limited tests avalaible, you test the most suspect cases first so the % will be higher).

2) Hospitalization rates are also on the rise in several states. These are basically independent from testing, proving that it's not just the number of tests.

3) Death rates have also started to increase in several states in the past 2 weeks. Look at Texas. Look at Florida.

Sorry for the rant but I find this sort of denial insulting for the health care professionals who are still working crazy shifts and risking their lives with improper ppe on a daily basis. Now I'm going to take a walk to calm down.

Let's be perfectly clear. Testing has zero to do with cases.  Zero.  If we did no testing at all, there would still be close to 140K dead in the US - we just wouldn't know why.  The positivity rate is what matters.   And, seriously, think of testing this way: If I don't take a test, does that mean I can't be pregnant?  Can we avoid all cancers by just not testing?  And - the source of the false narrative - if testing is pointless, why does the president get one every day?  Now pushing kids going back to school as if nothing is wrong. Why educate people of you aren't going to listen to the educated ones?  Enough on my rant.

8 hours ago, Glory said:

Maybe they will just push back all comps a month or so

GP schedule is pretty tight so I don't know if they want to push back :( 

Let's say GP does happen as scheduled. It is likely that quarantine would still be required in some GP countries by then, so per standard, 14 days of staying still upon arrival. China and I think Japan are making this compulsory? 

Or maybe there can be a leeway or this to happen with the minimal number of participants, organizers and audience so the risks can be reduced, but that would mean incurring financial loss, esp. on the part of the organizers or even the athletes if they have to cover all the costs, alas what will happen in the Challengers this year. 

I don't know, maybe cancelling the GP series is better? 

I've been so spoiled these past few years, going to competitions once or twice a year to see Yuzu skate. It feels so strange now in July to not have ANY tickets in hand for the coming Fall season, and to have no idea when or where we might see Yuzu skate again. Maybe Christmas at Japanese nationals?

It will be hard to wait, but for sure HE is worth waiting for. In so many ways, this loooooonngg break might be incredibly good for him. He is so self motivated, I don't think he needs the impetus of an upcoming competition to stay focused. But now he has the time to work on that 4A and new programs at the pace he wants. No international travel to wear him out. Plushenko's advice to him after pyeongchang (I think) was that Yuzu can certainly keep competing for TWO MORE Olympic cycles, especially if he does limited # of competitions during the season, like skipping the Grand Prix. 

I am INCREDIBLY excited to see what he comes up with whenever he returns to competition!!! :PurpleBanana:

22 минуты назад, Melodie сказал:

Financially I think if they cancel GP ISU may not get TV money (though don't know how it works if at least part of the season is cancelled), so maybe still better to hold it without audience and with limited personnel (like press, etc.). At the same time I don't think it's possible for organizers to decide anything without consulting with country's host officials at least. So we must simply wait for decision.

22 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Off-current-topic but this tweet hasn't been shared here yet, has it?

I really hope this collab can happen! Even a virtual one, with Yuzu skating on one of Ikuko's pieces, would be AWESOME :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

And we know Yuzu can make awesome programs even getting choreo through vids:loveeyes: (or it might be the chance for working again with jpn choreographers!)

ETA: do we know anything about 24hTV? I know Yuzu partecipating is just a hope at the moment, but were other performers/partecipants announced?

12 hours ago, barbara said:

I wonder how set in stone this is - SCI bridges Oct into Nov - and there are only four other GP events before the final. If Yuzu (and Shoma and Rika) can't compete in two of the final four, they won't qualify for the Final - so would they compete in any at all?  Perhaps - and I am being as optimistic in these uncertain times as I can be - JSF will recognize that and allow the senior skaters to go to SCI (?). Otherwise, what? No international comps until 4CC?

4CC can't happen unless it's relocated, Australia has pretty well closed their borders until March 2021

10 hours ago, Glory said:

Maybe they will just push back all comps a month or so

That would be awesome. 

@sweetwater I was under the impression this was a new and different announcement...my bad. And I should have known better than to take IK at face value given how they go for the dramatic interpretation everytime 

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

GP schedule is pretty tight so I don't know if they want to push back :( 

Let's say GP does happen as scheduled. It is likely that quarantine would still be required in some GP countries by then, so per standard, 14 days of staying still upon arrival. China and I think Japan are making this compulsory? 

Or maybe there can be a leeway or this to happen with the minimal number of participants, organizers and audience so the risks can be reduced, but that would mean incurring financial loss, esp. on the part of the organizers or even the athletes if they have to cover all the costs, alas what will happen in the Challengers this year. 

If the ISU really wants to make it possible, there will be a season. I mean, Formula 1 is running again, (wo needs cars going around in circles.......).

With some planning it can be done and with minimal risk for athletes and coaches/staff.

So let's stay optimistic and wait and see, because that's all we can do :)

and why are all the emojis missing, I can't choose any because they aren't displayed.............:/

49 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

@sweetwaterI was under the impression this was a new and different announcement...my bad. And I should have known better than to take IK at face value given how they go for the dramatic interpretation everytime 

Are you mentioning my other post regarding JSF's announcement?
Well, it's not entirely the translator's fault. Some Japanese fans were sharing the article as if it had been a new one. (Well, it could have been new for them...) 

8 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Are you mentioning my other post regarding JSF's announcement?
Well, it's not entirely the translator's fault. Some Japanese fans were sharing the article as if it had been a new one. (Well, it could have been new for them...) 

Yes, that's what I was talking about. Anyway, I'm glad to have been in error. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

4CC can't happen unless it's relocated, Australia has pretty well closed their borders until March 2021

That would be awesome. 

@sweetwater I was under the impression this was a new and different announcement...my bad. And I should have known better than to take IK at face value given how they go for the dramatic interpretation everytime 

Well, Australia closed.  I am going to try and not slide into complete FS and Yuzu deprivation mode- at least until actual news of all competitions are announced.  How long can the ISU hold off announcing cancellation of the entire season?

56 minutes ago, barbara said:

Well, Australia closed.  I am going to try and not slide into complete FS and Yuzu deprivation mode- at least until actual news of all competitions are announced.  How long can the ISU hold off announcing cancellation of the entire season?

At least they can hold on to Sweden and the WC so I don't think cancellation of the ENTIRE season is in order anytime soon... (maybe 80% of it cos LOL)