General Yuzuru Chat

17 hours ago, memae said:

Or we could just have a dream, impractical solution: Tokyo 2022 Winter Games 

Let's say Tokyo Olys was moved to 2022 and thus replaced Beijing Olys 

=> Winter and Summer Olympics in the same year 

=> figure skating as a summer sport

=> back to the day when FS was not really a winter thing (AKA before 1920)

=> possibility of Hanyu Yuzuru making history following 

+ Ulrich Salchow in 1908

+ Gillis Grastrom in 1920 (Not counting 1924 and 1928 because FS was a winter sport in these 2 Games)

(+ landing 4A because why not :grin:)

=> GOAT xxxxxxxx times 

Sounds good to me :knc_brian1:

EDIT:

- If FS was to remain a winter sport for this Tokyo Olys, then Yuzu would make history because he would still have the opportunity to become the only skater to win 3 successive WINTER Olympics.

- If FS was a summer/winter sport for this Tokyo Olys, then Yuzu would make history just for attending (and very possibly winning) because it probably would be the only time when this wacko scenario could happen.

Whichever way, Hanyu Yuzuru would still go down in history as the very GOAT :space:

33 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I imagine Yuzu has done everything he needs to in preparing for getting back to the ice, using the rink in Sendai to keep himself in shape, choosing the music for this next season's programs, laying out ideas for costumes and such (don't forget, he edits his own music and has done so for some time).  I also have a feeling that he has probably finished much of the work he needs to do to earn his university degree.  He does not strike me as a person who likes to waste time.  In any case we have only one option, and that is to bear with the situation as events unfold.  At least we know that Yuzu is healthy and has access to ice.  

He certainly isn't! He did say that since skaters have a relatively short competitive career compared to many other sports, he wants to improve every single day. We love one hardworking boy :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

On 7/16/2020 at 9:16 AM, yuzuangel said:

Idk if we know yet if he actually wants to go to Beijing. It does seem like it but it's possible he himself doesn't know for sure. It's not something he needs to do, and even Yuzu knows that -- he's already the :goat:

Yuzu was asked about Beijing 2022 in an interview during or after the 2019 ACI and his reply was that if he was still competing and was confident of winning, he would do it, but if he thought he would lose, he would not. He said that he would never want to show a “buzama no sugata” – an ungraceful (ungainly, awkward, clumsy) appearance or version of himself.

During that same interview, he was asked whether he would feel satisfied if he successfully landed the quad Axel and he replied, with a laugh, “I may want to challenge the quad flip.”

Yuzu said that the more he challenged himself, the more he found that he wanted to challenge. Of course, this was before the rest of the season, but I don’t think that his motivation, competitive spirit and love of skating have waned.

I hope and pray that we find an effective vaccine for Covid-19 shortly for the sake of humanity and so that we can see Yuzu skating and competing at his best soon and at Beijing 2022.

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

Fanyu world domination progressing as planned :acceptable:

Was checking my phone at the beach and saw this. Showed this to my friend who is not a FS fan ( although she's tolerant of my fanyu ramblings) and she laughed. 

We've infiltrated the world. Next step, control the UN!

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Was checking my phone at the beach and saw this. Showed this to my friend who is not a FS fan ( although she's tolerant of my fanyu ramblings) and she laughed. 

We've infiltrated the world. Next step, control the UN!

I thought we wanted to fly to the Moon next... in a takeover of the Solar System. 

2 hours ago, Fay said:

I thought we wanted to fly to the Moon next... in a takeover of the Solar System. 

Not a bad idea. Get those aliens indoctrinated early.

Alien: *lands in Ueno Park*

Local passerby: :jaw:

Alien: Take me to your Hanyu.

Local passerby: :surprised_pikachu::nod2::snpeace:

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Local passerby: 😵

What happens if your random local passerby can’t do that? 
and does that mean aliens will be taking part in that dreadful scramble for tickets? 

On 7/16/2020 at 12:29 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

All I know for sure is that if he does go to Beijing, he'd go with the intent to win decisively, and that any sort of default win owing to competition being cancelled wouldn't be his first choice. 

So today we learn that maybe the Summer Olympics in Tokyo in July 2021 risks to be cancelled, next year, because the situation of Covid-19 is not getting better. If so, maybe the Winter Olympics in Beijing in February 2022 risks to be cancelled too, or at least many countries can not send a delegation . What does that mean is that many of the current senior skaters like Yuzuru, Nathan Chen etc...can not go to Beijing in 2022, unless they continue to compete for another 4 years until the next Olympics in 2026.

For me, not seeing Yuzuru skate in future competitions is very sad, but on the other hand, I think I don't want to see him being underscored by ISU judges again, to see them giving candies to Nathan Chen, to insure Nathan win by 50 points over Yuzuru.

At least for Nathan, it will be harder to win Olympics Gold medal in 2026, let alone to win two consecutive Olympic Gold medal in 2026 and 2030  like Yuzuru.

If so, I am OK with that. The American media will stop saying that Nathan beat Yuzuru with over 50 points.

19 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Local passerby: 😵

I thought with Yuzu (already) being an otherworldly creature (not of this earth) he has been already known among the aliens already, guess we still have to do the work :xD::LOL::9:

5 часов назад, barbara сказал:

So many of the cities hosting think they have to have all brand new venues and that's one area where they could save.

I think it's not only venues, it's also transport, infrastructure, top-level security etc. But sports now kinda is like partly entertainment industry, partly politics, so I don't see it going back to less money throwing.

33 minutes ago, Fay said:

and does that mean aliens will be taking part in that dreadful scramble for tickets? 

Oh, didn't think of that....but how could we possibly keep him a secret and impoverish their difficult alien lives even more?