General Yuzuru Chat

Have people seen this speculation  about Beijing 2022....and what may happen as a result of worsening relations between USA and China? Very interesting......

From theGuardian.com:

Beijing Winter Games could be cancelled if Tokyo Games don't happen in 2021

If the postponed Tokyo Olympics do not go ahead next year due to Covid-19 then the 2022 Beijing Winter Games is also likely to be cancelled, according to long-time International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound. Reuters reports:

The Beijing Winter Olympics are scheduled for Feb. 4 to 20, 2022, just six months after the Tokyo Summer Games, which are now set to be held from July 23 to Aug. 8, 2021 after being pushed back a year.

Pound, a Canadian lawyer who has served as both an IOC vice-president and head of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), also speculated on a range of scenarios, including one where a threat to the Beijing Games is not so much a U.S. boycott, but one where China might consider barring the U.S. from taking part if the country cannot gain control over the virus.

:sipping:

Dear fellow satellites :satellite:

Today I received some pictures from a good friend in Japan who visited an Irene shop in Kanagawa and I want to share them with you!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

15AdjsS.jpg

The board explains about the Great East Japan Earthquake and how the Irene charity goods are being sold to raise funds for reconstruction efforts. Yuzu's writing says: "Everyone, please cooperate! Let's move forwards together!" :img_21:

They also have these :68271262: on display, what a treasures!!!

jUfrIX8.jpg

If you are wondering where to find it, this is their address:

Atelier Shop F

3rd Floor,

2-17-27 Mizonokuchi,

Takatsu-ku,

Kawasaki-shi,

Kanagawa 213-0001

They have been extremely  kind and gave us permission to post here the pictures and their address. So if by any chance the persons in charge of the shop see this post, we thank you all for your great efforts and work! From my side, also warm regards and best wishes from Switzerland!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: 

P.S. Please also check the hashtag #CongratsYuzu :snpeace:

5 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

I saw that a lot Yuzuru youtube videos had been deleted/removed especially one with lots of views.Is it the same for other skaters too?

Hard to say, I don't think that many videos get posted for other skaters to start with. 

7 hours ago, Glory said:

I think i remember hearing something about how the carp was given back to the people that threw it for some reason?? I really don't know if I'm remembering right or it could have been something weird NBC said....

First I heard of it. I know the purse was given back LOL. 

3 hours ago, Pammi said:

Have people seen this speculation  about Beijing 2022....and what may happen as a result of worsening relations between USA and China? Very interesting......

From theGuardian.com:

Beijing Winter Games could be cancelled if Tokyo Games don't happen in 2021

If the postponed Tokyo Olympics do not go ahead next year due to Covid-19 then the 2022 Beijing Winter Games is also likely to be cancelled, according to long-time International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound. Reuters reports:

The Beijing Winter Olympics are scheduled for Feb. 4 to 20, 2022, just six months after the Tokyo Summer Games, which are now set to be held from July 23 to Aug. 8, 2021 after being pushed back a year.

Pound, a Canadian lawyer who has served as both an IOC vice-president and head of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), also speculated on a range of scenarios, including one where a threat to the Beijing Games is not so much a U.S. boycott, but one where China might consider barring the U.S. from taking part if the country cannot gain control over the virus.

:sipping:

Ugh. So many unknowns and variables for this situation... without getting into the politics of it, let me just say that I wonder about what Beijing 2022 will look like. China also needs to be in control of the virus in order to host. 

Either way, if both Tokyo and Beijing get cancelled, it might be the end for the Olympics as we know it. I hope not.

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ugh. So many unknowns and variables for this situation... without getting into the politics of the situation, let me just say that I wonder about what Beijing 2022 will look like. China also needs to be in control of the virus in order to host. 

Either way, if both Tokyo and Beijing get cancelled, it might be the end for the Olympics as we know it. I hope not.

maybe yuzu can be the reigning olympic champion in perpetuity

14 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Nice thought but I don't think he'd want to win that way...

if it’s cancelled though, he will still be the reigning champ...

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You know what I mean. He'd want to beat everyone for a third time fair and square. 

Idk if we know yet if he actually wants to go to Beijing. It does seem like it but it's possible he himself doesn't know for sure. It's not something he needs to do, and even Yuzu knows that -- he's already the :goat:

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Idk if we know yet if he actually wants to go to Beijing. It does seem like it but it's possible he himself doesn't know for sure. It's not something he needs to do, and it seems even Yuzu knows that. 

Yeah I think it’s possible even he himself doesn’t know the answer to that yet too. So many unknowns with regards to the future now, it’s hard to speculate anything...

Although I often wonder - If Yuzu lands a clean 4A in competition before Beijing, will he decide he’s satisfied and retire immediately, or will he be like “since the Olympics are coming and I have a clean 4A why not try to land it in the Olympics?”

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Idk if we know yet if he actually wants to go to Beijing. It does seem like it but it's possible he himself doesn't know for sure. It's not something he needs to do, and even Yuzu knows that -- he's already the :goat:

All I know for sure is that if he does go to Beijing, he'd go with the intent to win decisively, and that any sort of default win owing to competition being cancelled wouldn't be his first choice. 

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Same one! They were both Rostelecom '18. 

The carp: if you go back to the original tweet (below), and open up the thread and scroll down, you should see a picture of it. I tried finding video, but right now there's only shaky fancams of COR '18 that I can find. 

https://twitter.com/runrun8383/status/1283015754913247233?s=20

Now I really want a huge stuffed carp.:embSwan:it's funny how you never know what you're missing in life until you see it (just like discovering yuzu)