General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, jesenjin said:

I am sorry for the losses. Hang in there.

About Yuzu and love, as a lit major I dont think experiencing love necessarilly enriches artistic expression. After all, there are so many important diverse life experiences that artist can draw upon. However, I do think that theme of love in art is universally understandable and engaging for everyone. Id say that Yuzus programs lately give intellectual vibe more than something obviously depicting feeling, at least his copetitive ones. Success of Masquarade seems to be partly derived from the fact that it is obviously driven by feeling and passion. People in general respond to that. It would be interesting to see mature Yuzus take on romantic love or passion. Carmen, here we come:graucho:

we wouldn't survive Carmen,but it'd be worth the sacrifice:graucho:

not my business of course,but I've always noticed a lot of passion and sensuality in his skating but again whatever makes him happy of course!

7 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Tsuzuki-sensei is just being an Asian grandparent type. Yuzu is now 25 and turning 26 in less than 5 months, established and makes good money. That means it's time for a wife! or a bride, if we want to be poetic like Mikhail Kolyada :laughing:. So he'll start to hint.

It goes like this: "Oh Yuzu.....I'm really feeling my many many years today.....you know what would make me so happy before I die.....to see you happily settled down with your own family.....my final wish....."

But he isn't dying at all. This is so that Tsuzuki-sensei can get a new baby Hanyu to teach 2A out of a spread eagle to. :biggrin:

With regards to love - romantic love is nice if it happens to you, but by no means necessary. Celibate, aromantic, and asexual people may never seek out intimate or romantic relationships but they still enjoy a full and rich spectrum of human emotions and experiences.

Yuzu will go after the life he wants when he wants to do it, like always, and nobody needs to know about it, not even Tsuzuki-sensei. :wink_star:

asian grandparents are like italians(moms,aunts and the whole family too),either you settle down and start having kids or there's something wrong with you LOL

30 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hard to imagine him sitting all alone in the stands like that and no one noticing him now...

almost impossible...but look what a small mushroom he was !

7 hours ago, mercedes said:

we wouldn't survive Carmen,but it'd be worth the sacrifice:graucho:

not my business of course,but I've always noticed a lot of passion and sensuality in his skating but again whatever makes him happy of course!

I simply can't picture him doing  Carmen being any hotter than Masquerade was. 

Anyway, given how much fun Yuzu has with things like Masquerade and flirtily teasing the crowd at FaOi with towels and so forth, I doubt he's averse to finding a partner, and he certainly understands his appeal. When he finds the person he likes, and he turns all that charm on them and them alone,  - that person won't stand a chance. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I simply can't picture him doing  Carmen being any hotter than Masquerade was. 

Anyway, given how much fun Yuzu has with things like Masquerade and flirtily teasing the crowd at FaOi with towels and so forth, I doubt he's averse to finding a partner, and he certainly understands his appeal. When he finds the person likes, and he turns all that charm on them and them alone,  - that person won't stand a chance. 

He’s mentioned Aragaki Yui is his ideal type right? 

13 hours ago, LadyLou said:

as for the love discourse, Yuzuru could be aromantic and utterly disinterested in pursuing romantic love for what we know :P

And well, his "intention" to marry at 25 had probably sunk the moment he has scrapped all his previous plans to retire after PyeongChang and he chose to dedicate himself to comps for a little more (tho I reckon he still has time to pull a Kolyada :68468287: gosh today's boys are so chaotic)

I think for a lot of people, 25 sounds like a good age to get married until you actually are 25 lol. I always thought 25 would be perfect, but now that I'm a couple of years passed it, I'm glad for it. I mean, I do have mixed feelings about it, but I do think I have grown to appreciate who I am because of who I grew into with the independence of not being married. I would have been happy to marry at 25, and I'm sure I would be happy now if it had gone that way, but I am very okay now with not having gotten married at 25. 

25 sure seems old and grown up before you're 25. I don't think you realise quite what you're still going to be capable of or what you're still going to be passionate about or wanting to do past a certain age when you're young and thinking of the future. Yuzu probably looked at other skaters before him. It is a sport marked by short careers. He still had the motivation to overcome his injuries where a lot of others tried but ultimately chose to retire. He probably thought after a 2nd OGM he wouldn't hunger for more - what more is there? Well, we know now. And we know he wants it. I think the more he worked on improving overall and on landing the 4A, the more he's realised he not only can keep going but that he really, really wants to. He had no way of knowing that when he was younger, when he still thought of 25 as old. 

On 7/15/2020 at 2:00 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

Well I used autotranslate to scroll through the thread there, and quite a few of the Japanese replies are having fun mentioning the giant stuffed golden carp that was tossed to Yuzu at CoR...it was a pretty big carp, but I guess not big enough...:yuzushrug:

I didn't know he got a stuffed carp:tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw: Are there any photos of it?

39 minutes ago, Glory said:

I remember seeing the Golden carp!

Lol remember when a lady threw down her purse by accident? She got too excited!! Not sure what comp or year that was...

Same one! They were both Rostelecom '18. 

The carp: if you go back to the original tweet (below), and open up the thread and scroll down, you should see a picture of it. I tried finding video, but right now there's only shaky fancams of COR '18 that I can find. 

https://twitter.com/runrun8383/status/1283015754913247233?s=20

Asuka says, "When I overcome the hardest time and am back to the competition (near future), I think I will be moved and might cry.", "Origin, the music Hanyu-kun has used, I want to use it and my goal is to dance in it to the fullest." :smiley-happy105:

On 7/15/2020 at 1:00 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

Well I used autotranslate to scroll through the thread there, and quite a few of the Japanese replies are having fun mentioning the giant stuffed golden carp that was tossed to Yuzu at CoR...it was a pretty big carp, but I guess not big enough...:yuzushrug:

I think i remember hearing something about how the carp was given back to the people that threw it for some reason?? I really don't know if I'm remembering right or it could have been something weird NBC said....