General Yuzuru Chat

Woah this is so beautiful! 

2 hours ago, jesenjin said:

Oh sure, thats why I said lately. His musings on love have to be at least a little different now, considering our perception matures with us and it would be interesting to see. He is by no means obligated, of course. In regards to POTO, I always viewed it at least half-intellectual, considering the theme is unhealthy love. Something like that movie Gone girl, romance and psychological thriller. On another note, do you think skaters who skate on larger lobes generally have better skating skills? Ive noticed it with Yuzu, Patrick and Kaori for example... Even they turns are very noticable and clear. I cant tell which turn it is without slow motion, but they take time with them, make them rythmic and elegant, and its very satisfying to watch.

Ahh I see, fair enough! I missed the part where you said “lately” haha 🙈

6 hours ago, sweetwater said:

As to ”koi,” I don't believe that someone can empathize with others so easily and deeply as Yuzu hasn't experienced romantic love, but who am I to disagree with Tsuzuki sensei? I didn't even notice his comment about koi when I read this article first myself :68468287: since its focus was on 4A. (The Japanese article is devoting much more space to describe how Tsuzuki sensei looked happy while analyzing Yuzu's 4A attempt and the part it mentioned the romantic love is only a few lines at the end of two-pages text.)

awwwww I'm imagining the scene <3

how it must feel, for a man who has dedicated his life to help developing FS in Japan, a sensei who stoked the fires of ambition in that smol mushroom, to see something like Nessie so close to actually happening? Tsuzuki sensei must be so proud! :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

as for the love discourse, Yuzuru could be aromantic and utterly disinterested in pursuing romantic love for what we know :P

And well, his "intention" to marry at 25 had probably sunk the moment he has scrapped all his previous plans to retire after PyeongChang and he chose to dedicate himself to comps for a little more (tho I reckon he still has time to pull a Kolyada :68468287: gosh today's boys are so chaotic)

Of course his fame in itself doesn't make it easy to just... meet people and hang out together and get to know them in the "normal" way. I do hope that if he wants to pursue relationships (be it of the romantic type or friendship type) his public stature won't be a burden for him, that it won't be the reason for forced isolation (it is in part a burden, now, but it's also still in part a choice, too). All I can do is wishing him to find happiness in whatever the futute holds for him :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

And with this I bail out of any further speculation:laughing:

(tho I'm curious about the context of that sentence by his old sensei)

4 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Tsuzuki-sensei is just being an Asian grandparent type. Yuzu is now 25 and turning 26 in less than 5 months, established and makes good money. That means it's time for a wife! or a bride, if we want to be poetic like Mikhail Kolyada :laughing:. So he'll start to hint.

It goes like this: "Oh Yuzu.....I'm really feeling my many many years today.....you know what would make me so happy before I die.....to see you happily settled down with your own family.....my final wish....."

But he isn't dying at all. This is so that Tsuzuki-sensei can get a new baby Hanyu to teach 2A out of a spread eagle to. :biggrin:

oh gosh, if that's the case I strongly symphatize with Yuzu:4: I suspect many of us have endured well-meaning (but a tad too-insistent)relatives not-so-subtly prying to know if you're in a relationship or looking at your hand to spot The ring. Even when they don't ask directly, you can be sure they wonder, 'cause that's the common expectation :headdesk2:

3 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

I also noticed some time ago that the musical score for this inspiring fan video is "Apollo's Triumph" by audiomachine. 

Cheers!

I didn't know the title of the piece, but I did know the vid and loved it. So beautiful, it lifts the heart and soothes your mind

In hindsight the title fits so much: H&L was indeed Apollo's Triumph, the sun chasing all the darkness away:img_21:

I don't remember if this had been posted

I'm posting it because, while reading, it struck me that this was exactly the kind of piece that I expected to read by Olympic channel about that award -- instead of that terrible thing we got.

It's a short piece and it doesn't add anything for anyone who was already following Yuzuru or the awards, but for someone who doens't know Yuzu at all (or who has only heard about him vaguely), it's a good summary: it reports about the occasion, the reasons the award and a bit of additional background about the winner. The background mentions some of his impressive results, hints to his popularity AND to his character too (a fan's comment on facebook might not be considered as the most unbiased of sources, but that quote will suggest the readers that Yuzuru is a very nice person, on top of being a great athlete).

And it looks like the author is from USA (tho now based in Japan), so...Oly channel could just choose their contributors a bit better.

True, this was more of a targeted congratulatory piece, rather than an article centered on the awards themselves. But I greatly appreciate that there's no whatsoever stirring drama and that Yuzu is not depicted as a mere cash cow

ETA: I wanted to add that to me (but tbh it's something objective) it's Yuzu winning MVS that validated the award, not the other way around. A fake token award di NOT validate his being the most valuable. He already was, he will still be even when they'll decide to give it to someone else (bet: next season)

The boycott would have certainly worked a lot better is Zuzu had NOT won. I'm kinda annoyed that ISU still managed ot get what they wanted: make people talk about their awards, thanks to Yuzu winning one:gaah:

14 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

awwwww I'm imagining the scene <3

how it must feel, for a man who has dedicated his life to help developing FS in Japan, a sensei who stoked the fire of smol mushroom Zuzu's ambitions, to see something like Nessie so close to actually happening? Tsuzuki sensei must be so proud! :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

as for the love discourse, Yuzuru could be aromantic and utterly disinterested in pursuing romantic love for what we know :P

And well, his "intention" to marry at 25 had probably sunk the moment he has scrapped all his previous plans to retire after PyeongChang and he chose to dedicate himself to comps for a little more (tho I reckon he still has time to pull a Kolyada :68468287: gosh today's boys are so chaotic)

Of course his fame in itself doesn't make it easy to just... meet people and hang out together and get to know them in the "normal" way. I do hope that if he wants to pursue a relationshhip (be it of the romantic type or friendship time) his public stature won't be a burden for him, it won't be the reason for forced isolation (a bit it is now, but it's also still in part a choice). All I can do is wishing him to find happiness in whatever the futute holds for him :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

And with this I bail out of any further speculation:laughing:

(tho I'm curious about the context of that sentence by his old sensei)

oh gosh, if that's the case I strongly symphatize with Zuzu:4: I suspect many of us have endured well-meaning (but a tad too-insistent)relatives not-so-subtly asking to know if you're in a relationship or looking at your hand to spot The ring. Even when they don't ask directly, you can be sure they wonder, 'cause that's the common expectation :headdesk2:

I didn't know the title of the piece, but I did know the vid and loved it. So beautiful, it lifts the heart and soothes your mind

In hindsight the title fits so much: H&L was indeed Apollo's Triumph, the sun chasing all the darkness away:img_21:

I don't remember if this had been posted

I'm posting it because, while reading, it struck me that this was exactly the kind of piece that I expected to read by Olympic channel about that award -- instead of that terrible thing we got.

It's a short piece and it doesn't add anything for anyone who was already following Yuzuru or the awards, but for someone who doens't know Yuzu at all (or who has only heard about him vaguely), it's a good summary: it reports about the occasion, the reasons the award and a bit of additional background about the winner. The background mentions some of his impressive results, hints to his popularity AND to his character too (a fan's comment on facebook might not be considered as the most unbiased of sources, but that quote will suggest the readers that Yuzuru is a very nice person, on top of being a great athlete).

And it looks like the author is from USA (tho now based in Japan), so...Oly channel could just choose their contributors a bit better.

True, this was more of a targeted congratulatory piece, rather than an article centered on the awards themselves. But I greatly appreciate that there's no whatsoever stirring drama and that Yuzu is not depicted as a mere cash cow

Though... "Hanyu, who wore his “Origin” outfit in the latter half of the season" doesn't seem to come from a fanyu or someone very familiar with figure skating.

And we learn ISU had chosen MIki Ando in their jury... on purpose?

29 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

ETA: I wanted to add that to me (but tbh it's something objective) it's Yuzu winning MVS that validated the award, not the other way around. A fake token award di NOT validate his being the most valuable. He already was, he will still be even when they'll decide to give it to someone else (bet: next season)

The boycott would have certainly worked a lot better is Zuzu had NOT won. I'm kinda annoyed that ISU still managed ot get what they wanted: make people talk about their awards, thanks to Yuzu winning one:gaah:

Haha I think maybe it's also because some fanyus didn't get the memo? I've met a few people who have zero knowledge of figure skating as a whole and literally only know Yuzu so they just click on random videos if it says Yuzu is in it X) 

11 hours ago, IceWings said:

After Nessie, the siren song will be quints. After all, it's only 1/2 rotation more! :10814716:

@Henni147, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt and the pain you are going through. Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way for your grandfather and friend to recover soon.

@Sombreuil, I am sorry to hear about your loss as well. 

I hope for better times for you both. :snonegai:

@Ewa, welcome and thank you for sharing your journey to the Planet. I love hearing stories about how non-skating fans discover Yuzu. He has such an amazing gravitational pull. 

@IceWings Yes, he has. Thank you so much :thanks:

On 7/14/2020 at 7:31 PM, Ewa said:

If I may add something to that, and at the same time introduce myself a bit, because it's my first post here.  Thank you for accepting me, and thank you for the amazing job you do here <3 
I am a Polish scientist working in the US, and a science communicator as well. A few months ago I wanted to write an article for one popular science website, and the article was to be about epigenetics and asthma. I started from epigenetic modifications, went through asthma in athletes, especially ice skaters,  and ended up with not being able to take my eyes off countless  Yuzu's  wonderful videos and gorgeous pictures :) 

I know it's not such a fantastic thing as dedication one's thesis to Mr. Hanyu, but still - he inspires and amazes, even people like me who are not big fans of figure skating. 
(My article is here, if you'd like to take a look, but my apologies - it is in Polish. However, I believe that the most important thing in it, not to mention the most beautiful, is the photo of  the GOAT himself and a few words about him :) https://genetyka.bio/lod-chlod-i-astma/)

Hello and welcome to the planet!
My knowledge of Polish is very limited :tumblr_inline_mlrwzkQn7u1qz4rgp:, but I'll try to read your article without the help of Google translate! 

6 hours ago, fyere0 said:

This is so that Tsuzuki-sensei can get a new baby Hanyu to teach 2A out of a spread eagle to. :biggrin:

A goal I can get behind, but it's a little early for that, no? Also, not really a fan's business, no matter how cute it would be.