General Yuzuru Chat

36 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That's because so many of us are in STEM careers...seriously, I was blown away by the company I was in in Kelowna...the only satellites I met who were not in STEM, healthcare, or academia worked in finance. Oh, and one is a lawyer :). We are smart people and it cannot be denied. 

What does STEM stand for?

Btw, I'm in marketing so PR,packaging,  saturated market, emerging market are some of terms I've used in relation to figure skating. 

It's one of those non office based jobs.

12 minutes ago, Purple said:

Btw, I'm in marketing so PR,packaging,  saturated market, emerging market are some of terms I've used in relation to figure skating. 

Science Technology Engineering Math   (and I'm one of those science geeks, too.....)

33 minutes ago, Purple said:

STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math

... I see @barbara beat me to it

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What better way to set the spirit free when your body is caged in? 

Haha, don’t know how things work in prisons but I’m pretty sure the inmates themselves aren’t the ones binge-watching Yuzu and posting about him on the prison’s SNS accounts :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

10 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I've never added the Desktop Calendar thing either and now it's hard to track back that episode: if I search desktop calendar Hanyu I get... well, Yuzu's calendars LMAO

If you're looking for the receipts about our favorite calendar boy... :popcorn:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

What the fresh hell was that?! It`s true that internet is home for way too much stupidity. I`m speechless!

Oh, don't worry, the guy got roasted so bad he ended up changing parts of the text. The result was a mess of a word salad. Quite funny. We do love our desk calendar boy. 

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That's because so many of us are in STEM careers...seriously, I was blown away by the company I was in in Kelowna...the only satellites I met who were not in STEM, healthcare, or academia worked in finance. Oh, and one is a lawyer :). We are smart people and it cannot be denied. 

not only STEM satellites, I see so many people whose fields aren't exactly (or even remotely) STEM that are always ready to explain and just, you know, share their knowledge. I think about things like the lesson by @cvdnce, about photographers, all the lovely artists, the linguists on this Planet that always give so many precious insights whenever we talk about Zuzu's english improvements, about our Japanese satellites that always add further cultural context and draw attention to little things that could go undetected to the rest of us...... There's always this will to explain(and also research for)the "why" behind an opinion, a statement.

I find this attitude really amazing:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:  True, thought, that STEM brains are geared towards GIMME THE DATA!:laughing:

tho sadly some "scientists" sometimes forget this. This pandemic brought to the forefront that working in scientific field (and even being extremely successfull in that field) doesn't mean they are people of science. I'm having particular beef with certain "experts" who use their curricula to make their point, instead of bringing evidences:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3rZJh1qdlkyg: and they have such a BIG following:tantrum:

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

If you're looking for the receipts about our favorite calendar boy... :popcorn:

Hide contents

thank you!!!:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

53 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

What the fresh hell was that?! It`s true that internet is home for way too much stupidity. I`m speechless!

you had missed that take?:laughing:  I guess it had more resonance on twitter, and it was soon replaced by some other eyeroll-worth thing :biggrin:

Media/bloggers/random dudes(*) never run out of bad takes to keep us busy:13877886:

(*)dudebros, we remember you :hihi:    though they were right in the end, Figure Skating is NOT a sport. Not if you look at how governing body, media and part of FS fandom treat it

I was chatting with a new colleague today. I said that I go skating regularly, then she said: "I watch figure skating sometimes. There is a Japanese boy who skates very well. I have watched other skaters but no one can compare to him. He is very special." Then I showed her my phone lock screen picture and said "This boy? :sin:

Then we talked happily about Yuzu :cheer:, even though she is more like a casual fan.