General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Cross-posting from Team Japan thread: 

JSF announced that they decided to stop sending their athletes to the following JGP and CS competitions considering the risk of getting/spreading the coronavirus and that athletes will have to self-quarantine themselves after coming back from competitions held abroad.

The CS events subject to this announcement:
CS Autumn Classic International
CS Nevelhorn Trophy
CS Finlandia Trophy
CS Budapest Trophy

So that's that for Autumn Classic then. Logically this means they won't be sending Yuzu. Makes me wonder when Yuzu will be leaving Japan now. 

Also, what does it mean for Japanese skaters already training in the countries in question, like Satoko? 

Can someone please translate the Japanese and Chinese in this post? It looked like something amazing transpired here including comment or something from a Chinese prison??? Someone in the comment said Yuzu was accused of setting fire in everyone's heart? Well they ain't wrong there :rofl2:

I don't understand fully but I need to know!! Thank you in advance!

21 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Can someone please translate the Japanese and Chinese in this post? It looked like something amazing transpired here including comment or something from a Chinese prison??? Someone in the comment said Yuzu was accused of setting fire in everyone's heart? Well they ain't wrong there :rofl2:

I don't understand the Japanese, but the post in Chinese is about Yuzu getting the MVS award and winning 4cc, achieving the super slam, and breaking world records many times. The comments are just people commenting emojis of what looks like a microphone, it seems? Don't get it either hahaha

Oh about the prison thing, the name of the account who wrote that post seems to be the name of a prison. 

Edit: did some Googling and it seems that the account belongs to Chuanxi Prison in Sichuan province, China. 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Why prison?! :surprised_pikachu:

No clue haha, but regarding the "setting hearts on fire" thing, I looked up the post on Weibo and indeed, one of the comments say "is it because Yuzu sets hearts on fire?"  (芳心纵火犯) 

The literal translation would be "heart arsonist" but I think it means being a heartthrob! (not very familiar with this phrase, do correct me if I am wrong)

17 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I don't understand the Japanese, but the post in Chinese is about Yuzu getting the MVS award and winning 4cc, achieving the super slam, and breaking world records many times. The comments are just people commenting emojis of what looks like a microphone, it seems? Don't get it either hahaha

Oh about the prison thing, the name of the account who wrote that post seems to be the name of a prison. 

Edit: did some Googling and it seems that the account belongs to Chuanxi Prison in Sichuan province, China. 

Thank you for the translation! I guess someone at that prison is a big Fanyu, or Yuzu has been such a great inspiration that they wanted to show their admiration too haha 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Some new old stuff, folks! 

me virtually screaming at cameraman, 10 years after: gosh can't you zoom out a bit and keep ALL of him in the frame? :tantrum:

Second rewatch went better,  felt less dizzy. BUT! How could they butcher most of WL stsq like that? And the spin? :sadPooh:

Well, it's high definition new (old) content, so I can't really complain, can I?:10636614:  (Also, was that Kanako?)

zig costume always looks better in HD. When footage is more blurry it does remind me of strawberry, but in HD all the colors are so vivid, the black is blacker, the lacey(?)parts stand out more and you can see all those lovely sparkles :tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:

Bb swan was sweet <3 it was the last season without a quad in the SP (and without 3A out of crazy entry). I see here he did A-spin instead of Biellman.

And you know what? I really like Zig! But I'm so glad that now Zuzu can breath somewhat normally for most of his FS now (and despite increased difficulty). Back then his struggle for breath was more noticeable, poor bb. And yet, even if you could see him desperately wanting to catch a breath, he didn't let go for a moment till he he hadn't finished the program! I loved the small smiles he sent to the audience while performing!

as for what casual fans read or not, if I still were the newcomer who was getting into FS and trying to "catch up" and learn about FS, I would have read such articles.

Once you're in, you learn to know which sources are more reliable, which journalists&bloggers are trustworthy. Generic pieces become less releveant because you don't need to have someone else sum up what's happening, you already know everything.

And of course the general audience wouldn't even bother reading an article about some unconsequential FS award.

But oly channel does contribute to shape general views. Especially contribute to shaping "first impressions", and many would stop at those first impressions (unless they have reasons to delve deeper). So, if I were a newcomer and I was, say, an Alyona fan who had landed on that Oly channel article after searching for Alyona content, I wouldn't have had the best impression of this Hanyu guy who won MVS. I'd probably feel bad for the poor boy who had been left empty handed despite being so.much.better.

And this is what annoys me the most, how people who don't know any better will get a completely wrong idea.

ETA: wait, did a prison really tweet about Yuzu?:xD:

1 minute ago, amylance1215 said:

We are all his prisoners of love :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

He's such a sinful cinnamon roll :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

Lmao took me some time but I finally figured out the comments with microphone emojis - another page that posted the same thing about Yuzu (the first screenshot of the tweet) belongs to what looks like law and order of Sichuan, and a bunch of pages belonging to various courts commented the microphone emojis - a commenter on Weibo took a screenshot of those and asked if these were planned XD

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So that's that for Autumn Classic then. Logically this means they won't be sending Yuzu. Makes me wonder when Yuzu will be leaving Japan now. 

Also, what does it mean for Japanese skaters already training in the countries in question, like Satoko? 

It's tricky, truly. Particularly if there are no GPs. Still, my guess is she would stay put and Yuzu would head to Canada at the end of this month (if that's indeed his plan, per Tracy). 

EDIT and UPDATE: It seems CoC is not cancelled for now. But, would it make any difference if SkAM and SC are cancelled? How likely is it for Canada to keep international comps? National comps like the sectionals have already been cancelled :confused: 

1小時前, amylance1215說:

Am I the only one here to be surprised that even prisons have sns? For what? To show the list of wanted fugitives? It would be funny if this Yuzu post is among them as a "heart arsonist"

:ohmygod: