General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, IULIANA said:

But why broadcast it some 11 days later?

maybe they need all that time to find a way to explain why the MVS didn't get the MVS :P :P :P

more prosaically, it could be that there will be lots of spoken parts, and most will be in english or other languages, so they prefer to sub/dub the whole thing properly. And maybe they'll insert some bonus content from their own footage from past comps/interviews/specials to make the whole thing more interesting :P

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

:winky:

I'll just say that JpnTV knows the demographic and i'm sure they will have a lot of success. Which ISU might use to try and ignore the boycott and push the Clown Circus for upcoming years.

:smiley-sad058:

If they really wanna keep it, they could at least be sensible and have them at a WTT, and leave WC alone :Just_Cuz_15:

Random thought that entered my head today: Six judges and three nominees for each category. What if you end up with a three way tie? :drama:

Seriously, tho - have they said if the judges deliberate or do they just mail/text in their ballot? Presumably they can't all meet in person what with the current situation but do they talk or just vote and hope for a clear winner. How do you break the tie? Judges Quad battle? Dance off? Or do they just arm wrestle???

The more I think about this the sillier it all becomes. At least it will be over soon.

7 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

If they really wanna keep it, they could at least be sensible and have them at a WTT, and leave WC alone

Or change WTT and use that for their circus. It is a fluff comp anyways.

5 minutes ago, Flutterby said:

Random thought that entered my head today: Six judges and three nominees for each category. What if you end up with a three way tie? :drama:

Seriously, tho - have they said if the judges deliberate or do they just mail/text in their ballot? Presumably they can't all meet in person what with the current situation but do they talk or just vote and hope for a clear winner. How do you break the tie? Judges Quad battle? Dance off? Or do they just arm wrestle???

The more I think about this the sillier it all becomes. At least it will be over soon.

TyrionLannister: I demand a trial by combat. #gameofthrones #GOT ...

29 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Or change WTT and use that for their circus. It is a fluff comp anyways.

TyrionLannister: I demand a trial by combat. #gameofthrones #GOT ...

And now I'm picturing Surya, cartwheeling down the hallway in skates, busting down the door like a bad ass and taking the other judges out with a crossbow while they're on the toilet.

As you do. Just a regular Friday night out.

Just now, Flutterby said:

And now I'm picturing Surya, cartwheeling down the hallway in skates, busting down the door like a bad ass and taking the other judges out with a crossbow while they're on the toilet.

As you do. Just a regular Friday night out.

When you play the Game of GOEs you win or you die:yuzushrug:

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Considering the only Japanese skater nominated for anything is Yuzu and it doesn't look like he'll win, yeah this is confusing to me too

Maybe they got assurances that he is winning one of them?

Then again Japan is mad for figure skating, we're in a drought, and they're desperate to take what new content they can get?

6 hours ago, Flutterby said:

Maybe they got assurances that he is winning one of them?

Then again Japan is mad for figure skating, we're in a drought, and they're desperate to take what new content they can get?

Pardon my ignorance but i'm curious whether figure skating was really famous in Japan before Yuzu. Because not-so-popular idols can hold concerts in Japan that are attended by thousands. I always thought japanese were so rich that they literally watch anything 😓