General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Japan bought the broadcasting rights for you-know-what and will broadcast it on 22 July. Why? It's a free stream. Why are they throwing money at the ISU for a free stream??? I'm lost :13877886:

I think it's because Japan is still very much an all TV nation. That's what I realised at least when I was there a year ago on holidays. You would think there is no point in buying the rights for any competition either as now ISU streams it for free but they still do. They like the commentaries.

I mean... they put the faces of their panel members in little bubbles to show viewers their reaction. I read somewhere that was because a lot of Japanese people still don't know how they should react to certain jokes or comments so having the "face bubbles" is almost like an aid for them.

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

Japan bought the broadcasting rights for you-know-what and will broadcast it on 22 July. Why? It's a free stream. Why are they throwing money at the ISU for a free stream??? I'm lost :13877886:

Considering the only Japanese skater nominated for anything is Yuzu and it doesn't look like he'll win, yeah this is confusing to me too

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

You have a way of raising curiosity... 

:winky:

I'll just say that JpnTV knows the demographic and i'm sure they will have a lot of success. Which ISU might use to try and ignore the boycott and push the Clown Circus for upcoming years.

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

:winky:

I'll just say that JpnTV knows the demographic and i'm sure they will have a lot of success. Which ISU might use to try and ignore the boycott and push the Clown Circus for upcoming years.

well, it just means I'll give a skip to what replaces the gala. :) I don't mind if someone likes it. I'll stick to watching old boring shows. 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

well, it just means I'll give a skip to what replaces the gala. :) I don't mind if someone likes it. I'll stick to watching old boring shows. 

It's sad for me because the Worlds gala always gives me the feeling of "ah, it is over now isn't it". It gives me a bittersweet feeling that makes me want to come back for the next season.

Now it will end with 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

3 часа назад, Whoopiewoop сказал:

I think it's because Japan is still very much an all TV nation. That's what I realised at least when I was there a year ago on holidays. You would think there is no point in buying the rights for any competition either as now ISU streams it for free but they still do. They like the commentaries.

I think it's not only Japan, here if you're further from big towns connection might be not good, also not everybody has computers at home and stream on the phone might be too small, not a lot of elder people are good with surfing without help. That's why I don't like the fact that whole comps (at least GPs) you can watch only online and on TV mostly cuts and mostly ladies. It's good that you can watch online, especially if you're not able to watch live, but at the same time you miss part of the audience.

Still I wonder about TV right for that stream, I'm not even sure it will be good enough quality for TV, cuz mostly it will be home-videos from skaters I guess.

13 минут назад, Hydroblade сказал:

It's sad for me because the Worlds gala always gives me the feeling of "ah, it is over now isn't it". It gives me a bittersweet feeling that makes me want to come back for the next season.

I actually never bothered with Gala before Yuzu. Now it gives me pleasant feeling that I can just enjoy watching skating without being nervous for jumps :rolleyes: also we can have some fun antics if Yuzu is in the mood :agree2: