General Yuzuru Chat

Random question: has Yuzuru ever mentioned how much he sleeps? I think in an old interview he mentioned he sleeps 11 hours during an off day but I’m wondering how much he would sleep during training days... I’ve read that athletes tend to need more sleep due to their vigorous training (Roger Federer sleeps 12hours a day, I think LeBron James mentioned he sleeps about 10?) 

Shizuka did a great job interviewing - so relaxed/informal/warm/interesting questions and comments, and Yuzuru responded in kind. You can feel their admiration for one another,  I loved she kept telling him we just want him healthy and  happy and just to see him skate; all true ♥️

Hey does anyone have the link to the short Japanese sports beginning of the season video? You know the one where they play turandot in the background and show each Japanese skater doing a little tiny bit of their program. Last season's was great with Yuzuru doing a bow and arrow kind of thing if I remember right. 

5 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Oh, thank you, I didn't know this interview and I agree with @rockstaryuzu it is great.

I like so much how Shizuka Arakawa tells him he has already exceeded all our expectations.

Though comparing with music or ballet, while having made maybe the greatest leap in the history of an art, he is not on par with them artistically (but he could become so after his competitive career, this is one more reason to find his staying healthy so important, he is so young if one think of great musical and ballet interprets) but achieving this would be as much on the venue side (suppressing reverberation but not only : the sound should have to be even in the whole venue?) than on his maturing as an artist. But anyway these are not expectations because I don't know what to expect, my imagination fails, I wouldn't have been able to imagine a skating as is already doing (he exceeds my expectations by far) and he keeps progressing, I just rely on him... he is a living dream and so real!

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

Oh, thank you, I didn't know this interview and I agree with @rockstaryuzu it is great.

I like so much how Shizuka Arakawa tells him he has already exceeded all our expectations.

Though comparing with music or ballet, while having made maybe the greatest leap in the history of an art, he is not on par with them artistically (but he could become so after his competitive career, this is one more reason to find his staying healthy so important, he is so young if one think of great musical and ballet interprets) but achieving this would be as much on the venue side (suppressing reverberation but not only : the sound should have to be even in the whole venue?) than on his maturing as an artist. But anyway these are not expectations because I don't know what to expect, my imagination fails, I wouldn't have been able to imagine a skating as is already doing (he exceeds my expectations by far) and he keeps progressing, I just rely on him... he is a living dream and so real!

He is so kind, to dedicate his life to skating and fulfilling our 'expectations' of him. You're right, we don't know what to expect, because Yuzu surprises us every time. 

Yuzu doing ballet would be another of the most beautiful things I would ever see. :embSwan:

1 hour ago, Fay said:

I feel like going back to baby Yuzu on a tiny open rink in Sendai. Just because 

precious vid and such a precious bb mushroom!:mushroom8: 

(but I bet that later he felt a bit kuyashii over not keeping his Biellman as long as Mari did :laughing:

Towards the end, smolZuzu couldn't suppress his bubbliness, Mari was so composed while he couldn't keep his arms still:mushroom7:a bit of a flashback of bb Romeo who couldn't stay still on 2012WC podium:love:

and that costume was so good too! That's how you make black costumes! None of that drab VW stuff! 

I'm guessing Mama Hanyu sewed it. Really great costume that could look 100% gorgeous today too and easily compete for most beutiful costume (sparkles on trousers too:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:)

ngl, I'd love it if that costume could made a come back in some CiONTU2. Maybe it won't fit tho. True, Zu can still wear stuff that was made when he was 16yo, but here we're talking about when he was only 14yo...

15 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

precious vid and such a precious bb mushroom!:mushroom8: 

(but I bet that later he felt a bit kuyashii over not keeping his Biellman as long as Mari did :laughing:

Towards the end, smolZuzu couldn't suppress his bubbliness, Mari was so composed while he couldn't keep his arms still:mushroom7:a bit of a flashback of bb Romeo who couldn't stay still on 2012WC podium:love:

and that costume was so good too! That's how you make black costumes! None of that drab VW stuff! 

I'm guessing Mama Hanyu sewed it. Really great costume that could look 100% gorgeous today too and easily compete for most beutiful costume (sparkles on trousers too:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:)

ngl, I'd love it if that costume could made a come back in some CiONTU2. Maybe it won't fit tho. True, Zu can still wear stuff that was made when he was 16yo, but here we're talking about when he was only 14yo...

No way can he fit in a costume for a 14-year old himself! Lol, 

2 hours ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

He is so kind, to dedicate his life to skating and fulfilling our 'expectations' of him. You're right, we don't know what to expect, because Yuzu surprises us every time. 

Yuzu doing ballet would be another of the most beautiful things I would ever see. :embSwan:

I wouldn't see him doing ballet (but why not, dancing on the floor in his own way/language). But when he has more time, he may lurk at more sorts of dances (including ballet) to enrich his own. And that of his future students.