General Yuzuru Chat

Otekomachi, a news outlet of Yomiuri interviewed Kazuki Wakasugi, who is in charge of photography in Yuzuru Hanyu Online Exhibition, and Toru Yaguchi, the photographer of "Yuzuru Hanyu 2019-2020" by Hochi. (*Hochi is affiliated with Yomiuri) Their comments in this article are really nice, so I posted a translation in Translation.

Please take a look at it when you have time:8122685:

55 минут назад, FlyingCamel сказал:

He looks like a vampire in the red one!

That was my first impression from first ACI warm-up footage cuz of the collar :rofl3:With this design I really prefer royal purple, but would like dark/wine red a lot.

A bit random but I'm reading Onmyoji novel (by Yumemakura Baku, which was adapted into Onmyoji film later), and just know Abe no Seimei is the son of a fox spirit and a human, hence known for beauty, wisdom, and exceptional talent in his job (Onmyoji is the job title, like a mandarin). I think Yuzu is PERFECT for that image and it's great to imagine SEIMEI's Yuzu as the main character while reading :winky:

7 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

nope, checked all their social medias and the website, the Instagram posts, and IG stories. The description you provided is nowhere to be found.

OK- I can't locate the exact Instagram post - but you can see the different criteria for MVS on the  ISU awards page (which I intend to not click anymore, period).https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/isu-skating-awards   and "Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple who best managed to increase the level of popularity of Figure Skating with their fan base, media attention and sponsor appreciation." versus "Based on the results and experiences at the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating individual events and Final, ISU European Figure Skating Championships and ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships of the 2019/20 season.......,".  Those are not equivalent.  I didn't do a screen shot six months ago when the voting opened and I voted, but i think we can all agree that we thought the MVS award was for he/she who increased the popularity of the sport, etc.. - not on a point-based, single year competition (which, incidentally, we couldn't have known until after 4CC which was the day before voting closed, and I imagine most had voted long before that).  It doesn't matter, does it?  The ISU is NOT interested in improving the quality or appreciation of figure skating.  They are looking for ratings.  I'm done with it.

一小時前, monchan說:

A bit random but I'm reading Onmyoji novel (by Yumemakura Baku, which was adapted into Onmyoji film later), and just know Abe no Seimei is the son of a fox spirit and a human, hence known for beauty, wisdom, and exceptional talent in his job (Onmyoji is the job title, like a mandarin). I think Yuzu is PERFECT for that image and it's great to imagine SEIMEI's Yuzu as the main character while reading :winky:

I have been interested in Abe no Seimei's story since I was a child though I didn't exactly read Yumemakura Baku's book. The news report of a figure skater winning Olympics with Seimei's story made me click the video immediately. I was blown away and shocked to discover a real life (i.e. not anime) person who can embody the image so well, and this is how I became a fan. Seimei will always be my favorite program, like first love is always special.:loveshower:

I have recently bought Yumemakura Baku's novel but my Japanese level is still not enough. It is a huge motivation for my Japanese learning.:2lbkos0:

7 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Sorry that the image just won’t show.
From: https://mobile.twitter.com/hopeiegacy/status/1280801774153105409

EcYQC9MUcAIlSf7?format=jpg&name=medium

yes go red Yuzuru...especially dark red is very nice!

4 hours ago, monchan said:

oh now that's cool...foxes are pretty interesting and unique animals so it suits him(there must have been a cat somewhere too tho;)

4 hours ago, CaroSkate said:

I have recently bought Yumemakura Baku's novel but my Japanese level is still not enough. It is a huge motivation for my Japanese learning.:2lbkos0:

Has he written it in an ancient style, with some Middle Japanese language or even writing?

2小時前, SitTwizzle說:

Has he written it in an ancient style, with some Middle Japanese language or even writing?

I have only flipped through the book and there are not enough furigana for me :sad-smiley-046:.

I am still reading novels with many furigana so that I can learn more kanji first :redface: .