General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

"... ONE of the most decorated skaters in the world"???

As the double Olympic champion, double world champion, four-time GPF champion and other achievements, such as the Super Slam, that are not mentioned, isn't Yuzu THE MOST decorated skater in the world?

Actually, Tessa and Scott are the most decorated skaters in the world: 5 Olympic medals (3 Gold) in 3 Olympics, world record holders, 3x World champs, etc etc etc. Yuzu is the most decorated singles skater though, I believe. Definitely the most decorated currently competing.

excuse me and I don't want to alarm anyone (oops, how to alarm everyone in 10 words, sorry:68468287:) but, just in case, @ admins and @ mods, maybe we can prepare some alternative streaming options other than CiONTU?

Of course I'd prefer CiONTU, but if it could be...controversial, maybe Oly Channel? That one should be fine even for the most hypocrite of the content-policing wannabes...

(admins feel free to remove this post if you'd rather not see that discussion brought here)

42 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

excuse me and I don't want to alarm anyone (oops, how to alarm everyone in 10 words, sorry:68468287:) but, just in case, @ admins and @ mods, maybe we can prepare some alternative streaming options other than CiONTU?

Of course I'd prefer CiONTU, but if it could be...controversial, maybe Oly Channel? That one should be fine even for the most hypocrite of the content-policing wannabes...

(admins feel free to remove this post if you'd rather not see that discussion brought here)

Yup, if for some reason we can't stream CiONTU, we have lots of other videos not owned by TV Asahi etc. that we can stream.

9 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yup, if for some reason we can't stream CiONTU, we have lots of other videos not owned by TV Asahi etc. that we can stream.

:10742289:

I hope PH won't have any negative repercussion. Some people are really hell-bent on being the ban of others' existence  :14066882:

Has Nathan Chen been asked to put up a message on the ISU channel asking people to watch the thing? I bet he won't, the messages there - even Sasha and Evgenia - have a tiny number of views compared to Yuzu's. And the ISU would not want their favourite's message to get the reaction it so definitely will....

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

... Also, since whoever wrote those descriptions was so keen on highlighing that a certain someone had got this and that when he was only 20yo, they could have as well added:

"Hanyu won the triple crown - senior GPF, WC and OGM- , when he was just 19yo and still eligible for JrWC"

But that, too, would have been too high a praise, I guess :emoticonaci2019:

Anyway what irks me the most is that the whole bio just clinically lists his comp achievements, while not saying one word about...literally everything else?

How ispiring he is, his donations, his being spokeperson for the victims one of the biggest natural disasters in recent history, his setting an example of humility and sportsmanship, how he moves crowds(edit: both emotionally and...geographically). Heck, even the darn Pooh Rain that constantly makes to media headlines (and that, for a change, would actually be extremely relevant to the scope of the MVS, as described by ISU).

It wasn't even matter of staying within a certain characters limit, since others got longer bio...

If I didn't know the candidates and I just had to pick who to give that stupid award only based on those descriptions.... I wouldn't pick Yuzuru.

And that's why the whole things reeks so much....

Yes, I wish they would talk about all of Yuzu's contributions and efforts in helping the people in the disaster areas. He has such a big impact on so many lives. A friend of mine had an extra ticket to 2019 ACI, which she ended up selling to a Japanese woman. When they met to exchange the ticket, the woman said she was from Sendai (iirc or at least from a region in the disaster area) and she was so happy to have this chance to watch Yuzu skate that she had tears in her eyes. This is the impact Yuzu has on the people in the disaster area.

Also they list everything Yuzu has done in the past, but they point out what Nathan is currently doing:

Chen sets an example by combining high-level studies and skating. He contributes to the popularization of men's skating in the USA and worldwide.

Iirc, they also mention how Papadakis/Cizeron are pushing Ice Dance with modern moves. I can't find the exact quote, but I don't want to give ISU a click to get it.

So it's the same narrative that Yuzu was great, but it's the others that are currently enriching the sport. 

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

:10742289:

I hope PH won't have any negative repercussion. Some people are really hell-bent on being the ban of others' existence  :14066882:

The worst that can happen is that the channel gets suspended :yuzushrug: The point of all this is to celebrate Yuzu's skating so honestly whatever we watch as long as it's Yuzu is better than THE OTHER THING THAT SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED

4 часа назад, LadyLou сказал:

Anyway what irks me the most is that the whole bio just clinically lists his comp achievements, while not saying one word about...literally everything else?

How ispiring he is, his donations, his being spokeperson for the victims one of the biggest natural disasters in recent history, his setting an example of humility and sportsmanship, how he moves crowds(edit: both emotionally and...geographically). Heck, even the darn Pooh Rain that constantly makes to media headlines (and that, for a change, would actually be extremely relevant to the scope of the MVS, as described by ISU).

It wasn't even matter of staying within a certain characters limit, since others got longer bio...

But you know that if they can't spell some characters properly how they would dig for information most of which is in Japanese or it will need at least a little effort...and I dunno googling... and to say smth nice about his skating ... is this ISU we're talking about? :yuzushrug:

15 hours ago, daisyjune said:

I successfully could get two Nishikawa files A and B!!!:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

At first the site was completely down and I couldn't proceed at all. I almost cried (hahaha), but after hitting F5 like crazy for thirty minutes, I could reach to the shopping page and bought two towels. First I chose a file B (Masquerade one) . I was so relieved:10636614:, and  then I tried another towel. It was relatively smooth to buy the second towel. I chose file A, very careful not to choose Hiepita :68468287:

There's still chance tomorrow, so don't lose your hope! Tomorrow at noon, there's another sale on line :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

My advise is at 12:00 you should put the good into your cart (also, don't choose cheap ones because they are popular and will be sold out quickly), then just keep hitting F5. After 12:30, I felt the site moved faster and I could go on more smoothly, so don't give up before 12:30. I read many people could buy the towels between 12:40-13:00.

Good luck!:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Are you talking about this kind of towel: https://ss-online.shop-pro.jp/?pid=151848087

or are there others?

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

The worst that can happen is that the channel gets suspended :yuzushrug: The point of all this is to celebrate Yuzu's skating so honestly whatever we watch as long as it's Yuzu is better than THE OTHER THING THAT SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED

:10742289::10742289::10742289:

and well, yes, any kind of Yuzu content is a billion times better than anything organized by the merry fellowship of Ari,ISU&USFSA

Why pick the salt when there's Yuzuru provide us with wholesome content and healing smiles, on top of otherwordly skating? :nod2:

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

But you know that if they can't spell some characters properly how they would dig for information most of which is in Japanese or it will need at least a little effort...and I dunno googling... and to say smth nice about his skating ... is this ISU we're talking about:yuzushrug:

how could I forget?:shame:

True, those are the people who are still stuck in the era of CDs (and who chose to reschedule their fancy congress at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa while the rest of the world used smartworking).

We can't expect them to know how to google stuff...:poke:

47 minutes ago, Waterbuffalo said:

Are you talking about this kind of towel: https://ss-online.shop-pro.jp/?pid=151848087

or are there others?

It was about other towels, from a mattress company who sponsor Yuzuru Hanyu, which proposed a limited number of them with a Yuzuru Hanyu clear file for the first buyers.

Spoiler

SuzyQ

• SEIMEI
  • SuzyQ
  • Members
  •  
  • 542 posts
  • Japan
  • Image Credit

This might have been already posted, but Nishikawa's Cool Campaign 3rd round will start.

They give us the final blow :10742290:  

I really want the Masquerade clear file.  But I will have to go to the office on July 6th when the online order starts :64341262:

This time, the target item is their towels  :68556365:   Much more affordable than usual, but it means a tough fight to get it.

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000147.000010201.html

https://shop.nishikawa1566.com/shop/e/ecoolcp/

img_novelty_02.jpg

5 hours ago, LadyLou said:

If I didn't know the candidates and I just had to pick who to give that stupid award only based on those descriptions.... I wouldn't pick Yuzuru.

And that's why the whole things reeks so much.

Sorry if this is kind of off topic now, but I completely agree with you. I was reading the profiles, and other than being entirely horrified with how they ignored Boyang, I was highly unimpressed with what they wrote for Yuzuru-kun. The summary of the award says, "Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple who best managed to increase the level of popularity of Figure Skating with their fan base, media attention and sponsor appreciation." In my honest opinion, if this doesn't describe Hanyu Yuzuru, then I don't know who it does.  But then I read his bio, which mechanically states his main achievements, not to mention at first omitting several of them....:angry_party:

Like you said, if I had no background info, I wouldn't vote for Yuzu, because his bio did not mention popularity or media attention at all. It's almost like they set it up so that it seems that he can win it, but then they write him off like some guy who's just extra lucky in competition!!!! It's like he doesn't meet the criteria at all, when in reality he does! 

Again, sorry if this is already off topic :sorry2:but this whole awards thing just seems really fake and insincere. I'm just going to stick with you guys on this and enjoy CiONTU!!! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: