General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

About World's tix: I'm going to wait until I know if there'll be a season, first. 

I’d leave it until even later, until I know there’s certainty of me going to the Worlds. 

31 minutes ago, Veveco said:

The summary of the bio edit saga. It's a bit redundant with previous posts, but worth a look for the laugh. I don't even know why they bothered with the last round of edits to be honest.:popcorn:

Not that they'll stop with the Boyang erasure but that's a separate battle...

I don't know about indecisive... It's complete incompetence.  We need a Boyang helpline.... Beautiful, Bouncing Boards Boyang needs his correct accreditation. 

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

And that bio still glaringly lacks in enthusiasm compared to the other two.

Maybe he was mirroring the lack of enthusiasm in his little video.

Someone on twitter pointed out that once I S U realised that the 2 time oly medal thingy could include mention of USA skater Dick Button, there was no stopping them!

7 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

It looks like they changed the GPF one too! 

"... ONE of the most decorated skaters in the world"???

As the double Olympic champion, double world champion, four-time GPF champion and other achievements, such as the Super Slam, that are not mentioned, isn't Yuzu THE MOST decorated skater in the world?

6 hours ago, Fay said:

Oh God, Ennio Morricone has passed away...sorry for OT. 

Ennio Morricone's "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" – a great soundtrack to an epic Sergio Leone western film.

I've often wondered what a Yuzu free skate would be like to this iconic music.

23 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

As the double Olympic champion, double world champion, four-time GPF champion and other achievements, such as the Super Slam, that are not mentioned, isn't Yuzu THE MOST decorated skater in the world?

I would say it is still Dick Button, who was not only double Olympic champion but also quintuple World champion.

Of course, if one refers only to skaters still competing, he is obviously the most decorated.

Ennio Morricone's passing has inspired Max to suggest in a tweet today that a Yuzuru/Morricone programme would be a masterpiece :hairflip: - well of course it would!!

It made me remember seeing Mai Mihara in 2017 at ACI skating to the Mission so beautifully (I tried to find that video but the music is silenced in the middle of it, copyright I guess), so here she is at 4CC in 2018 instead getting a season's best for her FS.  Her skating is soft, sensitive, beautiful, and is totally at one with the music, I loved this programme (miss Mai too).

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Ennio Morricone's passing has inspired Max to suggest in a tweet today that a Yuzuru/Morricone programme would be a masterpiece :hairflip: - well of course it would!!

It made me remember seeing Mai Mihara in 2017 at ACI skating to the Mission so beautifully (I tried to find that video but the music is silenced in the middle of it, copyright I guess), so here she is at 4CC in 2018 instead getting a season's best for her FS.  Her skating is soft, sensitive, beautiful, and is totally at one with the music, I loved this programme (miss Mai too).

Oh, God, I really miss Mai and her beautiful skating! I hope she gets well and gives us the privilege to see her again!

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

IF we want to give them the benefit of the doubt, they probably meant "ever, across all disciplines":peekapooh:

among currently competing skaters he is clearly The most titled. Closest competitors would be P/C with all their multiple WC and EC titles, but they "only" got one OSM, and in FS, no matter what World Standing points say, OWG is the single MOST important competition for both audience and skaters alike (I mean, Aljona Savchenko didn't stay for 5 olympic cycles just to collect one more WC gold).

But saying "Hanyu is THE most decorated" would have been too high a praise, wouldn't it? :P

In Men, among the living but retired skaters, Dick Button has more WC gold and then there are Yagudin and Plushenko who, even if with only one Men's Singles OGM, have several WC and Euros gold medals (and Plushenko has other 3 Olympic medals).

Among not-living men, there's Grafström with his 3OGM.

Across disciplines, there are other mutiple OGMs (especially back in the days, when getting multiple OGMs was the norm...which says a lot about just how much the sport has changed since then). I don't mind too much if Yuzu gets counted as *only* "one of the most decorated ever" together with Irina Rodnina and her 3xOGM+10xWC gold:biggrin:

and yes, I've noticed how eager they are to always mention Dick Button :tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg:(USA):tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg:

:laughing:

Also, since whoever wrote those descriptions was so keen on highlighing that a certain someone had got this and that when he was only 20yo, they could have as well added:

"Hanyu won the triple crown - senior GPF, WC and OGM- , when he was just 19yo and still eligible for JrWC"

But that, too, would have been too high a praise, I guess :emoticonaci2019:

Anyway what irks me the most is that the whole bio just clinically lists his comp achievements, while not saying one word about...literally everything else?

How ispiring he is, his donations, his being spokeperson for the victims one of the biggest natural disasters in recent history, his setting an example of humility and sportsmanship, how he moves crowds(edit: both emotionally and...geographically). Heck, even the darn Pooh Rain that constantly makes to media headlines (and that, for a change, would actually be extremely relevant to the scope of the MVS, as described by ISU).

It wasn't even matter of staying within a certain characters limit, since others got longer bio...

If I didn't know the candidates and I just had to pick who to give that stupid award only based on those descriptions.... I wouldn't pick Yuzuru.

And that's why the whole things reeks so much.

4 hours ago, Pammi said:

I was thinking the same as Max, especially since one of Morricone's pieces is literally named... The Ectasy of Gold :10814716:

(I'm already thinking about a MWW2)

and yeah, I miss Mai too:sad4: I loved her Gabriel's Oboe

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

Great idea! Enio Morricone composed so many diverse musics, the choice is huge. But I suppose it wouldn't be for next season, he must be already training his new programs.

Massimiliano Ambesi proposing a Morricone program, and your suggesting Mission, reminded me that Italian missions had built a basilica in Sendai (now an event venue, the diocese built a cathedral nearby). And the movie is about Jesuits, an order co-founded by St Francis Xavier... the circle seems completed! :grin:

Edit @LadyLou 3min08! No need for a cut! I don't dare imagine the short program he would present us on such a music! Or exhibition program.

2 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

I would say it is still Dick Button, who was not only double Olympic champion but also quintuple World champion.

Of course, if one refers only to skaters still competing, he is obviously the most decorated.

The wording on the ISU site is: “one of the most decorated skaters in the world” – not “one of the most decorated skaters in history”.

By implication, Yuzu is being described as only “one of the most decorated skaters in the world (now).”

The most valuable skater award is being presented for a COMPETING skater (not a historical one) and the ISU is purposely stating that Yuzu is “one of” instead of “the most” decorated skater in the world in order to justify their choice of winner.

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Ennio Morricone's "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" – a great soundtrack to an epic Sergio Leone western film.

I've often wondered what a Yuzu free skate would be like to this iconic music.

you and i both...Ennio will be missed a lot,but i'm sure his loved one will be happy to know his music is loved by so many people all over the world!

And for I*U awards as usual they patch a hole and left the next one broken;)

:yuzususpect:and I just needed to use this wonderful new emoji LOL