General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

I don't see it at all in these graphs.
The number of people tested positive is growing because, as you see, last month at last they endeavoured to test massively. Comparatively, UK and US did start testing early in the epidemic but what they lack is medical response : I won't start upon US medical system because it would become political, but as to UK, the NHS is in a pitiable state, both on the GP level (three weeks to get an appointment, ten minutes consultation, a paracetamol prescription whatever the trouble, is hardly a caricature) as on the hospital level, with a general mess (all the response from the heads of the NHS to budget cuts is to fire nurses and to recruit highly-paid executives in large numbers; plus the way the "localisation" was handled).

And I don't see Sweden in the graph of number of positive vs. number of tested, but it is not that precise when you see France in the average, it really is a cheating, because we sooo undertested during the explosion and the pike, hiding its size, while many people proposed solutions for massive testing (300.000 tests per week for cheap, first offered in February unofficially, then officially mid-March in an open letter by lack of previous answer, a governmental promise three weeks later but to no avail except one very eloquent day of testing by misunderstanding from the proposers; only in late April, with numbers dwindling while their narrative was terrifying the population, they started two to three weeks of massive testing, 700.000 per week, to no avail because the epidemics was to its end; so they changed their narrative to pretend they "had won" against the infection, even suppressing retroactively a good number of the victims and of the infected from official numbers, and stopped testing while we still need it; and so, as a whole, we have a good cases/tests ratio but the reality is totally different).

But for Sweden, while not fighting enough, they were always honest (I repeat : I have no idea of the political colour of their government, or its attitude on other issues, I am just speaking of what I can see about the epidemic) and were among the few who counted their CoViD-deaths with accuracy, leading people to believe they had had more deaths than some others who were less honest/accurate (mostly Spain, France and Netherlands; once again, I have no idea of who is governing Netherlands, and I have second-hand relation about Spain which make me think they were rather overwhelmed at a moment than lying).

And you can see the graph of excessive death rate :

https://euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

They are still at the limit of an excess, because 1) they seem to have effectively protected the weaker, unlike France for instance who did the opposite and have now a "too low death rate"; 2) there are still some deaths from CoViD but with effectual census and more tests, it is weaning.

:offtopic2:

Reveal hidden contents

As to the vaccine, we would need decades of much more efficient feedback to know the direct effects of course, but specifically for coronavirus vaccination, on MERS and on SARS-CoV 1 tested vaccines, a risk have been observed of potentially lethal immune reactions when in contact with the real virus, so I would say, no way for me unless properly tested on really knowing and willing people.

I think further arguments may be better, not even in the CoViD thread, but by private mail if you want.

Here's the graph for confirmed cases per million inhabitants. As you can see, Sweden has the highest number of any European country:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/21176/covid-19-infection-density-in-countries-most-total-cases/

And this topic is derailing the forum, so that's the last I'm going to say about it. 

22 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

I hate to say this but do u guys think because Yuzuru is from an Asian country is why  the reason their trying so much to undermine his achievement? Sorry if this question inappropriate.I will delete this

Hmm. Maybe, maybe not. I think it's a mistake to assume that the reason is because he's an Asian, specifically. That might be why, but it could also just be because he's not Russian or not American, which isn't the same thing. I mean, Nathan is also Asian. Yes, he's an American, but if the discrimination against Yuzu were only about race, then Nathan would also have the same trouble. I think it's mostly about not being from a country and/or skating federation that wields clout in the ISU. The two things are sort of similar, but not quite. In other words if the situation were reversed and a white guy were to be Japan's top skater, they'd still get no respect from the ISU. 

12 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

I was ignoring the whole award thing until I read the bio today. Then this misspelling happened. ISU really exceeds my expectation and I am speechless. How much lower can they get next week?

:yuzuhuh:

This just about sums up my feelings. I was blissfully ignoring everything about that award show. Was not going to tune in. Indifferent.

But this. This just makes my blood boil. Turned my indifference to absolute hatred for the thing. I'd wreck it if I could. >:(

I am half jokingly half seriously believe that they tried to measure how many people actually care about this award by publishing bio full of mistakes because the number of likes and retweets their tweets on the award get looks smaller compared to the number of likes and RTs their tweets about streaming of past competitions, or a tweet like this from Nekomasamune gets.