General Yuzuru Chat

While I wouldn’t go as far as ban any mention of the awards here, I certainly wouldn’t take it seriously. Have fun and mock them, whatever the result, folks, but don’t give them what they want - which is clicks and attention. 

That omission of Yuzu's achievement on the awards bio only reflects poorly on those who desperately wants another skater of their choice to be seen as the tiptop skater today — that kind of omission would never cast Yuzu in a poor light, as those dullards desire, because people know the truth, the truth that Yuzu is simply unmatchable by any other skaters before, now, and probably after this era of FS we are in.

The only problem is that those who are completely new to FS and they see this and they straight up believe it. I'd like to think that this is not going to be a legitimate issue, but the fact that this is still a possibility bothers me...😒

Generally I am down for just ignoring those stupid antics by I**, U**S* and the rest of the goons but there has to be an active way to stop them fooling around like that, because seriously, it benefits no one (not even themselves)...

And yet they still wonder why Figure Skating is not respected as a sport.

The way the World Body, ISU  conducts itself is appalling. It is not interested in promoting the sport globally & actual improvements in the sport, it's only interested in furthering their own agenda.

I’ve never known a sport like it - imagine “forgetting“ you have a double reigning Olympic champ in your midst for your annual sports awards :disdain:!!

I agree we should ignore ... but I find it hard not to be furious with the body that governs and supposedly promotes this sport treating its most shining star and most high profile ambassador internationally in this shabby way, it’s sickening. Hopefully Yuzuru himself is taking it with a pinch of salt; us being upset is one thing, him being affected by it is another. 

I also think that we should ignore the "award", nothing helps better than as little attention as possible to get rid of this "award" and to show ISU what we think about it.

(I think it's just so sad that skaters are deprived of the opportunity for a little carefree fun, a get-together without competition)

And for those who still want to watch the award show please keep in mind that N.C. is not responsible for what the ISU does.

As for the wrongly presented bio or generally wrongly presented facts:

I always prefer to react to something like this, but as unemotionally as possible, even if it's hard to do. If you get emotional, quick-tempered or start to hand out insults,

it will only fall back on you or you won't be taken seriously. Then it's back to: "look at these crazy Hanyu fans."

But a neutral message with the correction of facts cannot be dismissed.

1 minute ago, Neenah said:

The awards are not important, they are only the ISU's way of pushing their agenda. The real deal is the Olympics gold and the ISU are slowly but surly building a narrative to ensure a certain someone will get it even if there was someone else better that day. 

Yes i know the awards its not important and they probably will give it to Nathan but the incorrect info and downplaying his achievement what bother me the most

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

Is it only me chuckling at the fact that the way they phrased it makes his Junior GPF and Junior Worlds Golds his greatest achievements? :D 

Yeah, I noticed that too. He even won Junior Worlds :smiley-shocked032:

5分鐘前, EternalSpin說:

Yeah, I noticed that too. He even won Junior Worlds :smiley-shocked032:

Of couse it makes a difference when the other two candidates don't have Junior Worlds gold. lol

:sin:

(disclaimer: no disrespect to them)

15 hours ago, Veveco said:

Yeah, right, no chance I'll buy an all-event ticket 10 months in advance with no refund guarantee in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. Who knows if we'll be even able to travel by then...

Edit: didn't they already announce that there would be awards again next year?

I feel the same. I'm waiting before I decide what to buy, this time. 

11 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

Yes i know the awards its not important and they probably will give it to Nathan but the incorrect info and downplaying his achievement what bother me the most

That is exactly what I meant. The award itself in not important. What is important is what they are using it for, building a narrative around N.C. to make him the undisputed favourite for the Olympics. They are basically building him up to be bigger than he really is just like they built up his PCs. Both are artificial and unbelievable, but also both will be used by the media and fans to defend any controversial results.