General Yuzuru Chat

This might have been already posted, but Nishikawa's Cool Campaign 3rd round will start.

They give us the final blow :10742290:  

I really want the Masquerade clear file.  But I will have to go to the office on July 6th when the online order starts :64341262:

This time, the target item is their towels  :68556365:   Much more affordable than usual, but it means a tough fight to get it.

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000147.000010201.html

https://shop.nishikawa1566.com/shop/e/ecoolcp/

img_novelty_02.jpg

38 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

This might have been already posted, but Nishikawa's Cool Campaign 3rd round will start.

I really want the Masquerade clear file.  But I will have to go to the office on July 6th when the online order starts :64341262:

This time, the target item is their towels  :68556365:   Much more affordable than usual, but it means a tough fight to get it.

img_novelty_02.jpg

Gosh... You should participate in the "my most beautiful Yuzu" contest with this clear file...

55 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

img_novelty_02.jpg

:gaah:What I wouldn't give for that Masquerade clear file!!!

Some more beautiful Yuzus

Spoiler

yuzuru-hanyu-of-japan-performs-his-routi

img_news.aspx?id=20151102000232&no=1&kyo

When I google-seached the source with this image, the search keywords google suggested were 羽生結弦 (yuzuru hanyu) 綺麗 (clear, clean, gorgeous) 美しい (beautiful) haha

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

It is about Figure Skate TV aired by BS Fuji tonight. They asked Japanese skaters to name one of their performances at JNats in the past they wanted people to watch again and one of the other Japanese skaters' performances at past JNats they wanted to watch again, and Shun named Yuzu's R&J. He said he went to Osaka to watch Yuzu live and watched the performance live. It was the first-ever competition he watched live! He said he was so happy when Yuzu won a spot at Nice2012.
Yuma and Marin named Otonal at JNats last year.

I didn't even dare to watch his programs at Nationals, after those three jet-lags (and two back) in a month (and now we learn there was something more), but if I understand this, Otoñal was good?

Anyway, if Fuji are still standing against Yuzuru Hanyu, they may have taken these choices as a slap in the face. :smiley-sport014:

15 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I recall that when Yuzu initially moved to Toronto in 2012, he came on his own, but then Brian had to ask his mother to join him in Toronto because Yuzu had a bad asthma attack when no one was around to help him  - and his English being almost non-existent in those years must have been quite a harrowing experience for all concerned.   I tried to find the original source but couldn't find it: perhaps a Japanese interview of Brian or it was in Brian's book?   I also heard that as a junior skater he suffered asthma attacks on the plane and his mother would lay him down across the seats to help him breath more easily.  His mother's presence is essential not only as a manager but also as someone knowledgeable about caring for his health. 

During one of the backstage TV shots at FaOI (perhaps 2016?) I saw him take a quick puff from an inhaler.  It was a very brief moment - barely a second or two - and he quickly hid the inhaler,  but I recognized that movement since I also used to walk around with an inhaler and took a surrepticious puff from time to time.  I assume his health is getting better, but it's hard to know the exact status since he keeps tight-lipped about his asthma.  For example, at the end of Japanese national last December, he mentioned that he had to deal with "some unexpected issues" just before coming to Japan, but he did not elaborate.  It made me think  that he might have had to deal with another asthma attack.  This is purely speculation on my part - but when you have asthma, you live in constant fear of an unexpected attack.   I hope he is doing better and able to overcome asthma as his body matures.  

how scary to feel sick and nobody around you knows your language....also how scary having a asthma attack on plane,cannot think of a worst place honeslty. Yuzu is a pretty tough guy but his mom is too!

6 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Any frame from my signature below.

your sig is very distracting....among other  I love   @LadyLou and @Fay  profile pics,they show off Yuzuru so well!

@sweetwater thank you for translating and reporting every bits of news from your country.

And @SuzyQ wow those files....I cannot stop wondering how the heck he reach that position without opening his hips.

And Masquerade wins everything of course!

I had a bad day but as usual PH improved my mood!

Yeah, right, no chance I'll buy an all-event ticket 10 months in advance with no refund guarantee in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. Who knows if we'll be even able to travel by then...

Edit: didn't they already announce that there would be awards again next year?

4 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

img_novelty_02.jpg

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

:gaah:What I wouldn't give for that Masquerade clear file!!!

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Gosh... You should participate in the "my most beautiful Yuzu" contest with this clear file...

Okay - time to ask this question - I LOVE the clear files I've been gifted by other satellites, and i'd like that Masquerade one, too - but, what is the purpose of a clear file?  Other than collecting them, is there a specific purpose for a clear file?  I keep travel papers in one (back when travel was something that people could do) but have been curious forever on what the actual usage of these are?  And why so popular in Japan? I know why the ones with Yuzu on them are popular, I'm just asking about clear files in general. 

23 minutes ago, barbara said:

Okay - time to ask this question - I LOVE the clear files I've been gifted by other satellites, and i'd like that Masquerade one, too - but, what is the purpose of a clear file?  Other than collecting them, is there a specific purpose for a clear file?  I keep travel papers in one (back when travel was something that people could do) but have been curious forever on what the actual usage of these are?  And why so popular in Japan? I know why the ones with Yuzu on them are popular, I'm just asking about clear files in general. 

collector items for the most part, for myself.  

I do use a clearfile of Yuzu at work: for my timesheets and vacation paperwork(most of which was oriented around Yuzu)

30 минут назад, barbara сказал:

I am mostly collecting them, using one or two when travelling, also for study papers sometimes.

4 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Digital format! 

ehhh no plz don't tempt me:14066882::10636614:

(I mean, I already have the photobook in wishlist together with way too much stuff, but if they release a digital bersion too I won't have the excuse of the shipping costs...)

@Veveco I think a fan then shared the screenshot of the reply they got when they asked organizers if gala would be gala or.. like in Montreal. But otherwise, organizers keep mum on their website.

It costed nothing to add one line mentioning the format. Not all fans will think about mailing organizers, or know that other fans did..and not all fans know about the awards, if they haven't been on social media. Organizers "forgetting" this rather important detail(*) doesn't bode well

You'd think that, if awards were such a GREAT hit with fans, they'd want to use them to promote the gala... but alas:rolleyes:

Between this and the no-refund policy, it feels too similar to the Montreal scam, with the aggravating circumstances of being amidst a pandemic. Selling non-refundable tickets in August, when borders can get closed in matters of weeks or even days... This kind of behaviour says a lot about how much organizers(&ISU that let them organize their event like this) care about the audience :/

*(instead of a 2-hours long ice show --> skaters in formal attire waiting to get some award and only a few of performances in a corner of the rink that might as well be on the opposite side of where one buys a seat, depending on sheer luck)

re: clearfiles

I didn't know what they were LMAO it's another knowledge I got after becoming a Yuzu fan:tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

I use one of those I got in Turin (to keep more Yuzu stuff I got there):coolio:

The rest are for contemplation only:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: and I'm scared I'll scratch them, so I just keep them stored away most of the time LOL