General Yuzuru Chat

6小時前, FlyingCamel說:

Choosing one is way too hard... if we’re talking about “beautiful” and not “handsome” or “cute”, maybe this one. He looks absolutely ethereal.

I can't choose which one is the most beautiful, but if I am to choose the most ethereal one, it must be hydroblade in HYK. :redface:

https://images.app.goo.gl/MFGnkaRYBDncpkJc8

https://images.app.goo.gl/MFGnkaRYBDncpkJc8

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Hmmm, this seems to be about the exhibition - what’s he saying? 

So, he was announcing that they'll upload this clip :68271262: in which he talks about this photo.

https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/topics/20200615-OYT8T50061/

Click on the video displayed under this title

”写真部 若杉和希記者の写真解説講座

(1)オータムクラシック ショートプログラム(SP)(2019年9月13日、カナダ)”

Rough Translation of his comment in the longer video

Nice to meet you, everyone who has come to see the Hanyu Yuzuru Online Exhibition. I am Kazuki Wakasugi from the photography department of the Yomiuri Shimbun Tokyo headquarters. I am in charge of the photography in this exhibition. In this section, I would like to pick four photos I especially like among the photographs exhibited in the exhibition and talk about them one by one. This is the photo I talk about today. (Shows the photo)

This is a photo of Otonal during men's SP in Autumn Classic held in Oakville, Canada in September, a scene during the final spin towards the end of the program. When I saw this picture, this airiness, or weightlessness, the way his hair floated up in the air gave me the impression as if I was watching colored leaf/colored leaves slowly fluttering down.

Yomiuri often uses photos of spin, especially when the skater is a men's singles skater. I think it is because, in such photographs, their faces look distorted as they are straining themselves, and that makes the viewer feel the energy. Such photos also look dynamic since they are spinning so fast. Photos of spin are also convenient because skaters are folding their arms tightly and fit in a compact space. However, I feel... It may be OK for Hanyu senshu since his spins are beautiful, but I don't think we really need to use the photos in which they are grimacing when they perform beautifully and look beautiful throughout the program. So, usually, I try not to submit photos of spin much. But in this photograph, he looks relaxed despite doing a spin, and it was near the end of the program. And if you take a close look at it, you will probably be able to see that he is paying attention to everything, including his fingertips of his left hand, that he is concentrating on his performance. And more than anything, his profile is so beautiful, so I thought, "I like this photograph."

This is a scene that you may overlook in a movie or on TV, that even I may overlook while watching it live, and I think I could capture the transient beauty by capturing the moment with photography. This isn't a photo I aimed to shoot, though. To be honest, this is what I happened to take while I got sucked in the performance and went on releasing the shutter more and more. But I remember myself stopping my hands and thinking, "Wow, I could take a photo like this!" when I found this photo while checking photos I took later.

I went to this Autumn Classic for the first time, and the traffic line of the building was very interesting. The skaters were using the space right behind the photographers' position where we shoot, and I could see how they warmed up and how they looked when they headed for the rink.

There are more photos taken during Autumn Classic in the exhibition, so please take your time and enjoy them.

7 hours ago, barbara said:

With shredded cheese, of course. Easy, quick and high protein.  He did not get this idea from me. He learned in college.

Tuna and cheese together, oh God :sick:. I know it's a thing, like in tuna melts, but I just... can't. As a steady diet, wow. Boys!

My one photo to prove Yuzu the most beautiful would be this one: https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/yuzuru-hanyu-of-japan-performs-in-the-mens-free-skating-news-photo/1063209168

I just love that Origin Ina Bauer. 

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

So, he was announcing that they'll upload this clip :68271262: in which he talks about this photo.

https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/topics/20200615-OYT8T50061/

Click on the video displayed under this title

”写真部 若杉和希記者の写真解説講座

(1)オータムクラシック ショートプログラム(SP)(2019年9月13日、カナダ)”

Rough Translation of his comment in the longer video

thank you for translating this commentary to the pic:201111231756430f6:  it's so lovely and thoughtful and Wakasugi-san is absolutely right: it's such a beautiful pic, it feels so serene, it's dynamic but peaceful :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

ETA: and I've just realized it's the pic in the forum theme I'm currently using:grin:

as for pic to prove Yuzuru is beautiful...well there's a lot but right now I'd go for H&L Yuzu:tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:

Spoiler

do you happen know the sources of this pic?

o0480069613892032221.jpg?caw=1125

source:  back cover of this magazine

tumblr_ohr9au6cc21vkp9m8o2_1280.jpg

and also this

YES, I know this pic technically doesn't show his face, but he's still beautiful :P

(it's watermarked Ninny Toronto, does anyone know if they have a website/social so I can link the original source directly?)

edit:  I'm removing the pic for now, I'll try to ask photographer if it's ok to share with credit

Just know that it was a beautiful pic of Yuzu's back in H&L:10636614:

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

thank you for translating this commentary to the pic:201111231756430f6:  it's so lovely and thoughtful and Wakasugi-san is absolutely right: it's such a beautiful pic, it feels so serene, it's dynamic but peaceful :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

ETA: and I've just realized it's the pic in the forum theme I'm currently using:grin:

as for pic to prove Yuzuru is beautiful...well there's a lot but right now I'd go for H&L Yuzu:tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:

Reveal hidden contents

do you happen know the sources of these pics?

o0480069613892032221.jpg?caw=1125

tumblr_ohr9au6cc21vkp9m8o2_1280.jpg

and also this

YES, I know this pic technically doesn't show his face, but he's still beautiful :P

(it's watermarked Ninny Toronto, does anyone know if they have a website/social so I can link the original source directly?)

tumblr_ohr9au6cc21vkp9m8o1_1280.jpg

Don't know about the other two, but the one in the middle is the back cover of this magazine.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4403311083
Ninny has a twitter account but it is private.

30 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Don’t know what this really is about but:

🥰

It is about Figure Skate TV aired by BS Fuji tonight. They asked Japanese skaters to name one of their performances at JNats in the past they wanted people to watch again and one of the other Japanese skaters' performances at past JNats they wanted to watch again, and Shun named Yuzu's R&J. He said he went to Osaka to watch Yuzu live and watched the performance live. It was the first-ever competition he watched live! He said he was so happy when Yuzu won a spot at Nice2012.
Yuma and Marin named Otonal at JNats last year.

I also found this image:

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/yuzuru-hanyu-of-japan-competes-in-the-mens-short-program-news-photo/1062290810?adppopup=true

which I'm not sure anyone here has seen - at least I've never seen it published anywhere.

Y'all should have a scroll through the Getty Images site there - it's a treasure trove of the many, many moods of Yuzu

14 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Don't know about the other two, but the one in the middle is the back cover of this magazine.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4403311083
Ninny has a twitter account but it is private.

It is about Figure Skate TV aired by BS Fuji tonight. They asked Japanese skaters to name one of their performances at JNats in the past they wanted people to watch again and one of the other Japanese skaters' performances at past JNats they wanted to watch again, and Shun named Yuzu's R&J. He said he went to Osaka to watch Yuzu live and watched the performance live. It was the first-ever competition he watched live! He said he was so happy when Yuzu won a spot at Nice2012.
Yuma and Marin named Otonal at JNats last year.

Thanks for translating that.

Somehow the image of microbaby Shun watching baby Romeo Yuzu and being inspired is just :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: